PDA

View Full Version : Car wont lock - help!

mitch1408
19-12-09, 09:56 PM
just finished a long drive, parked up, emptied the car and tried to lock it. On the first press me the remote the indicators flash, second push slightly longer flash and the mirrors fold in as normal. But the doors arnt locking! They arnt making that lock sound and when i pull the door it opens and the alarm goes off. All the doors are shut properly and ive checked fuse 1in the boot which seems to be the only one relating to central lockin. Anyone any ideas whats up! And no im not telling where im parked lol

svpworld
19-12-09, 10:00 PM
usually it wont lock if something isnt completely closed proper... there is an option in the config menus to disable this feature I believe. Can you lock it with the key?

mitch1408
19-12-09, 10:12 PM
yes but it locks only the door the key is in. Had to lock every door individually by pressing the button on the inside of each door. So its secure but not right!

Vectra-Arctic
19-12-09, 10:18 PM
What a car :eek:

mitch1408
19-12-09, 10:38 PM
Have you tried "sync-ing" the key mate? open & shut every door to make sure first.;) ive opened and shut every door inc the bonnet already, how do i sync the key?

joemailey
19-12-09, 11:02 PM
Hope you get it fixed mate, it doesn't sound good.

kevinfourlegs
19-12-09, 11:13 PM
There is another solution, buy a car like mine. Its 17 years old and it locks/alarms and unlocks/disarms like the day it left the factory in Russelheim.

Seriously its not on. I remember Renaults having probkems with their blip fobs. Most of the time it was the transponder in the roof near the rear view mirror. Or the printed circuit went t*ts up. Been called out a few times to stranded folk.

mitch1408
20-12-09, 09:23 AM
Well. Went out this morning to sync the key pressed open just to see what happened and it opened properly! Pressed lock and it locked properly! Its still defo going to the garage as i cant trust it will lock properly now! Just listen to your car when you lock it to make sure you can hear the mechanical lock! dont want any insignias getting nicked!

mitch1408
20-12-09, 10:18 AM
im away from home at the moment so couldnt try but didnt think about it either tbh. Will bear it in mind should happen again!

svpworld
20-12-09, 10:50 AM
i liked the new corsa as it didnt have door pins to unlock, looks better and noone knows its locked or not if you forget! Even so the engine security systems in the insignia are top notch, and hopefully the alarm is still engaged even if they didnt lock.