PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on the Insignia.

edder
10-11-09, 05:25 PM
A few questions.Elite 160 nav

My tick-over seems high around 1000rpm on start-up and takes ages to lower to 850rpm,is this still too high.

Traveling in daytime in heavy rain,no auto headlights come on have to switch lights to manual.

Auto lights go off too soon,every morning just after 7am my lights switch off(its still dark) again have to switch to manual

On the DVD800 rds scrolling text stays fixed,is it suppose to scroll along in one continuous movement as my previous car did.I have tried the various options in config settings.

Which is the best way to get maximum heating,if you try auto the air conditioning light comes on, is that required for heating.

mitch1408
10-11-09, 09:42 PM
Hi mate, had my Elite Nav 160 a few weeks now so will try and help.

Tick over mine is around 850ish i think, can check on friday and make certain but not noticed it at 1000 then dropping. Will let you know though.

Auto headlights in heavy rain during the day, it all depends on light levels. Ive driven in heavy rain and they dont come on but drive down a road lined with trees and they are straight on. It depends on the light not the weather, however if I was on a motorway id switch to manual as you are doing.

Lights switching off at around 7am. I recently did an early morning drive and they didnt go off untill around 9am, agian its to do with the light levels.

Scrolling txt on the Radio. Mine doesnt scroll accross. Keep expecting it to as some stations stop halfway through a sentence but it never has, no matter what station or setting.

Finally max heat. I only ever want max heat to clear the windscreen so put set the air to the windscreen and heat to high. However when I took the demo models out on test drives (in the summer) the salesman said to hit auto and set the temp to get it to where i wanted it quickest!

Hope this helped!

Rockh
11-11-09, 06:59 PM
Mine is ticking over rather fast at approx 1000rpm at the mo, only started since the weather has gotten colder once it's warm drops back to normal levels.

Auto lights do seem to have a mind of their own.

Text scroll is rubbish, worked once in a blue moon properly, switched it off.

Just switch the air con off, it still heats and cools but you don't have the aircon / de-humidification that's all.

edder
11-11-09, 07:28 PM
Car is going the dealers tomorrow for checks.not optimistic they will do much though.

Tickover is down to engine management system and cant be altered they say.

I've started now to leave the lights on manual ,so no premature switching off or dazzling people.In the insignia brochure there are about eight beam patterns but cant say I've noticed any pattern changes when driving.I did expect auto lights when driving in the rain though.

The radio reception and quality of sound I think is poor,I have a hearing problem and cant seem to get a good balance of sound when listening to speech.