PDA

View Full Version : Ice warning - how long should it be on for?

mitch1408
08-11-09, 09:10 PM
I had the icy road warning come on tonight but only for a second (two at most). Does anyone know how long is it meant to come on for? I didnt think the time it was on for was sufficent! :confused:

Murph
08-11-09, 09:25 PM
It should stay on all the time the outside temp is below 3 or 4 degrees (depends on the car)

mitch1408
08-11-09, 09:36 PM
If its cold enough it will stay on. obviously a glitch in the system, or you were going so quick,,,:D:D
It not that cold tonight.:confused:

Was around 4 degrees for most of my journey tonight then dropped to 3 when i was in the middle of the lincolnshire countryside! Stayed on 3 untill i turned the engine off but as i said the warning dissappeared after a only a sec or two.

Wasnt speeding either - icy road LOL (-

GTR One
09-11-09, 09:26 PM
Mine came on for the first time today (at 3 degC) ..stayed on until I accepted it on the button. But there was no warning beep when appeared and no warning sign anywhere after. I thought vx might put an icicle symbol next to the temp display?

Melbury
16-11-09, 02:38 PM
I had the icy road warning come on tonight but only for a second (two at most). Does anyone know how long is it meant to come on for? I didnt think the time it was on for was sufficent! :confused:

I have had no icy road warning at all, even when temp was down to 1 so will be watching that situation although if when it shows 3 that is warning enough!

icemann3016
18-11-09, 08:38 AM
I got it once here so far. It was a cold morning and it stayed for like 1minute or so and dissapeared. So i believe that`s the wait should work like.

Melbury
28-11-09, 05:53 PM

I am annoyed that I have no ice warning at all, although when temp shows 3degrees I can take the hint. It has been down to 1 and still no warning.
There must be something not right in the settings.
Does anyone know whats wrong with it ? or is it worth bothering about ?:(

Rockh
28-11-09, 06:19 PM
Mines been on a few times today. Not needed to press anything to clear it, unlike the vec which stayed up on the display until you pressed a button.

afisher
30-11-09, 07:06 PM
Mine comes on for 10 seconds and goes of automatically either when the temp drops to 3 degrees while the engine is on or is at or below that when turning the engine on.

MICKTHEMECHANIC
30-11-09, 07:14 PM
Mine comes on for 10 seconds and goes of automatically either when the temp drops to 3 degrees while the engine is on or is at or below that when turning the engine on.

i aint got one

mitch1408
30-11-09, 07:53 PM
i aint got one

All trim levels have it as standard. It will come on in the screen between the speedo and rev counter and says "ice possible, drive with care" and has a snowflake symbol. :D

svpworld
01-12-09, 06:05 PM
I was expecting a lot of posts on this thread, given last night was the first big freeze we had.
Well my Exclusiv showed 1 deg C this morning when I started her up, no snowflake or indication of ice. I drove to work and it dropped to -1 deg C, still no indication.
Sounds to me like either you need to be driving and the temperature falls from above 3C towards freezing, or it just dont work too well! The Exclusiv has the simpler display between the speedo and rev counter, not a dot matrix display but I know there is a small flake type indicator on there (you can see it when you start up and all the annuciators light up), also the radio display (the single line one) has the same snowflake indicator annuciator but as of yet I've seen neither of them come on. No big deal, I take the hint if the temperature outside is showing below 3 C but how comes it dont seem to work?

afisher
01-12-09, 06:35 PM
Mine is on every time I start if below 3 deg

mitch1408
02-12-09, 12:24 PM
Mine is on every time I start if below 3 deg

Mine too!

svpworld
02-12-09, 06:04 PM
for those of you who it works for, what driver info display level do you have and infotainment unit? I have the exclusiv so the mid level info display on the dash and the single line radio display/cd 300 but I would have still expected a frost/ice indicator.

Vectra-Arctic
02-12-09, 07:10 PM
I had my ice warning showing up today,,

It was called frost on my eyebrows so thought it best to take it easy driving.:D:D

You need heated driving glass's.

mitch1408
02-12-09, 08:35 PM
for those of you who it works for, what driver info display level do you have and infotainment unit? I have the exclusiv so the mid level info display on the dash and the single line radio display/cd 300 but I would have still expected a frost/ice indicator.

Ive got the Elite Nav so the big screen on the dash and the 3-4ish inch screen between the speedo and rev counter. The ice warning only come on on the small screen.

sofuse
03-12-09, 09:21 AM
Climate control won't come on if the outside temperature is 3deg Centigrade or below, I believe.
So it may be worthwhile having the sensor checked if the air-con also relies on it.

svpworld
03-12-09, 05:18 PM
the sensor i assume works as the temperature display is accurate, just a case of whether some sort of alert comes up when it drops below 3C. Not really bothered as a tiny snowflake symbol isnt going to be so noticeable.

afisher
03-12-09, 05:49 PM
More a 2 inch snowflake as it takes up the whole display.