PDA

View Full Version : SRi Nav estate

simonrh
17-12-09, 01:59 PM
New car arrived today, can't actually use it yet until end of day but will have to get to know it in the dark for now.

Had 10 min spin around block, everything still working so far!

chris66
17-12-09, 02:01 PM
New car arrived today, can't actually use it yet until end of day but will have to get to know it in the dark for now.

Had 10 min spin around block, everything still working so far!

10 mins of trouble free motoring. Well done Sir;)
Look forward to seeing a pic or two of this. Like the estates. Colour?

simonrh
17-12-09, 02:03 PM
Tested all the colours in my head first and went with Technical Grey, not necessarily a "funky" choice but it does look uber cool sat on the 18in rims.
Will get it clean again and get wife's digital SLR off her for photos tomorrow.

PRO-INSIGNIA
17-12-09, 02:06 PM
SPORTS TOURER sounds alot better than ESTATE.
Hope you like it!

chris66
17-12-09, 02:10 PM
Tested all the colours in my head first and went with Technical Grey, not necessarily a "funky" choice but it does look uber cool sat on the 18in rims.
Will get it clean again and get wife's digital SLR off her for photos tomorrow.

As i said. i think the Estate is the better looking of the two and they always look good in the darker colours. :cool: Good luck with it mate and hope you get years of trouble free motoring. Will look out for the pics.:D

simonrh
17-12-09, 03:21 PM
Sports Tourer > Estate? Spade > Shovel?

Definitely a nice looking car, instrument panel looks pretty glam in the dark on SRi too.

chris66
17-12-09, 03:40 PM
've been driving the cavalier for the past couple of weeks so the dash in yours would look like the Starship Enterprise in comparison. Amazing how much things have changed. When you think of it, yours is just a new shape Cavalier. I wonder if the dash would fit:confused::D

simonrh
17-12-09, 03:42 PM
it is really hard to equate the high end feel that the 'sig seems to have with the VX cars I am used from when I were a lad (I guess this goes for all modern car manufacturers). The Leon FR I had until Monday this week is nothing like as Bling.

Just summoning up the courage to rip the back off and fit a towbar over christmas to pull my motorbike trailer with.

chris66
17-12-09, 03:51 PM
it is really hard to equate the high end feel that the 'sig seems to have with the VX cars I am used from when I were a lad (I guess this goes for all modern car manufacturers). The Leon FR I had until Monday this week is nothing like as Bling.

Just summoning up the courage to rip the back off and fit a towbar over christmas to pull my motorbike trailer with.

Its when you park a car from Back in the day next to a modern car. The old Cav looks tiny in comparison. Looks lost in the works car park. Was next to a 59 plate passat last week and you couldn't see the poor thing. Need to start putting steroids in its oil. Don't watch the fitting of the towbar. You'll cry!

simonrh
17-12-09, 03:57 PM
DIY towbar. Measure 5 times, cut once.

Had a MK2 Golf Gti a few years ago and my Wife had current model focus, it absolutely dwarfed it.

You could get the golf down our drive at the side of the house at a squeeze but you couldn't get the focus anywhere near.

I have sails to move in the Insignia which are something like 2.3m long and they actually lay completely flat on the floor, even in the hatchback.

chris66
17-12-09, 04:02 PM
DIY towbar. Measure 5 times, cut once.

Had a MK2 Golf Gti a few years ago and my Wife had current model focus, it absolutely dwarfed it.

You could get the golf down our drive at the side of the house at a squeeze but you couldn't get the focus anywhere near.

I have sails to move in the Insignia which are something like 2.3m long and they actually lay completely flat on the floor, even in the hatchback.

I get any more water in the Cav and i might need a set of those sails off you. Do a James May:D A brave man taking on the towbar. I was going to do mine on the Shogun but had a vision of the caravan overtaking me on the motorway

simonrh
17-12-09, 04:09 PM
Read the instructions on the westfalia and Witter websites and the modern kits look pretty self-explanatory.

Been messing with cars and bikes for years so it shouldn't be the scariest thing. other than cutting a hole through my nice new bumper.

chris66
17-12-09, 04:22 PM
Read the instructions on the westfalia and Witter websites and the modern kits look pretty self-explanatory.

Been messing with cars and bikes for years so it shouldn't be the scariest thing. other than cutting a hole through my nice new bumper.

:eek::eek::eek:

simonrh
17-12-09, 04:23 PM
They give you a nice 1:1 template to trace round?

How hard can it be :D

chris66
17-12-09, 04:26 PM
They give you a nice 1:1 template to trace round?

How hard can it be :D

Or another way to look at it, Whats the worst that can happen. :rolleyes:

simonrh
17-12-09, 04:29 PM
I'll get a price from VX for a new technical grey estate bumper then.

chris66
17-12-09, 08:05 PM
I'll get a price from VX for a new technical grey estate bumper then.

Think positive! Some cataloy and a can of spray paint will sort it out. :D

simonrh
17-12-09, 08:18 PM
Think positive! Some cataloy and a can of spray paint will sort it out. :D

Sounds a bit high tech. I am sure there must be technical grey gaffer tape.

If it moves and it shouldn't, gaffer tape. If it doesn't move and it should WD40. Sorted.

SimonIG10
20-12-09, 06:53 AM
Hi, I have had my towbar on my Tourer for some time now. Had it fitted by Indespension. It is a Witter removable one and it fits into a socket from below so once removed there are no visible holes. Even the electrical socket swings up out of the way. The only thing that was a bit odd was when the guy gave me a huge aluminium lump from the inside of my bumper back to me. The kit obviously takes the place of this and provides the strength. I still have it waiting for the price of Ally to go up!
The fitter took some time to install but is a good instalation and I have had no problems.