PDA

View Full Version : Hot shot (not)

Melbury
03-12-09, 03:51 PM
Has anyone got the Hot-shot screen wash system ?
As far as I can tell it is imaginary.
The car was sold as having it but it seems it is not there.
Is this another item for the long list of disapointments?:(

mitch1408
03-12-09, 04:12 PM
As far as i know only the very early models had it but it then got ditched, I cant remember why, I think it was because there were problems with it but maybe it was a GM cost saving exercise? ;)

It was advertised in the very very first Siggy brochure but not since.

svpworld
03-12-09, 05:15 PM
how would we know if we have it? I guess the icy weather will decide.... I recall it was a safety issue because of the danger of overheating and it was withdrawn.

afisher
03-12-09, 05:46 PM
There is another Thread here with a link to the GM reason for it getting binned.

PRO-INSIGNIA
03-12-09, 11:04 PM
Hot water on an Icy screen,, good luck & make sure you have the number for a replacement firm,, i wonder how many screens are in the country??:eek:

GM had fitted hot shot to its cars in the USA for 12 months before Insignia came out here. They had a problem in the USA with units not being fused properly and catching fire.
The company that had the patent and assembled the Hot Shot unit then had to pay for GM to recall all the vehicles affected in the USA and unfortunately went bust because of this. This is why Hot Shot was ditched at the very last minute before launch.:(

sofuse
04-12-09, 07:22 AM
I like the screen wash system as it is , anyway. More of a fan-shaped jet of fine spray. It cleans really effectively, but seems to use very little fluid.

svpworld
04-12-09, 06:05 PM
mine worked perfectly this morning at -1 C.... still no little snowflake on the infotainment or mid-level dash display though!

Jamiek
04-12-09, 09:16 PM
Is this another item for the long list of disapointments?

There is no Santa Claus.

p.s. It's a Vauxhall :D

Cheers

J

afisher
04-12-09, 09:49 PM
Got to say I haven't come across any long list of disappointments with this car. I love it.

svpworld
05-12-09, 07:47 AM
me too... awesome machine

Happy42
05-12-09, 08:10 AM
Hi Folks,

I do miss the quick clear windscreen as in fords but the window does clear in a few mins @ -6 ;) (Elite Nav 2.0cdt1 160 saloon)

The fluid level does last a long time even when using to clean the AFL headlights.

Ice warning only stays on the dash for around 10secs every time it drops to 3deg' and then for every deg' below that.

Love these cars and handle well in floods and Ice :eek:

Have fun :)

mitch1408
05-12-09, 11:05 AM
I also love this car. No problems yet (apart from not getting the correct manuals!) I love the attention it gets - especially when its clean! Also love the power, gadgets and comfort on my long weekly commute!

Fantastic car!

chris66
05-12-09, 08:23 PM
I tell you now, When the Astra J its the roads, they have an awesome machine, BUILT in Ellesmere too, so lets hope it don't suffer like some of these Insignia's have.:cool::cool:(- Handles like its on rails it does.:cool::cool::D:D:D

was it today? the test drive thingy?

chris66
05-12-09, 08:26 PM
I have just posted in Astra drivers.:):p

i'll have a look see. cheers

svpworld
06-12-09, 07:34 AM
i remember the heated windscreens in fords, I always seemed to focus on those fine wires embedded in the front windscreen and it drove me mad! I dont know why manufacturers dont come up with a simple electric heater for the demister air vents in the UK, that helps till the engine warms up.

stephen florida
10-12-09, 02:03 AM
In Florida now, I have hired a Cadillac, this GM car is equiped with Hot shot. This car is very similar to the Insignia inside.

Steve
www.bookmyvilla.com