PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

para999
06-12-09, 03:35 AM
as the dealers have really messed up my car following a simple sat nav update can someone who's in the know tell me if there is a function on the tech2 they use to reset to factory settings. i'm sick of having to go back to the dealers following their mess ups ( being polite there)

envoy cdx
06-12-09, 05:48 AM
cambus aint it?

svpworld
06-12-09, 07:32 AM
when you say messed up your car following a sat nav update, what exactly have they done? Is it that the config menus for the car have been reset i.e. lighting, comfort settings etc? Or are you having serious probs?

para999
06-12-09, 01:15 PM
when you say messed up your car following a sat nav update, what exactly have they done? Is it that the config menus for the car have been reset i.e. lighting, comfort settings etc? Or are you having serious probs?

i'm having alsorts of problems firstly the brake lights and parking brake werent applying corectly ( working) then there was no audible warning the indicators were on then the drivers door mirror was folding in when adjusting it also the AFL lights arnt working correctly the offside one is lighting up the central reservation and on full beam the top of the trees on the offside are lit up a treat ( thats on a dual carriageway) the automatic wipers dont work now. thats just from memory all these things have happened since the update, they were fine before. i'm annoyed cos for a car of this price you dont expect the dealers to do a simple up date and cock up so many things.
the one thing they did say was the tech 2 kept crashing when they were doing it. don't know whether this has anything to do with it. i just want my old car back, before they got their hands on it.

Vectra-Arctic
06-12-09, 03:27 PM
i'm having alsorts of problems firstly the brake lights and parking brake werent applying corectly ( working) then there was no audible warning the indicators were on then the drivers door mirror was folding in when adjusting it also the AFL lights arnt working correctly the offside one is lighting up the central reservation and on full beam the top of the trees on the offside are lit up a treat ( thats on a dual carriageway) the automatic wipers dont work now. thats just from memory all these things have happened since the update, they were fine before. i'm annoyed cos for a car of this price you dont expect the dealers to do a simple up date and cock up so many things.
the one thing they did say was the tech 2 kept crashing when they were doing it. don't know whether this has anything to do with it. i just want my old car back, before they got their hands on it.

Contact Vauxhall Customer services directly and tell them, also tell them the Dealer can't sort it out.

jackrs
06-12-09, 05:10 PM
Sounds like they mite have repogramed the BCM for the ignition lock recall aswell.
The brake pressure switch needs relearning after programing. or things like brake lights, cruise control. electric park brake wont work properly

svpworld
06-12-09, 05:48 PM
sounds dangerous as is and I would get them to supply you with a replacement vehicle immediately and have it sorted. I wouldnt want to drive a car with a corrupted software problem, who knows what could happen!

Vectra-Arctic
06-12-09, 10:15 PM
sounds dangerous as is and I would get them to supply you with a replacement vehicle immediately and have it sorted. I wouldnt want to drive a car with a corrupted software problem, who knows what could happen!

Just as long as Microsoft didn't do the software, always crashes ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

snarf
06-12-09, 10:23 PM
Just as long as Microsoft didn't do the software, always crashes ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

PMSL.:D

Vectra-Arctic
06-12-09, 10:24 PM
If carlsberg made the Insignia,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D

(- (- (- LoL

para999
07-12-09, 02:33 AM
thanks for the replys guys yes they did do the ignition lock update at the same time and they relearnt the parking brake, so thats sorted but i then had alsorts of problems including others today like the AFL lights came on when it was lovely and sunny. can anyone tell me is there a reset to factory settings they can do. i'm taking the car to them on tuesday if anyone knows if this reset is posible i'll just ask them to do that? oh what is a canbus, or what does it do, as someones mentioned it?

svpworld
07-12-09, 10:02 AM
I'd like to know if they can reprogramme the sensitivity of the auto lights. Given there are Daylight running bulbs I find the headlights are coming on at the slightest shade (I dont have AFL).

higgsy
08-12-09, 05:26 PM
I'd like to know if they can reprogramme the sensitivity of the auto lights. Given there are Daylight running bulbs I find the headlights are coming on at the slightest shade (I dont have AFL).

i agree mine turn on for fun and stay on for ages. A few months back i went under a bridge they turned on and stayed on or the rest of the trip (about 1 hour) i had to wear sunglasses because the sun was so bright. im told they are working correctly :(