PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

Jamiek
01-12-09, 06:43 PM
Hello Chaps (and Chapesses)

It's now day 6 of 'siggy ownership as I picked up my 160 Ecoflex Exclusive Nav (Premium Sensory Pack & DAB) on Thur 26th Nov from Dews in Brighouse.

Delivery Mileage 12. Current mileage 609.

Good bits...

Excellent ride on structure 17's, less crashy than the 18's on the exclusive I tested earlier this year.
Did a London run at the weekend, got 45+ mpg and sitting at 80mph = 1900rpm in sixth, virtually silent. (obviously that was a typo and I mean 70mph!)
Comfortable, uber adjustable drivers seat.
Infotainment unit is FAB, excellent Sat nav, great with my ipod nano, love the extra config options on the courtesy lighting etc
Hot shot washer jets are the business!

Could do betters...

Handling is fair for a car of it's size although steering is still a bit light.
The "back" button behind the central nav dial has stuck down (but the one on the dash works fine).
It seems to be leaking slightly as each morning I come out to a couple of drops of water on the parcel shelf.
Tried to upgrade the dipped headlight bulbs at the weekend, how on earth do you change the left hand (UK nearside) bulb, the washer bottle resevoir is totally in the way - anybody managed this yet?

Overall really chuffed with it, now if only somebody can help me with my winter wheels! (see other post for more info)

Cheers

J

Rockh
01-12-09, 06:59 PM
The neck of the washer bottle should pull out, might take a little persuasion due to the rubber seal.

sofuse
01-12-09, 08:16 PM
The neck of the washer bottle should pull out, might take a little persuasion due to the rubber seal.

The neck of the washer bottle does pull out. Try pulling and twisting it slightly at the same time.
I changed the dipped beam bulbs, but there still isn't a lot of space to remove the actual bulb base in the nearside unit.
I managed to remove large areas of skin on the back of my hand in the process because the bulb holder was very stiff to turn and there were some really sharp edges on the fuse box just next to the battery cover which is in a perfect position to cut into the back of your hand. If you have a problem try putting on a leather glove to protect your hand.

afisher
01-12-09, 08:33 PM
I didn't think there were Hot Shot washers as GM removed this as they had problems with it.

mitch1408
02-12-09, 12:26 PM
I didn't think there were Hot Shot washers as GM removed this as they had problems with it.

Was going to say the same thing. Unless you got a really early model second hand I thought they stopped making it?

Jamiek
02-12-09, 01:02 PM
I may be wrong on the Hot Shot bit so scratch that.

Washer jets/wipers are good.

svpworld
02-12-09, 06:01 PM
I changed my bulbs in the Exclusiv cdti and the wound on my thumb has just about healed! Pull out the neck of the washer bottle. Cover unscrew easy enough although I had difficulties in turning the bulbs to remove them (though 2 come out easy)... worse that you must not touch the glass! I fitted Philips Extreme power for the dipped beams and Osram Nightbreakers for the high beam. Only wish though I could replace the daylight running lights/sidelights which are the odd 5/21W wedge bulbs and look a bit yellowish against the others.
Glad you like the car, the economy will improve a lot once the engine has run in. Mines done 15K and I'm getting an average from each tank of 57 mpg and over 800 miles between fill ups - thats mostly motorway miles though.

Simon

Powerod
09-12-09, 06:37 PM
I changed my bulbs in the Exclusiv cdti and the wound on my thumb has just about healed! Pull out the neck of the washer bottle. Cover unscrew easy enough although I had difficulties in turning the bulbs to remove them (though 2 come out easy)... worse that you must not touch the glass! I fitted Philips Extreme power for the dipped beams and Osram Nightbreakers for the high beam. Only wish though I could replace the daylight running lights/sidelights which are the odd 5/21W wedge bulbs and look a bit yellowish against the others.
Glad you like the car, the economy will improve a lot once the engine has run in. Mines done 15K and I'm getting an average from each tank of 57 mpg and over 800 miles between fill ups - thats mostly motorway miles though.

Simon

I have changed the daytime running lights to an extreme white bulb, I think you will find others on here have done the same.
When the dipped beam comes on the sidelights reduce in power and go bluey which is still much better than the originals.
I have also changed the dipped and main beam, and agree with the comments made, there a right pig to do. :mad:
Heres a link to where I got mine from.

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/374/0/piaa-xtreme-white-t20-double-580-large-capless-27-8w--pair-

svpworld
10-12-09, 07:23 PM
looked at these but I read somewhere that they get extremely hot and could melt the light housing, so I stayed clear. Would like to hear users experiences and whether they had to replace them back for service etc.

spida_singh
11-12-09, 07:37 PM
Well

Picked her up this morning. So far not a single running issue, everything just works, lights come on at a sensible level during afternoon hours when it starts to get dark, afl ajusts correctly accordingley, hi beam so far has not blinded anyone, engine sounds a littel too tappy for my liking, but, maybe just me as its a brand new car....can anyone advise?

I would expect a smooth note from the engine

Seats, lumber, and all interior is fine.

2 issues...boot carpet on the rear of the back seats is not aligned correctly, so you can see part of the underlay underneath the carpet.

I also have a dent in the leather on the drivers side rear seat, it should be flush/flat like all the other leather parts, its almost has if something heavy with a sharp corner has been placed in the back seat. It had 8 miles on the clock when i sat in it for the first time.

Would this be easy enough for Vauxhall to fix? I dont want to have to have it worked on if its going to come out worse than it went in.

Other than that, its only been 12 hours since ive had the car...so not much else to report apart from the grin i have ear to ear when driving. Very smooth.

I managed to get into the hidden manu using 1+6, but could not geet any further by holding down the config button...any ideas?

Another thing, the shark fin ariel, I would reeeeeeeeeeallly like it to be colour coded, but I have had mixed reports about rds and radio reception, can anyone who has done this comment on the quality of the ariel afterwards, and....where did you get it done

My dealer said he has tried it and results were as aboe, but i didnt actually get a chance to have a listen for myself.

mitch1408
11-12-09, 08:44 PM
Glad your happy with it!

Shame about the dent in the seats, mention it to the dealer so they cant blame you for it but i think if you try leaving it for a few days it might just push itself back out to its origonal positon? If not tell them you want it sorting out! ;)

Take yourself down some winding country lanes when its dark and you will be amazed at A, how bright the AFL actually is and B, the way it dips itself! Still makes me smile as im showing off to friends and family!

Amos
12-12-09, 07:29 AM
Mine is in getting the rear seat recovered it as the same.

[QUOTE=spida_singh;128184]Well

I also have a dent in the leather on the drivers side rear seat, it should be flush/flat like all the other leather parts, its almost has if something heavy with a sharp corner has been placed in the back seat. It had 8 miles on the clock when i sat in it for the first time.

Melbury
15-12-09, 01:23 PM
Hello Chaps (and Chapesses)

It's now day 6 of 'siggy ownership as I picked up my 160 Ecoflex Exclusive Nav (Premium Sensory Pack & DAB) on Thur 26th Nov from Dews in Brighouse.

Delivery Mileage 12. Current mileage 609.

Good bits...

Excellent ride on structure 17's, less crashy than the 18's on the exclusive I tested earlier this year.
Did a London run at the weekend, got 45+ mpg and sitting at 80mph = 1900rpm in sixth, virtually silent. (obviously that was a typo and I mean 70mph!)
Comfortable, uber adjustable drivers seat.
Infotainment unit is FAB, excellent Sat nav, great with my ipod nano, love the extra config options on the courtesy lighting etc
Hot shot washer jets are the business!

Could do betters...

Handling is fair for a car of it's size although steering is still a bit light.
The "back" button behind the central nav dial has stuck down (but the one on the dash works fine).
It seems to be leaking slightly as each morning I come out to a couple of drops of water on the parcel shelf.
Tried to upgrade the dipped headlight bulbs at the weekend, how on earth do you change the left hand (UK nearside) bulb, the washer bottle resevoir is totally in the way - anybody managed this yet?

Overall really chuffed with it, now if only somebody can help me with my winter wheels! (see other post for more info)

Cheers

J Fair play to all who managed to upgrade the bulbs, but I would say, unless you are prepared for some trouble you would be better to leave well alone. I believe the lights are already brighter and clearer than many other cars. The white/blue bulbs may look better to the fashion conscious !