14-08-11, 07:51 PM
i have just brought a w reg zafira ,the airbag light is on ,how can i reset it
thanks steve

stevemc
24-08-11, 05:40 PM
just been reading about the pedal trick ,would this work on it

stevemc
24-08-11, 06:18 PM
or the op com readers on ebay for about £30 ?? i hate having to get a dealer to rip me off

Damian DTi
24-08-11, 06:18 PM
pedal trick doesn't work on the airbag ecu, as it is on a completely different system. Some Vauxhall's still use the old paperclip trick, but again that won't work.

The only way to find out what the cause of the light being on is to plug it in. As already been suggested, OP-Com is a cheap way of doing it. Or you could take it to your local stealer, who will happily relieve you of at least £40 for 2 minutes work. Most garages or mobile mechanics/ auto electrician should be able to do it for a few £

Victorbox
24-08-11, 06:58 PM
Have a look at wiring under seats and check connections are tight.

stevemc
25-08-11, 06:47 AM
i have spoke to someone on ebay ,they say thier tool will do this and reprogram the remote key and everything else ,£31 inc delivery ,

ihate paying anyone to fix my cars ,maybe its because i repair london buses for a living and dont trust anyone :sus:

Damian DTi
25-08-11, 08:39 AM
Op-com is the best way, but if your like me i wouldn't know wht to look at with it.
Fortunately for me someone i know read mine & found its the part behind the airbag(name of it i escapes me atm) on mine that needs swapping, that could be all you need but again it maybe the seat, not sure if the pretensioners going off wil show on the system.:yo:

The item in question would be the squib. Also known as the contact pad