PDA

View Full Version : DVD 800 SatNav Software

Powerod
10-11-09, 02:52 PM
Hi All

Can anyone confirm if the lastest software disc for the DVD 800 is 2009/2010 and would this have the seven digit postcode search function and if so how this would be entered as I could not see this on the main screen.

Many Thanks

afisher
10-11-09, 05:17 PM
Yes, that's the latest. Just put the Post Code in where it asks for the city.

Powerod
11-11-09, 12:54 PM
Thanks for confirming that.

SimonIG10
06-12-09, 11:15 AM
I still have the 2008-2009 runing in my Insignia which doesnt allow the 7 digit postcode input. Does anyone know where I can aquire a copy of the new version or would anyone be kind enough to lend me their disk??

vauxvet
06-12-09, 11:25 AM
I still have the 2008-2009 runing in my Insignia which doesnt allow the 7 digit postcode input. Does anyone know where I can aquire a copy of the new version or would anyone be kind enough to lend me their disk??

Hi if you're anywhere near Stoke-on Trent you can pop round and i'll let you use mine, The 7 digit postcode is ok but you then loose the ability to input the house number, once the postcode is in everything else is greyed out!!!! another cockup imo. perhaps the 2010/2011 disk will sort this out, there again perhaps it won't

svpworld
07-12-09, 02:58 PM
You can get the latest dvd software here if you can stomach the cost! A brand new tom tom with the latest maps costs less than that!

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=QEEKCghBFc8AAAEiVSJG46hN&ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES

mitch1408
07-12-09, 04:36 PM
WOW thats expensive!!

The postcode goes in the bit that says "city".

If anyone is in the Lincoln (weekdays) Woking (weekends) area and wants the new software give me a shout and ill loan you my disc. (-

SimonIG10
07-12-09, 06:36 PM
Is it possible to put the postcode in and the house number? Much appreciate your offer to load mine up.
I dont suppose Mitch on your journey down from Lincoln you pass anywhere near Jnc 26 on the M25. Happy to meet you there if convienient. I can probably meet anywhere around the north part of the M25, just depends on your timings.

mitch1408
07-12-09, 06:47 PM
Ill have to check my route and let you know. You cant do house number and postcode as far as i know. Only takes the postcode or the normal way of road name and house number.

icemann3016
07-12-09, 10:12 PM
Is anyone with the new soft able to rip the dvd? that would be a much relief.

SimonIG10
08-12-09, 07:46 AM
There are ISO images of the 2008-2009 around on the web but not the 2009-2010.

vauxvet
11-12-09, 09:24 AM
Is anyone with the new soft able to rip the dvd? that would be a much relief.

I've tried a couple of copied dvd's and they won't work, it will update the firm ware but will not allow you to load any maps

mitch1408
16-01-10, 07:21 PM
Sent this letter to the makers of the DVD800 software today. Will let you know the response!

Sir/Ma'am,

I have recently purchased a Vauxhall Insignia and have the optional DVD800 system fitted for which your company provides the mapping. I noticed quite quickly there are no speed camera locations on the system which are a major flaw with the sat nav. There are numerous Insignia Forums on the internet and numerous threads asking if there are speed camera updates and if not why not. No-one can provide a definitive answer apart from the fact there are no speed camera updates that anyone knows of.

I would like to know why there is no option to purchase a speed camera update and if you plan introducing one. You could charge a fee similar to other companies for a yearly subscription and either send the updates to Vauxhall dealers so they can update the cars of people who have subscribed, or you could have an option to download the updates (weekly or monthly) from the internet onto a DVD-RW disc so customers can update their own cars.

Your views on the above would make interesting reading and if you would like links to the speed camera forums I mentioned above, I have no problem sending them to you.

cerbera147
16-01-10, 09:13 PM
Nice one Mitch :D

Their reply should be interesting!

Rockh
17-01-10, 10:35 AM
Nice :)

mitch1408
21-01-10, 06:03 PM
The reply from Navteq was as follows......

Thank you for your enquiry about speed detection devices.

At this moment, NAVTEQ has developed NAVTEQ Camera Alert, a feature enabling NAVTEQ partners to develop applications that alert the driver to the location of cameras along their route. Camera Alert enables geo-referencing of a variety of camera location categories, and is updated and released on a monthly cycle to support its dynamic properties.

NAVTEQ Camera Alert is not yet available to end users but to business partners who are working to integrate the feature into their consumer and business applications.

It seems there might be a camera alert coming out via vauxhall at some point in the future??

thermalactivity
21-01-10, 06:25 PM
i ripped the nav dvd when i first got my car and copied the contents to a folder on my pc. i then found several files of which looked like where the poi were placed. i then got bored of it all and never looked at it again after reading that several people on here had tried and failed to add/remove custom poi's. i did find a german site that explained how to use a piece of software to do this but again i never tried it....

mitch1408
21-01-10, 06:30 PM
I also tried ripping the software off the DVD so i could burn a copy for someone else. After burning the new disc, I tried it in the car and it wouldnt recognise it so ive not tried anymore either, thats why I tried Navteq. I think ill email vauxhall now and see what their response is.

thermalactivity
24-01-10, 10:55 PM
I also tried ripping the software off the DVD so i could burn a copy for someone else. After burning the new disc, I tried it in the car and it wouldnt recognise it so ive not tried anymore either, thats why I tried Navteq. I think ill email vauxhall now and see what their response is.

good work mitch as im really bemused by why such a nav system cant have custom poi added to it especially when its being loaded onto flash memory in the car?

mitch1408
08-02-10, 08:31 PM
well i emailed vauxhall this weekend ref speed camera updates and got back what i thought was a fairly snotty letter. The said they are safety cameras not speed cameras and basically dont speed, if you do there are signs to warn you anyway! Then topped it off by saying they no plans to bring out a camera update!

thermalactivity
08-02-10, 09:04 PM
well i emailed vauxhall this weekend ref speed camera updates and got back what i thought was a fairly snotty letter. The said they are safety cameras not speed cameras and basically dont speed, if you do there are signs to warn you anyway! Then topped it off by saying they no plans to bring out a camera update!

what about emailing them to ask about being able to add custom POIs instead? at least then we could find a way of converting other speed (erm safety) camera databases and adding them along with anything else we wanted instead of the majority of pointless POIs on it as standard...

SimonIG10
09-02-10, 07:39 AM
Not meaning to be negative here but I think you are on to a hiding to nothing here. We have just got to hope someone produces some kind of hack that allows POIs etc. On the basis that the unit has nothing like the circulation of the add-on Tom Tom units I would not be too optimistic. For such a modern car, the units functionality is very disapointing. Not being able to update POIs etc just plays into the hands of Navteq who will no doubt sell updates at huge prices.

whoosh
12-02-10, 09:19 AM
Is there anyone inthe Teesside area that might let me near their DVD800 7 digit postcode update disc please?

whoosh
11-03-10, 10:50 AM
Don't need it now thanks - got an original 2009/20010 disk ;-)

biffbangpow
16-01-14, 07:16 PM
good read that
mines got the disc ,
how can i convert it , to sd card version
and fit the reader
is it just me but why carnt i play a cd whilst using my sat nav !

envoy cdx
16-01-14, 10:34 PM
Does the satnav use the sdcard reader?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

biffbangpow
17-01-14, 02:10 PM
Does the satnav use the sdcard reader?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

no , its a disc , on later versions , it goes to sd card
just trying to update :sus:

envoy cdx
20-01-14, 10:05 PM
no , its a disc , on later versions , it goes to sd card
just trying to update :sus:

Tell me more Mick, I maybe able to help :)

Does your satnav have the SD function to begin with? What Satnav unit is it?