PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt Reminder

cerbera147
11-12-09, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

I have a query on the seat belt reminder. Is it meant to flash for the rear seats?

From manual:
"Seat belt reminder on rear seats.
Depending on the display,
flashes or illuminates."

On my Mazda 6 each rear seat has its own symbol; when the car started they were all red and only changed to green when the belt was fastened. The lights would then go out. If a belt was opened while in motion it would make sound and change to red.

I found this great when you have kids in the back [not young goats but children :p]

chris66
11-12-09, 08:53 AM
Hi all,

I have a query on the seat belt reminder. Is it meant to flash for the rear seats?

From manual:
"Seat belt reminder on rear seats.
Depending on the display,
flashes or illuminates."

On my Mazda 6 each rear seat has its own symbol; when the car started they were all red and only changed to green when the belt was fastened. The lights would then go out. If a belt was opened while in motion it would make sound and change to red.

I found this great when you have kids in the back [not young goats but children :p]

what does it do when you have a goat in the back?:D

Rockh
11-12-09, 10:12 AM
My elite (09) doesn't have the rear seat belt sensors. Think they were introduced later on and as said could be model dependent.

PRO-INSIGNIA
11-12-09, 11:47 AM
The rear seat belt sensors were fitted to very early cars only. If think its a way of helping it get 5 stars for NCAP safety. Now its got the 5 stars VX have taken it off to cut costs.:D

svpworld
11-12-09, 05:16 PM
I have them on my Jan 09 (58 plate) exclusiv. Basically when I start up it shows 3 red boxes. If there is someone sitting in one of the rear seat a symbol of the passenger appears in the red box respectively and it shows if they have a seat belt on. In the front there's a red light on the centre console for the passenger and one on the dash instrumentation for the driver. I dont know what happens if the rear passenger removes a belt as I havent tried it (bit difficult on my own!) but if no one sits in the rear after a few minutes the red boxes go out on the info display. I havent seen anything flash as of yet.

afisher
11-12-09, 05:48 PM
No rear warnings on my Sept 59 Elite.

2.0 vectra
11-12-09, 06:13 PM
wonder if you would need to fasten the seat belt if you had a bag of shopping on the back seat :)

cerbera147
11-12-09, 06:23 PM
The rear seat belt sensors were fitted to very early cars only. If think its a way of helping it get 5 stars for NCAP safety. Now its got the 5 stars VX have taken it off to cut costs.:D

If this is true I think it is pathetic; either have a feature or don't but don't keep the entry in the manual and the symbols on the dash :mad:

I got mine in October 2009 but some team mates received theirs last year, I may ask them.

Thanks for all the replies :D

mitch1408
11-12-09, 08:39 PM
Ive got a 59 plate elite and have 3 seatbelt signs on the dash, no idea if there is a seatbelt warning for the rear as ive never had anyone in it! ;)

Toon
12-12-09, 07:28 PM
No rear warnings on my Sept 59 Elite.

Same here, only passenger and driver seats