PDA

View Full Version : What's In Your Front Seat Pocket?

cerbera147
06-11-09, 05:46 PM
Hi fellow Insignia drivers,

What do you keep, if anything, in the little fabric pockets on the front seats?

Currently I have nothing but I guess you could keep some loose change or a fuel card.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Happy42
06-11-09, 06:02 PM
Dust :eek::eek: :)

mitch1408
06-11-09, 06:52 PM
Normally my wallet when im driving as I dont like it in my back pocket but thats all!!

Toon
06-11-09, 07:22 PM
Nothing, I tried putting a couple of things in before but it's not big enough

chris66
06-11-09, 07:39 PM
C'mon guys. Its obviously a condom pocket.:rolleyes:

Vectra-Arctic
06-11-09, 07:40 PM
LoL (- (- (-

Packet of three in case you have to stop off...

chris66
06-11-09, 07:43 PM
The front seat pocket as in the one on the Back of the front seat??

Big enough to hold a road map in there, but mine is usually empty.:)

Where are these pockets insignia owners?

Toon
06-11-09, 07:50 PM
The front seat pocket as in the one on the Back of the front seat??

Big enough to hold a road map in there, but mine is usually empty.:)

Nah, the front of the seat where your thighs are

chris66
06-11-09, 07:52 PM
Nah, the front of the seat where your thighs are

Told you! its an easy access intimate item pocket. for those moments when you just can't wait.

Vectra-Arctic
06-11-09, 08:13 PM
Told you! its an easy access intimate item pocket. for those moments when you just can't wait.

Street Cruzin' LoL

svpworld
06-11-09, 08:17 PM
a printed list of engine codes as the exclusiv doesnt have the high level info display. As stated its a bit small for most things but I guess you could maybe use it for a cloth, parking ticket, coins... not sure why its there though.

cerbera147
06-11-09, 09:18 PM
not sure why its there though.

Agreed; it does appear to be a bit random. I did have a Seat Altea which had proper compartment under the front seat.

I think I may go with your idea for a cloth. I always keep a microfibre cloth close by, it'll fit nicely in there :D (-

rosco
07-11-09, 09:09 AM
i dont have them...

thermalactivity
07-11-09, 10:29 AM
where exactly is this "front seat pocket" as ive never noticed it though to be honest i havent looked and never knew it existed until ive just read this thread?? :confused: if it fits a "packet of three" in then now i know why the seats are made from "Top Tech - to help resist spilt fluids, grimes and stains!!" as shown on page 55 of the insignia brochure!! :eek:

Vectra-Arctic
07-11-09, 11:24 AM
where exactly is this "front seat pocket" as ive never noticed it though to be honest i havent looked and never knew it existed until ive just read this thread?? :confused: if it fits a "packet of three" in then now i know why the seats are made from "Top Tech - to help resist spilt fluids, grimes and stains!!" as shown on page 55 of the insignia brochure!! :eek:

Man made fluids ?. You can probably keep a packet of 'wet wipes' in there as well.

cerbera147
07-11-09, 02:41 PM
where exactly is this "front seat pocket" as ive never noticed it though to be honest i havent looked and never knew it existed until ive just read this thread?? :confused:

It is a 'fabric pocket' on the vertical part of the front seats. Kinda where your calves would be. I have an Exclusiv Nav but I am thinking that SRi models may not have it due its extendable cushion. No great loss :cool:

cameron66
08-11-09, 01:56 PM
It is a 'fabric pocket' on the vertical part of the front seats. Kinda where your calves would be. I have an Exclusiv Nav but I am thinking that SRi models may not have it due its extendable cushion. No great loss :cool:

I was always a little reluctant to shove anything into those pockets, at least not anything of any thickness anyway. Always worried in case it permantly stretched it... Never really used the ones at the rear of the seats for the same reason.

thermalactivity
08-11-09, 02:09 PM
Never really used the ones at the rear of the seats for the same reason.

i have my 20 landranger os maps in the rear of the passenger seat and my 240 volt convertor in the rear of the drivers seat both of which i use for work and recreation purposes. yes they look stretched but i have nowhere else to put them as the car lacks USEFUL cubby holes. the astra i had prior to the insignia fitted all 20 maps in the glove box plus other odds and ends :eek:

cameron66
08-11-09, 02:28 PM
i have my 20 landranger os maps in the rear of the passenger seat and my 240 volt convertor in the rear of the drivers seat both of which i use for work and recreation purposes. yes they look stretched but i have nowhere else to put them as the car lacks USEFUL cubby holes. the astra i had prior to the insignia fitted all 20 maps in the glove box plus other odds and ends :eek:

I know what you mean... that was one of my gripes too, for a car that size the amount of storage pockets and the very small glove box was silly.

I also did'nt like the fact they had cheapened the boot area, by removing the side pockets with the plastic covers. They used to be quite useful on my vec-c. Those little snap in plastic covers they now use to enable you to change a rear bulb are rather a cheap idea too.
Not a step forward IMO.

Melbury
09-11-09, 01:33 PM

Just cant wait?? you need to keep the bottle under the seat then, it wont fit in that pocket! lol