PDA

View Full Version : Service ESP notification?????

Powerod
13-12-09, 09:49 PM
Just pulled up on my drive and up popped a message with a spanner saying "Service ESP" and the Electronic Stability Control icon on the rev counter side stays illuminated.
Had a look through the handbook and there is nothing stated for ESP, I imagine this is something to do with the Electronic Stability Program.
Only had the car a week and done 900 miles so it looks like a visit to the VX dealers!!!!!!!!!!

mitch1408
13-12-09, 10:20 PM
The same happened to me after about 1500 miles. I booked it into the dealers the next morning but when I got in it to take it down, the warning had gone. I took it anyway and they plugged it in to their computer but it showed no errors and had no record of it showing any errors either!

Just a random glitch i think! All is ok now and not had anything since.

lewisburglin
14-12-09, 10:05 AM
I had the same after I bumped a kerb....next morning warning had gone!.lol

mitch1408
14-12-09, 05:01 PM
Just pulled up on my drive and up popped a message with a spanner saying "Service ESP" and the Electronic Stability Control icon on the rev counter side stays illuminated.
Had a look through the handbook and there is nothing stated for ESP, I imagine this is something to do with the Electronic Stability Program.
Only had the car a week and done 900 miles so it looks like a visit to the VX dealers!!!!!!!!!!

Has yours sorted itself out now too mate?

Powerod
14-12-09, 06:16 PM
Has yours sorted itself out now too mate?
Went out to the car this morning and the message didn't come up, so I didn't bother going to VX as I took yours and Lewis comments on board.

Maybe I'll pop in to VX when it suits me to get it looked at, but as you say they didn't find any reported faults so probably wasting my time...lol.
Cheers for the input chaps.(-

Melbury
15-12-09, 02:08 PM
Yes its likely a spurious signal, I had one regarding 'airbag service' at about 600mls.
On next starting it was gone never to return.
The whole software thing is a bit scary, too much to go wrong !

Rockh
15-12-09, 02:31 PM
I keep getting random service parking assist. Not sure whether it's the car telling me to wash it :)

mitch1408
15-12-09, 04:48 PM
Think we need Ctrl, Alt, del buttons on the dash :D:D

Jamiek
19-12-09, 04:21 PM
Think we need Ctrl, Alt, del buttons on the dash

I think you mean a big F5 key (refresh)!

I got the ESP service thingy too today, turned it off, took key out, fired it back up all OK.

Hmmmm!

Vectra-Arctic
19-12-09, 04:26 PM
Trust me, you wouldn't want Windows OS controlling your car !

The Windows OS 'Blue screen of death' on the dash display as your brakes automatically lockup and you hurtle over the nearest clifftop ! :eek:

rosco
20-12-09, 01:22 PM
right i got this today whilst spinning the wheels up trying to get up a hill, rang through to a friend of mine at mag corsman opel in germany and the message is flagging up the fact that you have "overloaded" the ecu that controls the traction control.

hope this helps some people.

when it happened to me i lost:

electric handbrake, abs, traction control, esp, servo assisted brake and power steering got alot heavier. After turning off the car allowing it to cool, then trying it again messages were gone and services were restored.

xxxxxx shonky insignia my mk2 cav would of breezed up the hill

after swit

svpworld
27-12-09, 06:21 AM
My vectra though did the same in snow, I tried putting my foot down when getting up a snow drive (I couldn't turn the traction control off on the vectra) and soon it began to smell very hot from the front, like clutch fluid smell... probably similar to what you experienced only on the insignia the esp protected the car from overheating the systems.... did you try and turn off the traction control and/or esp before spinning the wheels? You need to!