I thought I would make a new thread for my car, with additional pics

VXR Styling Pack
Prem Sensory pack
DVD800 Navi
Type pressure monitoring system
Xenon lights
Leather Pack

Here she is...:D

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10855_362242750404_526410404_10006495_6611950_n.jp g

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10855_362242765404_526410404_10006496_968901_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10855_362242770404_526410404_10006497_232378_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242780404_526410404_10006498_2727399_n.jp g

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242785404_526410404_10006499_7007404_n.jp g

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242790404_526410404_10006500_8192520_n.jp g

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242800404_526410404_10006501_4970419_n.jp g

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242805404_526410404_10006502_6879710_n.jp g

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10855_362242810404_526410404_10006503_797779_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10855_362242830404_526410404_10006504_187357_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10855_362242840404_526410404_10006505_7507459_n.jp g

First impressions, excellent, everything just works great.

Things to do:

Getting it detailed by Gaz from detailmyride on the 22/12/09. Full exterior, interior and engine bay.

Leather has a dent on the rear seat, so taking it in to get it loked at.

I cant seem to get to the reverse gear mirror menu to enable it, can anyone help with this?

Amos, if you read this, let me know who can colour code my arield for me, as I really want to get it done. I keep loking at yours and thinking I really want to get mine done.

I can't get into the hidden menu, I use 1+6 and get the GM parts menu, but when I hold config, nothing happens.

I have electric rear windows, how can i test if the windows close themselves when holding the close button on the key fob?

If i think of anything else I need to know I will ask....comments suggestions welcome.

Cheers!

svpworld
12-12-09, 02:54 PM
drivers seat seems to have some serious dent marks near right rear corner, is that what you meant? also is there a mark on the transmission tunnel near the passenger side? Wow those wheels are awesome and scaringly clean, would scare me that i'd kerb them though... how is the ride with the sri suspension and those massive alloys? just thinking it must be quite firm? I have ordered some gold series tailored car mats with luxury pile, will let you know what they are like when they arrive as i found the standard vaux ones wear a bit quick.

mitch1408
12-12-09, 03:12 PM
Things to do:

Getting it detailed by Gaz from detailmyride on the 22/12/09. Full exterior, interior and engine bay.

Leather has a dent on the rear seat, so taking it in to get it loked at.

I cant seem to get to the reverse gear mirror menu to enable it, can anyone help with this?

Amos, if you read this, let me know who can colour code my arield for me, as I really want to get it done. I keep loking at yours and thinking I really want to get mine done.

I can't get into the hidden menu, I use 1+6 and get the GM parts menu, but when I hold config, nothing happens.

I have electric rear windows, how can i test if the windows close themselves when holding the close button on the key fob?

If i think of anything else I need to know I will ask....comments suggestions welcome.

Cheers!

How much is your detailing costing? I quite fancy having mine done and the wifes astra too! To test if the windows shut when you hold the key fob button down, stand there and watch to see if they shut? ;)

Im not a fan of the colour coded ariel, prefer it the way it is but thats just me! Your wheels look ace and I do like it in white, probably takes too much effort to keep it clean for me though!

Very nice car!

spida_singh
12-12-09, 03:12 PM
drivers seat seems to have some serious dent marks near right rear corner, is that what you meant? also is there a mark on the transmission tunnel near the passenger side? Wow those wheels are awesome and scaringly clean, would scare me that i'd kerb them though... how is the ride with the sri suspension and those massive alloys? just thinking it must be quite firm? I have ordered some gold series tailored car mats with luxury pile, will let you know what they are like when they arrive as i found the standard vaux ones wear a bit quick.

LOL, yes, I had a heavy set of keys in my pocket, hence the dent, im not going to do that anymore. You cant see the dent in the pictures, its a lot lighter and shorter then the one on the drivers seat, but, that one doesnt come out, where as the drivers seat one did after a short time. Ill get a pic to show you guys.

Ride is very very smooth, feels a lot firmer with sport mode, but that is expected, you dont realise how big the wheel are when you step outside of the car. In the car, roadnoise is quite low.

I didnt actually ask the dealer to wash it, Gaz from detailmyride advised me not to. Ill have pics of that before and after as well :D

Im very careful with the wheels. To be honest, i only drive on motorways. Probably do the odd trip at home as i work shifts.

I have also ordered the same mats as you, they arrive on monday. :D

spida_singh
12-12-09, 03:17 PM
How much is your detailing costing? I quite fancy having mine done and the wifes astra too! To test if the windows shut when you hold the key fob button down, stand there and watch to see if they shut? ;)

Im not a fan of the colour coded ariel, prefer it the way it is but thats just me! Your wheels look ace and I do like it in white, probably takes too much effort to keep it clean for me though!

Very nice car!

Detailing is £149, lasts 6 months, and Gaz will get you discount on the stuff to wash your car with every week. Its more of a weekly rinse to keep the car in top condition. Its the new car detail protection service. 21 step wash process. In my opinion, the price is very good for what gets done, and for how long it lasts.

svpworld
12-12-09, 03:35 PM
What is the point in accessing this 1+6 hidden menu? Sorry but I haven't picked up on this one... what does it allow?

Simon

afisher
12-12-09, 05:00 PM

I take it you're kidding? Surely you open some windows then stand and hold the close button on the key fob to see if they close.

spida_singh
12-12-09, 06:23 PM
I take it you're kidding? Surely you open some windows then stand and hold the close button on the key fob to see if they close.

I was joking....it works fine, tested already :D.

spida_singh
12-12-09, 06:31 PM
This is very nice & tbh I quite like the ariel as it is, it could be a PITA if it starts getting chipped after a while.(-(- Yeah thats a grand sham bout the drivers seat & hope you get this sorted out, & can't believe the dealer didn't pick up on that during the PDi:(:( whats yoour plans for this, apart fron Infinity & ariel?:)

Im like a yo yo with the ariel. Can't make up my mind, i think i will jus leave it....but the infinity system is something I want really badly, and am still awaiting the dealer to speak to the workshop about it.

They said I couldnt add the electric mirrors as the loom would be different. I have seen a youtube video somewhere of someone retro fitting the mirros and working as per factory design.

I still can't access the hidden menus.....either way, everything is more or less set-up how I want it.

I found you get extra option by setting the car in sport or tour mode, and then accessing the config menu.

I got the fan control, auto rear demist, etc options under the comfort menu

And also the additional steering wheel and instrument illumination settings in the sports mode menu.

You can see the dent in the rear leather seats in the 10th picture down behind the drivers seat, slightly though.

If you compare it with the leather beind the passengar seat, you can see the difference. One is totally flat, one looks like its been pressed down.

spida_singh
19-12-09, 04:38 PM
I went to the dealer about a few things i noticed.

With the rear leather, they said I have 12 months warranty on it, once a few people have been in and out of the car, it should go away...ill keep a close eye on it.

The passenger door sits slightly lower then the rear passenger door when you look at the top chrome strip. About 3mm lower. The drivers side is fine and sits correctly, the chrome strip is smooth from the front to the rear. I had a look at a white vxr in the showroom, and it was exactly the same, the passenger door looked to sit slightly lower.

We checked another insignia in the workshop, again, it was lower on the passenger side. But, the lower chrome strip going across the bottom of the window was level all around, it's only the strip on the top of the door where you notice it being uneven.

So it looks like the door is correctly aligned, but, the top chrome strip does not sit right on the passenger door for some reason.

Anyone else noticed this on theirs?

I need to have my VIN number checked for any outstanding recalls.

Last thing, I have the auto rear demist function enabled in the menu, but for some reason, it does not activate, only when i physically press the rear demist button it does its job....again, can anyone confirm if this is working on theirs?

cheers

Rockh
19-12-09, 05:01 PM
Nope, auto rear demist does not appear to work on my car either.

svpworld
19-12-09, 06:10 PM
Mine has worked but it only comes on when the outside temperature is very low i.e. when you start up it melts the ice away on the rear screen.

Toon
19-12-09, 06:42 PM
My rear demist does not logically. It seems to come on as suggested above when it's cold but it has only ever come on when it's not needed and has never come on when I do need it!

spida_singh
19-12-09, 11:55 PM
Ok, I will have to test it over the next few days...without pressing the button manually...cheers...dont support you know what the minimum temp it is for it to come on?

svpworld
20-12-09, 10:54 AM
Originally I wondered if there was sensor that detects if the glass was fogged up, then I thought unlikely so the only possible feature you could have for an auto demister would be if its iced up. I just leave mine on auto and forget about it, these last few freezing mornings it comes on automatically then I just turn it off if I dont need it to thaw the glasses. Of course ideally it should have some optical sensors on the glass or humidity sensors that detect if its misted up, but that would be complicated. Its a neat touch though and on a few occasions its done the job... now why didnt they also link the front demist into the same option? :-)

afisher
20-12-09, 12:07 PM
My front demister works in the same way. There is a config option for it.

Rockh
21-12-09, 10:52 AM
Nope, auto rear demist does not appear to work on my car either.

Mine sprang into life this morning :)
Only took 10 mins for the car to clear the front and rear windows after i'd removed the excess. Far better than the vec which never seemed to manage it without assistance.

spida_singh
23-12-09, 08:54 PM
My demist has started working correctly, i think it has all the time, but i just thought it was supposed to come on when it was a bit misty. I think it has to be quite drastic for it to come on.. so all good here :D

Car detail got cancelled, re booked for sunday now, so will try and get loads of pics then, got a few new pics of it after a first minor rinse / clean.

I have made some progress on retro fitting the door mirrors, I will have more information over the next couple of weeks.

My mats and boot slip matt are now in, changes the whole look of the interior.

So far not a single fault, the leather in the rear has come out slightly, so leaving it eventually will just clear itself. Covered 1100 miles since Friday the 11th!!!

Spoke with Thorney and they should have their first stage 1 ready for the first 2 weeks in Jan.

By then the engine should have run in nicely (1500 miles was what I have been told, please correct me if I am wrong)...Smiles all around for me:D

spida_singh
23-12-09, 10:26 PM
Yeh, between 25-30 bhp, with exaust and map.....sometime mid next year, my dealer will be a TMS performance centre, thats the plan anyway, so any mods / warranty work can be done all 3 miles away from my house :D But for now, I will travel to TMS.

Am looking to get it done beginning of feb, so I will wait untill then....I know regal have a map and i recal one car having 325bhp from the A20NHT

http://regalautosport.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/insignia-2-8t-vxr-and-2-0t-software-finished/

spida_singh
02-01-10, 05:02 PM
All for info, pictures of the finished detail are now on detail my ride website:

http://www.detailmyride.co.uk/portfolio.html

My Vauxhall Insignia is on page 4 :D

snarf
02-01-10, 06:55 PM
Thats looking one hot motor,lowered 60mm and jobs a good un.:D