PDA

View Full Version : Fault no 3.......

Rockh
06-11-09, 10:32 AM
Fault no 3,
Drivers heated seat has stopped working :(. Press the button and after about a minute it switches off again, not even mildly warming the seat. Checked the plugs under the seat, they are ok, you can hear the relay behind the dash click. Passenger side works fine much to the wife'a amusement. Just when it is starting to get cold in the morning.
Oh well, it's in the dealers on Monday for the rear disks to be changed so will mention it then, but no doubt it will be back for further investigation.........

Toon
06-11-09, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't know if mine worked - never used it! I'm amazed the passenger one isn't worn out though the amount of times the missus has it on!

Vectra-Arctic
06-11-09, 08:02 PM
Fault no 3,
Drivers heated seat has stopped working :(. Press the button and after about a minute it switches off again, not even mildly warming the seat. Checked the plugs under the seat, they are ok, you can hear the relay behind the dash click. Passenger side works fine much to the wife'a amusement. Just when it is starting to get cold in the morning.
Oh well, it's in the dealers on Monday for the rear disks to be changed so will mention it then, but no doubt it will be back for further investigation.........

The wife's hot stuff then ! :rolleyes:

Rockh
09-11-09, 11:43 AM
The wife's hot stuff then ! :rolleyes:

:D ;)

Amos
19-12-09, 11:05 AM
Did you get your heated seat sorted as mine not working.

Fault no 3,

Rockh
19-12-09, 12:00 PM
No, dealers F***ing about, forgot to order parts, now getting the run around as I think they still haven't got the bits. Will be dropping in to see the service manager on Monday and an email to our fleet manager........

Rockh
21-12-09, 10:58 AM
Spoken to the service manager this morning and after some apologies about the lack of communication etc, it transpires that they are awaiting one part out of 2 apparently and the system shows no ETA to the FACTORY let alone the UK.
They've promised to chase it up when the factory reopens after the New Year.

Vectra-Arctic
21-12-09, 06:53 PM
I'm sure the Sale of Goods Act would apply here. Goods fit for purpose.

Rockh
21-12-09, 07:04 PM
Quite sure it would, it's a company car and although people have managed to get cars replaced, it is a royal pita.

kevinfourlegs
21-12-09, 07:07 PM
There's some faults with these Insignias isn't there? Every car I've had with heated seats, 8 of them, all had their heated seats working. The oldest was an '88 Volvo 740. There's a moral to this. Don't buy a Vauxhall insignia, buy an old Volvo. Probably out last the new Vauxhalls.

Rockh
21-12-09, 07:20 PM
It did work the once I tried it, then true to form when you do need it .......

Mostly annoying that Vx have such poor parts availability considering this is the flagship car.

PRO-INSIGNIA
28-01-10, 11:05 PM
Fault no 3,

Rockh,

Have you got your heated drivers seat fixed?
My dads has got exactly the same problem with his!:(#
Do you know what the problem was:confused:

Amos
29-01-10, 06:35 AM
Mines the same its in on monday they think its the heater pads? i dont.

Rockh,

Have you got your heated drivers seat fixed?
My dads has got exactly the same problem with his!:(#
Do you know what the problem was:confused:

Rockh
29-01-10, 07:26 AM
Eventually got fixed on Wednesday after Vx having the car for 2 days. Now have a nice toasty bum :).

Will be using mine for the next few weeks constantly just to make sure it still works. Apparently mine has had 2 bits replaced, not just the heater pads.

A couple of the guys at work have also had to have the seats fixed and one lasted about a week before something else went faulty.

The fleet guys had a meeeting with Vx about the Insignia in general and as they knew I'd had a few issues asked for my comments. Vx were very good and have taken the comments onboard, they didn't quite admit parts supply issues but it was inferred.

Amos
29-01-10, 08:03 AM
Do you know what bits they changed & which dealer so my dealer can ask for help.

Eventually got fixed on Wednesday after Vx having the car for 2 days. Now have a nice toasty bum :).

Will be using mine for the next few weeks constantly just to make sure it still works. Apparently mine has had 2 bits replaced, not just the heater pads.

A couple of the guys at work have also had to have the seats fixed and one lasted about a week before something else went faulty.

The fleet guys had a meeeting with Vx about the Insignia in general and as they knew I'd had a few issues asked for my comments. Vx were very good and have taken the comments onboard, they didn't quite admit parts supply issues but it was inferred.

Rockh
29-01-10, 09:18 AM
Bar the heated pads I'm sorry I don't.
Talking to one of the guys there is some form of control box, this is what went faulty with him, but they did the pads first as they were the cheaper option.