PDA

View Full Version : The first 15,000 miles in my Sig

S2Digger
23-11-09, 08:32 PM
Hi Peep's

Just a quick overview of my first 15,000 in my Sig SRI Nav 160 Diesel VXR kit:-

Sat Nav don't work on post codes...also changes from miles to km's at random..... pee's me off a little :mad:

Kurb'ed 20" rim avoiding head on with white van man.... £350 per wheel ! There are now two types of paint on them (not counting VXR type) if you wish to order:- Silver & Grey inside, or all Silver.:mad:

Pot hole filled with water cost me a bulging side wall and a need to replace the tyre,:( rim was okay and undamaged by this (unlike BMW rims LOL).

Reactive headlamps brill !:D

Handling wet & dry brill ! Power off oversteer very progressive & controllable.:D

Cooled leather drivers seat brill !;)

MPG over 15k miles 41.6 MGP, top speed seen on clock 140mph ! (on private track).....very stable and still had some left... ran out of road......:eek:

Had front & rear bumpers "adjusted" due to gap between wing end and bumpers increasing in width....okay now.:(

Reverse sensors are a little slow to respond and not very loud.:(

Had rear parcel shelf replaced due to hinge dropping off, noted replacement also had strenghting bars added on both sides.:confused:

Recall's carried out on engine intake system & seat rivits none of which needed any repair. Next recall is to do with the Sat Nav system and will involve 2-3hours of down loading....maybe they are going to put post codes on it & it'll stop the miles changing km's too.....LOL

Over all it stop's, starts, goes very well and looks great... I'll take the pain of the 20" wheels in the real world cause it looks so good !:D

Happy with it, comments please any one.....

Regards

S2D

chris66
23-11-09, 08:43 PM
you sound like a happy bunny!(- great to see an honest, warts an all description. there's good and bad in every car. glad yours is mostly good.
Now the new car syndrome has passed would be great to see some Insignia owners joining in the Vodc fun, posting up in other threads to keep in touch and letting us know a bit more about yourselves and the cars too of course. loads more pics needed. :D

stephen florida
24-11-09, 06:39 AM
"Cooled leather drivers seat brill "

How dooes this work, how do you switch it on, is it only on the SRI

thanks, a great write up.

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

afisher
24-11-09, 11:57 AM
The ventilated seats are only on the SRI. Shame, the Elite could have done with that as well.

svpworld
24-11-09, 04:02 PM
Maybe I ought to try and get my parcel shelf replaced under warranty. Car wasnt new when I bought it and shelf lifts fine, but noticed one of the hinges is pulling away from the main shelf as if it is stapled on!

Loving mine too, and amazed you got 140 from it! I just luv the torque in 3rd when it accelerates up motorway slip roads.....

S2Digger
24-11-09, 08:02 PM
Hi Guy's,

Humm okay to answer questions....

Cooled seat is drivers seat ! (no other), comes as standard on leather option SRI only (its got the only trim with perforated leather to let the air out) and its two speed, great on hot days when your shirt sticks to you ! everbody else in the car misses out....LOL !;)

Parcel shelf hinges are plastic "spot" welded on many times the depth of "spot" was not deep enough to bond it to the shelf, don't think many removals of the shelf took place before it let go.:(

15,000 miles in six months ! I do about 30-35k per year .....so that's average for me.

I hit the same motorway slip road every other night on the way home. 3rd gear torque as claimed many victims during the last few months some I meet at the same time and place.... the new VW TDi Scirocco keeps having a pop at me .....and keeps loseing LOL ! Along with every Audi 2Ltr TDi that's had a go....its a scream.... :D It takes a hard driven 2.2 Mondeo ST TDi to stay with it....

Managed to get a twin can exhaust system fitted to it's Ass, by the the mob in Sheffield who did "Pimp my Ride". They have done the same type of systems for the Vectra D for some time now... it was the first one that they had done, I rolled up with the twin exit bumper trim off the Turbo and they did the rest. Excellent job highly recommended (-.... must get a picture posted.

Now I can leave two trails of black smoke when I punch it hard :D

Regards

S2D.

chris66
24-11-09, 08:07 PM
My old Cavs got the cooling seats. in fact they are bloomin freezing! just under where the roof leaks you get a lovely, cool moist feeling in your nether regions This is 23 years old too so its not new technology. :cool:;):D

S2Digger
24-11-09, 08:25 PM
Okay if I've done this right there should be a photo attached to this post that shows "a real " V6 turbo parked next to my SRi both with twin tail cans....both the same colour too....ones more polished though !

You'll guess which is which by the quality of the steel work, also one's booted & the other is a hatch...one's also got a VXR kit fitted too.....

You'll have to click on the smaller photo to enlarge, I can't seem to attach a larger photo ?

Enjoy

S2D

chris66
24-11-09, 08:31 PM
I'll have the one on the right. looks cleaner.:D Sorry in advance if its not yours:o

S2Digger
25-11-09, 12:25 PM
You guessed correctly mine's the one on the right....:)

PRO-INSIGNIA
27-11-09, 07:50 PM
Okay if I've done this right there should be a photo attached to this post that shows "a real " V6 turbo parked next to my SRi both with twin tail cans....both the same colour too....ones more polished though !

You'll guess which is which by the quality of the steel work, also one's booted & the other is a hatch...one's also got a VXR kit fitted too.....

You'll have to click on the smaller photo to enlarge, I can't seem to attach a larger photo ?

Enjoy

S2D

Exhausts look great. What do they charge for haveing that done? Would like to get mine done.

(-

S2Digger
28-11-09, 10:21 AM
"Exhausts look great. What do they charge for haveing that done? Would like to get mine done."

I went to these guy's because they were selling the complete package for the Vectra, i.e. twin can system and genuine VX lower bumper fill in with the exit for twin tail pipes @ around £350 on Ebay.... if I remember correctly.

At that time they had never done a Sig and were unaware that the rear bumper had a fill in panel like the Vectra, but they said that if I got the fill in panel & another stock exhaust mounting they would sort it within a day.

I got the fill in panel (V6 turbo) and has you would expect it was a direct replacement and a second exhaust mount (chassis already has captive threads on the rear drivers side for fitment). These cost £30 for the panel and £48 for the mount + VAT.

After some bartering with the exhaust dudes based on the cost of the parts above and their Vectra offering I ended up paying around £300 for the exhaust. I did however ask them to refit the original single can back on after they had cut the pipe by making a double female so that I can put this back to original and have a saleable twin pipe package at the end of the day.

So the overall cost was around £425. This top quality job and in this day and age to get a good job done is a blessing. The exhaust has already done 12,000 miles without issue, is made out of polished T304 stainless which will stay looking that way with little effort.

I "can" (excuse the pun):) recommend these guys......

S2D

carpetmonster
07-12-09, 03:56 PM
hello!
what was the recall about the seat rivots?? mine sometimes appears to crunch or move ever so slightly when i chuck it around a corner.

9.5k miles and 54.1 mpg in my ecoflex yeeeeaaaaah!