Rear Brakes – Score Marks on Brake Disc

Vehicles:
Insignia 2009-2010 All Engines

Complaint:
Score marks on rear brake discs.

Cause:
Defective brake pads.

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint the brake pads and brake discs can be replaced.
Note: Scoring has no impact on braking performance.

Technical Service Bulletin
Ref. Number 09-FR-49
TIS/TSB Ref. Number E0002540
Group A-10
Release Date 04/09/2009

Door Sill - Water Accumulation

Vehicles:
Insignia 2009-Onwards
Insignia Sports Tourer 2009-Onwards
All Engines

Complaint:
Water accumulates in sill area of front and rear doors.

Cause:
Poor fit of sealing clips allows water entry.
Production
Modified weatherstrip in production as of VIN WOLGM67C191115427.

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint apply additional drain holes (diameter 5 mm) into weatherstrip
Check in door below window glass if the weatherstrip clips are tight. If the weatherstrip clips are loose or can be pulled out easily, replace the clips.

Service Update:

09-P-034 Insignia - Ignition Lock

Constant quality controls revealed that on a certain number of Insignia, MY 2009, the ignition key might stick and does not return into 'run' position. After 15 seconds the "Transport mode" becomes activated and the battery charging telltale flashes.
We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to grease the ignition lock and program the Body Control Module (BCM) on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

Customer Satisfaction Programme:

09-R-040 Insignia - A20DTx Diesel Particulate Filter

Constant quality controls revealed that on a certain number of Insignia models with the A20DTx engine MY 2009-2010, could be affected by engine hesitation or noise from the exhaust system. In the worst case a thermal overload and subsequent destruction of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is possible.

We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to programme the Engine Control Module (ECM) with the modified software on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

To assist with engine and transmission identification for SPS programming refer to VIN file columns “F” engine and “G” transmission for the correct codes.

Insignia 2009-Onwards - Engines A16XER, A18XER
Knocking Noise After Cold Start
Customer complains of a knocking noise after cold start. This noise appears sporadically after cold start
and when the engine switched off for a long period of time.
This is due to the camshaft position actuator activation starting too early before the necessary oil
pressure is reached.
In case of customer complaint please program engine ECU with modified software.
Software will be available as of 11th of May 2009, TIS2Web 5.5.
TIS Reference Number: E0002487

That's all I can find so far, I'll update it if I find anymore.

jackrs
14-05-10, 08:56 PM

mitch1408
14-05-10, 10:53 PM
I think thanks is in order to you! ;-)

you got ant more recent ones?

jackrs
15-05-10, 10:09 AM
Will this do:D

Insignia, Astra-J 2010 – A16LET Engines

Engine Jerking in 1st and 2nd Gear, Sometimes P0234 and/or P16F3 Set in ECU
Customer complains of engine jerking during tip in / let off in 1st and 2nd gear. Sometimes SVS also illuminates and trouble code P0234 and/or P16F3 are stored in ECU. Customer may also complain of a shift flare during downshift.

This is caused by a software weakness.
In case of customer complaint program the ECU with the latest software version available on TIS2Web since December 2009 and May 2010 for Astra-J and May 2010 for Insignia.
The updated software has been introduced in production as of December 2009/May 2010 for Astra-J and May 2010 for Insignia.

Insignia 2009-2010 – All Engines
DVD 800 Navi / CD 500 Navi - Malfunction
Customer may complain of one or more of the following complaints:

1. TMC traffic announcements cannot be deactivated, even when navigation is not active.

2. iPod functionality from iPhone inoperative since software update from Service Update 09-P-023.

3. Intermittent loss of chime / acoustic signal from indicators and UPA / Park Pilot but radio functions normally. After power down (key off) the system works OK.

This is caused by a software weakness in the radio/navigation system.
Improved software has been introduced in production as of the following VINs:
DVD 800 W0LGT5EM8A1034214 23rd October 2009
CD 500 W0LGT5EM8A1034146 23rd October 2009
In case of customer complaint a software update via CD (Version 2010/1.0) has to be carried out.
For programming procedure please refer to description given with Service Update 09-P-023.

Note: Vehicles which have not been reworked in course of Service Update 09-P-023 should directly be programmed with CD software update version 2010/1.0.

Insignia VXR/OPC – A28NER Engine
Front Brakes – Judder and Vibration
Customer complains of judder and vibration of the steering wheel when braking.
This is caused by seized brake pads.
In case of customer complaint the free movement of the brake pads has to be checked.
If a sticking condition of the brake pads is found the brake pads should be removed. Clean the lateral guide and side surfaces of the brake pads with a suitable tool.
Lubricate the lateral guides with special lubricant (details below).
Note: Make sure that the friction surface is not contaminated with the special lubricant
A replacement of the brake discs or brake pads is only necessary if the “Disc Maximum Allowable Assembled Lateral Run-out – with Wheel Attached” is exceeded (see TIS2Web info) and steering wheel vibrations or brake juddering is detected.

Spare Parts: Part No.: Special lubricant 9163321

Insignia 2009-Onwards – A20DTH/J Engines

AF40 Transmission – Growling Noise Between 1500-1800 rpm in 4th, 5thand 6th Gear

Customer complains of a growling noise between 1500 and 1800 rpm in 4th, 5th and 6th gear.

This is due to vibrations in the drivetrain caused by hardware impact and poor software.

In case of customer complaint please program the transmission control module (TCM) with improved software.

Improved software has been implemented in production as of VIN W0LGT8EMXA1047000 (3rd December 2009)

Revised transmission software for MY 2010 vehicles is now available.
Revised transmission software for MY 2009 vehicles will be available as of 25th January 2010 via TIS2Web.

Astra-J, Insignia 2010 – A16LET, A16XER, A18XER Engines

SVS Illuminates – P0597 Stored

Customer complains SVS light illuminates. In some cases the cooling fan runs permanently. P0597 is stored in the engine control module.

This is caused by poor contact of the heating element of the thermostat.
In case of customer please replace the thermostat housing:

Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) - High Beam Switches into Low Beam Mode Too Late

Vehicles:
Insignia 2009-Onwards All Engines

Vehicles with Adaptive Forward Lighting (RPO Code TT2 without TQ5)

Complaint:
Customer complains high beam switches into low beam mode too late when high beam assistant is activated.

Cause:
This is caused by a software weakness.
Production:
New software has been introduced in production as of February 2009.

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint reprogram the HBSM with new software as of TIS2Web release 3.5 (16.03.09).
Note: This bulletin is not valid for vehicles with option TQ5 (HBSM is not available in this case).

Note: Trucks will only be recognised when their headlights are in the range of the camera area. If the headlights of the oncoming truck are below the centre barrier the boundary illumination of the truck cabin is not recognised by the camera.

Insignia 2009-2010 – All Engines
Seat Heating – Inoperative

Note: Only vehicles with leather or partial leather seats are affected.
Customer complains that driver seat heater stops after a few seconds. Trouble codes B2425/0D and B2430/0D may be set.

This is caused by insufficient routing of the seat heater wire from the seat cushion to the flange (design fault).

Improved seat heating mats with a new design have been introduced in production as of VIN W0LGT5EM5A1052930 (6th January 2010).

In case of customer complaint replace the seat heating mat with the improved version.
Spare Parts: Part No.Seat heating mat 20944820

Centre Console – Noises

Vehicles:
Insignia 2009-Onwards
All Engines with Automatic Transmission

Complaint:
Noises in the area of centre console.

Cause:
Vibrations / Movements in the area of centre console.

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint parts of the centre console and the dash board have to be removed and damping material has to be applied.

1971Viva
15-05-10, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the list. Unfortunately it just confirms that it is not just me that has been unlucky with the number of faults that my Insignia has had. I was almost being accused of being paranoid about the car :o
Still think it is a great machine.

a15htn
19-06-10, 11:42 AM
Technical Service Bulletin

Customer Satisfaction Programme:

09-R-040 Insignia - A20DTx Diesel Particulate Filter

Constant quality controls revealed that on a certain number of Insignia models with the A20DTx engine MY 2009-2010, could be affected by engine hesitation or noise from the exhaust system. In the worst case a thermal overload and subsequent destruction of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is possible.

We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to programme the Engine Control Module (ECM) with the modified software on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

To assist with engine and transmission identification for SPS programming refer to VIN file columns “F” engine and “G” transmission for the correct codes.

Both a collegue and I have had this done - now both of us have hesitation when pulling away!!!!
Both cars been to garage (same useless garage in Banbury) and have had No Fault Found as a result...... anyone got any ideas ???????

Maybe the two of us just can't drive eh???:mad:

Jim

grhmeh
16-09-10, 01:36 PM
Just had my first service on my 2lt 160 on the job card was recall 10-p-001, any idea what this was for.

jackrs
16-09-10, 05:33 PM
Service Update: 10-P-001 Insignia ? Rear Quarter Panel

Constant quality controls revealed that on a certain number of Insignia, MY 2009-2010, a chafe condition between rear bumper and rear quarter panel might cause paint chipping.

We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to check the clearance between rear bumper and rear quarter panel and if necessary install self-adhesive spacer to ensure a minimum distance of 0.7 mm between bumper and rear quarter panel on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

icemann3016
16-09-10, 09:36 PM
Both a collegue and I have had this done - now both of us have hesitation when pulling away!!!!
Both cars been to garage (same useless garage in Banbury) and have had No Fault Found as a result...... anyone got any ideas ???????

Maybe the two of us just can't drive eh???:mad:

Jim

I am also not happy with the work of my engine after this update.

jackrs
16-10-10, 10:45 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9110/info1i.jpg

essixash
18-10-10, 08:00 AM
My one went back in for the rear quarter thing and for the particulate filter recall, there was another one aswell but cant think what it was now, also just been recalled due to a software issue that drains the battery??? what next???

Mark S
18-10-10, 08:19 AM
Just had that computer update for the body system recently?

mitch1408
19-10-10, 08:21 PM
Mine had that done today while in for a service.