PDA

View Full Version : GPS not working

afisher
16-12-09, 08:44 PM
Went into 1+6 menu and turned on Auto Show mode then went back in and turned it off. Since then the Sat Nav hasn't picked up my location and shows no satellites in the Info section. I tried removing the map data and reinstalling it but no luck.
Anyone got any ideas to get this working again. If I have no luck tomorrow then it's back to the dealer.

PRO-INSIGNIA
17-12-09, 02:12 PM
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 min before taking back to dealer

afisher
21-12-09, 12:39 PM
Went back to dealer on Friday after being told to pop in so they could take a look. After waiting 15 minutes they said the one laptop they had that could diagnose it was in use for the next 90 minutes plus there was an additional recall notice on the car so I would be looking at nearly 3 hours. I had stuff to do so said I'd come back on Monday.

After going in first thing this morning and waiting 3 1/2 hours for it it still doesn't xxxxxx work. I phoned them up when I got home and they said to book it in to get it fixed. No sympathy for the fact I'd just wasted 4 hours of my day off doing just that and no chance of a courtesy car never mind the fact they are on an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere.

They also seem to have done a software update as the auto lights tunnel detection is a lot more accurate going off immediately after coming out of a tunnel. Unfortunately if you drive under a bridge slowly it also comes on and off quite quickly possibly giving the driver in front the impression I'm flashing him.

afisher
26-02-10, 02:04 PM
Turns out it needed an entirely new Sat Nav / Stereo unit. Took 8 weeks to get the part in and that was only after I contacted Vauxhall directly and arranged for them to remove a new unit from the production line so it could go in my car.

The dealer said it was one of the most expensive parts they have ever had to fit at around 2k and wasn't I glad I didn't have to pay for it. No kidding.

Bit of wrangling with the dealer about courtesy cars etc... but after complaining to the dealer and copying in their head quarters and Vauxhall HQ they have arranged to pick up and return my car to me at work.

Goes in this Wednesday so will keep you posted.

mitch1408
26-02-10, 05:14 PM
Wow, didn't know you were still having probs with this! 2k for the satnav isn't cheap though! Glad your not paying!

afisher
26-02-10, 07:39 PM
Me too. Only missed it a couple of times over the Winter but will need it more shortly.

afisher
03-03-10, 09:40 PM
New Sat Nav installed today and fully working. Finally.

mitch1408
04-03-10, 08:32 AM
Glad it's sorted, did they offer any compensation or anything for the delay?

afisher
04-03-10, 12:49 PM
No compensation or anything. You would have at least thought they would have supplied me with a cheap portable one for the duration mine wasn't working but absolutely nothing at all.
The dealer was more than useless until I sent my various complaints letters then they couldn't do enough to help. Makes you wonder why they can't give you that sort of service from the off.
Must be less hassle giving proper customer service than having to explain to their superiors why they didn't in the first place. I mean I had phone calls from the Service Dept Manager, Sales Manager and Service desk as well as two letters from the main Customer Service team the day after I sent my complaint just to get the service I asked for in the first place.