PDA

View Full Version : broken insignia

rosco
07-11-09, 09:22 AM
got my first problem yesterday was turning into a parking space and heard a sound like a coke can being crushed looked around hadnt run anything over. now when manouvering it wobbles like tje wheel is going to fall off took it into opel and its booked in in a weeks time. ill have a look myself first though.

Vectra-Arctic
07-11-09, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't drive it until you are sure what the problem (if any) is. Safety and all that. :)

Vectra-Arctic
07-11-09, 09:32 PM
I just don't believe the Insignia reliabilty record, absolutely abysmal. Glad I have no intentions of wanting one of these problem boxes.

cameron66
08-11-09, 01:00 PM
got my first problem yesterday was turning into a parking space and heard a sound like a coke can being crushed looked around hadnt run anything over. now when manouvering it wobbles like tje wheel is going to fall off took it into opel and its booked in in a weeks time. ill have a look myself first though.

Have you checked that it is not just a loose wheel, VX had a few issues when they first released the car, a few owners had wheel nuts come loose. Thats why VX increased the torque setting for the wheel nuts to 140nm.

140nm is quite tight, many garages tighten them way under that.

rosco
09-11-09, 12:14 AM
well, swerved to avoid a deer this evening and lost half a sidewall... will get them to check the wheel nuts when the put the new tyre on tomorrow. wheels only slightly marked thank god for rim protectors on tyres

rosco
09-11-09, 02:02 PM
230euros for a tyre, and thats tax free

rosco
10-11-09, 05:49 AM
no a single tyre

thermalactivity
10-11-09, 01:21 PM
i feel SO lucky knowing that all my maintenance costs are included with my fixed monthly price of my company car including tyres!!! as ouch that must hurt...:eek:

Rockh
11-11-09, 07:05 PM
i feel SO lucky knowing that all my maintenance costs are included with my fixed monthly price of my company car including tyres!!! as ouch that must hurt...:eek:

Tis one of the good bits of the scheme, looked up the price of the tyres ages ago and nearly had a cow at slightly under £200 a corner.
Downside is that the arrangement fleet has does not mean you will get the same tyre as a replacement. Had one or 2 discussions with them about this over the years as I insist on the same tyre not whatever Hi-Q have in stock.

thermalactivity
11-11-09, 07:08 PM
I insist on the same tyre not whatever Hi-Q have in stock.
i always phone around all the HI-Qs and ask if they have that particular tyre as a replacement as i wont accept mixing and matching tyres!

Rockh
11-11-09, 09:03 PM
The guys at Morpeth are usually good and will do pretty much what you ask (same manager also runs Blyth).

rosco
12-11-09, 04:51 AM
its easy for you lot, but i live in germany and dont speak any german.. bad admin on my part.

rosco
16-11-09, 02:45 PM
right, bit annoyed. just back from the opel garage. dropped off the car this morning and was told it would be ready the next day, when i asked if i was entitled to a courtesy car i was told no only americans got this (i know... the german dealing with me thought i was american. ) then when i picked up the car i was told opel knew about the problem HOWEVER. it would not be fixed for another 5-7 MONTHS when they would send me a letter. Only one who thinks that it feeling like your wheels are about to fall off is kinda serious!? also driving back from the garage i noticed the car was pulling quite severely to the right. now ive got to go back to opel and get the tracking checked.

not a good day.

chris66
17-11-09, 09:40 AM
right, bit annoyed. just back from the opel garage. dropped off the car this morning and was told it would be ready the next day, when i asked if i was entitled to a courtesy car i was told no only americans got this (i know... the german dealing with me thought i was american. ) then when i picked up the car i was told opel knew about the problem HOWEVER. it would not be fixed for another 5-7 MONTHS when they would send me a letter. Only one who thinks that it feeling like your wheels are about to fall off is kinda serious!? also driving back from the garage i noticed the car was pulling quite severely to the right. now ive got to go back to opel and get the tracking checked.

not a good day.

Just picking up on this thread mate. what a nightmare! Really do wish you the best and hope they get their fingers out and sort the problem before it causes an accident. about the courtesy car, Only Americans eh? i think i'd be telling them i was speaking to a human rights lawyer about that! thats discrimination.

rosco
22-11-09, 06:47 PM
interestingly the steering has been fine since opel had it. im thinking it was loose wheel bolts and they fixed it but lied to save face.

chris66
22-11-09, 07:19 PM
interestingly the steering has been fine since opel had it. im thinking it was loose wheel bolts and they fixed it but lied to save face.

Thats great news mate. well almost. shouldn't have happened and was damn dangerous but at least your not going to lose your car for a week.