PDA

View Full Version : positive notes

Peterborough-John
13-11-09, 08:15 PM
I have had my Insignia since 28th september, done 4000 miles, happy to report no problems so far.
I understand people have had problems but in the grand scheme of things and the numbers sold, this is not a bad car.
Websites and forums tend to be a place only to report problems or ask for tips on solving things.
Please lets have some positive threads on what is in the main a good car, you can find just as many horror stories looking on a Mondeo owners site.

I am happy with mine :):)-)

Insignia Elite -nav

Fabos
13-11-09, 08:22 PM
I have had my Insignia since 28th september, done 4000 miles, happy to report no problems so far.
I understand people have had problems but in the grand scheme of things and the numbers sold, this is not a bad car.
Websites and forums tend to be a place only to report problems or ask for tips on solving things.
Please lets have some positive threads on what is in the main a good car, you can find just as many horror stories looking on a Mondeo owners site.

I am happy with mine :):)-)

Insignia Elite -nav

I think your right.
Forums are excellent places to find solutions to their problems and to vent off a bit of steam when things are going wrong.

vectraman
13-11-09, 09:08 PM
I Luv my car, "Yes" its has it faults, but so has every car I've ever bought, so yes lets write some positive notes, it was voted car of the year last year, so that must say something

svpworld
13-11-09, 09:21 PM
Good point, and so true of forums... we all like to vent problems, but forget to post about the good stuff and experiences!

Simon

chris66
14-11-09, 01:04 AM
I like the white ones with the big wheels.
there you go, a starter for 10:D

afisher
14-11-09, 08:01 AM
I think the AFL lights are amazing and the power tailgate is such an unnecessary luxury that I love it.

svpworld
14-11-09, 08:30 AM
My mum reckoned it looks like a new Bentley, and dad reckons it looks like a new Jag! I love the torque, this engine pulls like a train (160 cdti) and returns over 60 mpg.

Sportstourer
14-11-09, 11:59 AM
I love my Insignia Sportstourer 4x4 2.0 16V Petrol Turbo Elite Nav Automatic.

I took deleivery on 29th September.

Absolutely no blemishes whatsoever on delivery. Pefect Supply Dealer service (Whitmores).

I called into Ben Greig Motors my small friendly Vauxhall Service Dealer on the way home from the Supply Dealer and the whole of the workforce came out to admire and look over the car!

No issues so far apart from recently shedding wheel caps and an occasional noise on full lock when turning round, which I'm keeping my eye on. I also re-set the oil life reading (on advice) which showed 52% remaining only a few days after delivery!

MPG is a bit better than my Omega Estate 2.2 16V Petrol Leather Automatic but I am still driving carefully for the 1st 1500 miles on Supply Dealer advice. Only about 200 miles to go!

Happy42
20-11-09, 04:15 PM
Hi Folk's

What can I say !!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT :D

Best car by far I have owned, now done 15K and still drivess like new.
(Elite 4Door 2.0lt CDTi 160 Nav)

Very comfortable, smooth ride, power when needed, great grip on the roads even in the wet, AFL lights are brill etc etc etc

Cheers :):)

sofuse
20-11-09, 09:12 PM
Had my Exclusiv since March and done about 8000 miles. Most of my 50 miles a day commuting is on motorway and for this the Insignia is extremely relaxing, quiet and smooth. It's probably more at home at high speed than anything else.

Certainly one or two minor niggles, but otherwise very reliable.

stephen florida
21-11-09, 07:26 AM
So far so good, minor problem with the mirrirs not going back to position. A great looking car

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

Rockh
21-11-09, 12:12 PM
Minor issues but by far one of the best car's I've had.
Great drive, plenty of power when you put the foot down and the toys are quite decent.

chris66
21-11-09, 07:04 PM
great to see some positive comments about the Insignia's starting to come through.(-(-

Vectra-Arctic
21-11-09, 11:10 PM
great to see some positive comments about the Insignia's starting to come through.(-(-

In the minority still.

hackjo
22-11-09, 10:15 AM
We've had our 1.6 Turbo for a month now - and we love it.

Fantastic motorway cruiser - gobbles up miles in cruise control mode and you get out after an 80 mile trip feeling totally relaxed. Great.

The turbo engine really shifts the car if you floor it, but it will trundle around town at low revs making very little noise and driving smoothly. There's a few little flat spots on occasion when it changes over from non-boost to boost but otherwise it's a great engine. It makes a terrific sucking and hissing noise when you gun it, but you have to wind the windows down to hear it.

We've had no niggles, rattles or problems whatsoever. They've clearly fixed the dodgy clicking centre console in the newer cars because we don't have this problem.

A great car and many people have asked if it is a Jaguar???!?!?