PDA

View Full Version : Zafira Lamda Sensors

Land-Barge
06-02-11, 10:51 AM
Hi all, just a quick question, there are 2 Oxygen sensors on my sisters 1999 1.6 Zafira, one before the cat and one after, are they both the same? A fault has flashed up on the First one and wanted to see if i could swap them over (to see if the fault flashes up for the second one)

cheers

Gray

2.0 vectra
06-02-11, 10:53 AM
what is the fault ??
problem is that I wouldn't be risking taking lambda sensors out when they are working ok .

ct58
06-02-11, 01:00 PM
had a problem with mine that turned out to be wireing round back of engine chaffed on block

Land-Barge
06-02-11, 05:44 PM
The code flashing up on the pedal test is 0130, a look on the internet reveals:

P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-30
P0130 O2 Sensor 1 Circuit Voltage Low C-30
P0130 O2 Sensor 1 Open Circuit C-30
P0130 O2 Sensor 1 Incorrect Signal C-30

Car still runs fine although the engine light is on (grrrrrrrrr) checked wiring and all appears ok so can only suspect the sensor has gone

Had a similar fault with my carlton which turned out to be the lambda sensor

2.0 vectra
06-02-11, 05:46 PM
has nobody local got opcom to plug it in ??
live data can reveal a lot more than a fault code , dying maf can even cause a fault code for lambda sensor , taking a gamble chucking parts at a car is not the best option .

Land-Barge
06-02-11, 06:29 PM
has nobody local got opcom to plug it in ??
live data can reveal a lot more than a fault code , dying maf can even cause a fault code for lambda sensor.

Whats opcom :confused: a mechanic friend of mine has a code reader which ive previously used to identify/clear fault codes, dont want to take the mick by keep asking him to read it

taking a gamble chucking parts at a car is not the best option

This is why i want to swap the sensors over, to see if it throws up the fault code for the second sensor (after the cat)

2.0 vectra
06-02-11, 10:35 PM
problem with moving lambda sensors about is that they quite often don't want to come out & can end up taking the threads with them .

Land-Barge
08-02-11, 07:17 PM
A bad earth can throw up a dodgy code,, get these cleaned up as its a cheap & easy optiion, then go from there.(-

Cheers I will try this option first (it's free). Are they easy to locate ???

Land-Barge
08-02-11, 07:21 PM
problem with moving lambda sensors about is that they quite often don't want to come out & can end up taking the threads with them .

Luckily I removed both lambdas without trouble last month when I had to replace the cat :)