PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Sat nav

duncrieviedude
23-01-09, 10:03 AM
Hello All
Posted a question a couple of days ago about Insignia Sat nav and postcodes. Just got delivery of new car, loaded the disc, everything works but definately no obvious way of putting in a postcode and nothing in the instructions either mentions postcodes. This seems very poor, I am very disappointed, but otherwise the car is lovely.

guinney1971
23-01-09, 11:37 AM
shame on the dealer for not giving you a proper handover and showing you
how it works!!!

That is very poor service indeed, and even worse considering Insignia is their new flagship all singing and dancing model.

duncrieviedude
23-01-09, 11:40 AM
Thanks Mitch

I've sussed it!!!!

Had a brainwave and it worked. When the screen asks for a city you can scrool through and enter the 1st 2 alpha characters of the postcode and then the numbers appear on the screen to allow the next part of the postcode. Yippee.........

The handbook is useless. There is no mention at all of this facility. Can't wait to the guy to collect my Passat then I can take it for a spin

Thanks all for your input, will post pics tomorrow hopefully

Duncrieviedude:D

nrg
15-03-09, 09:27 AM
When the guy got the car did he get a manual for the DVD 800 Nav?

Happy42
16-03-09, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

came across the following when looking for info on the Insignia's sat nav system :

http://www.bosch-presse.de/TBWebDB/en-US/PressText.cfm?CFID=899937&CFTOKEN=5debd44473411a1-E2CBC330-E6AB-B5A0-167765D36BE6DE08&Search=1&id=3787

Cheers

vauxvet
03-04-09, 02:16 PM
Thanks Mitch

I've sussed it!!!!

Had a brainwave and it worked. When the screen asks for a city you can scrool through and enter the 1st 2 alpha characters of the postcode and then the numbers appear on the screen to allow the next part of the postcode. Yippee.........

The handbook is useless. There is no mention at all of this facility. Can't wait to the guy to collect my Passat then I can take it for a spin

Thanks all for your input, will post pics tomorrow hopefully

Duncrieviedude:D

Hi can you input a full 7 digit post code into it then?

martin99
24-05-09, 09:41 AM
Can't change the voice :mad:

She is beginning to be annoying :(

Its that bad thinking of giving the wife the maps again :eek:

Herdwig
25-05-09, 08:07 AM
I picked my Insignia up on Saturday and I checked through the manuals etc and noticed that there wasn't one for the Sat Nav and pointed it out to the dealer showing the one I had for the Vectra that I'd just p/x'd. He said they didn't produce one as far as he was aware but he would check and get back to me. He did show me how to use it by entering in the post code in to the city section and it all looks pretty straightforward. What foxed me yesterday though was when I went to put in a CD and found that it wouldn't go in because the Sat Nav DVD was already in the slot. I think through the link below to Bosch it explains that I should be able to take out the Nav disc and the system will still work using internal flash memory. I'll give it a go this morning and let you know if it works.

vauxvet
25-05-09, 12:52 PM
I picked my Insignia up on Saturday and I checked through the manuals etc and noticed that there wasn't one for the Sat Nav and pointed it out to the dealer showing the one I had for the Vectra that I'd just p/x'd. He said they didn't produce one as far as he was aware but he would check and get back to me. He did show me how to use it by entering in the post code in to the city section and it all looks pretty straightforward. What foxed me yesterday though was when I went to put in a CD and found that it wouldn't go in because the Sat Nav DVD was already in the slot. I think through the link below to Bosch it explains that I should be able to take out the Nav disc and the system will still work using internal flash memory. I'll give it a go this morning and let you know if it works.

I had a manual, it says on the front, Vauxhall Infotaniment CD500 /DVD800, so they do one, don't get fobbed off by the dealer saying they don't, Yes you can use the sat nav without the disk in

martin99
25-05-09, 01:08 PM
I can't understand why the dealers haven't assisted more buyers by installing the disk etc and been a bit more helpful :mad:

When I went thro' everything found 2 Sat Nav manuals :confused:

Happy42
25-05-09, 05:55 PM
Yip, I got a manual with mine, a link to a pdf copy is around on one of the threads.

Go to your options within the Sat Nav and you can download maps onto the internal memory, this way it's faster and leaves the slot free for music cd's.

Cheers :)

Herdwig
25-05-09, 07:56 PM
Great. The dealer said he was going to call me sometime next week to see if everything was okay so I'm going to keep on about his until I get it. I'll send him an email as well just to make sure.

Thanks for replys.

Herdwig
25-05-09, 08:34 PM
Just downloaded the GB map and it works from the internal flash memory allowing me to insert a CD. Thank god for the ability to access info from the net.

martin99
25-05-09, 08:44 PM
I still think the dealer should really be on this and trying to get you sorted. Preferably he should jump into his free supplied car drive to yours and sort your issues out.

It makes me so mad when they are claiming poverty and treat people like that :mad:

martin99
25-05-09, 08:45 PM
BTW has anybody found a way to change the voice or is that it :eek:

Herdwig
25-05-09, 09:07 PM
I haven't seen anything to suggest you can change the voice. In the Vectra's Sat Nav system I was able to change it so it seems a bit strange that you shouldn't be able to in the Insignia's!!

Happy42
26-05-09, 04:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Herdwig - glad you got your maps downloaded :D

Martin99 - Haven't come across anyway of changing the voice, apart from turning it down ;)

Doesn't look like you can add your own poi's etheir unless anyone has found a way?

It's a shame the Dealers let us down once they've got their hands on our money !!

Good luck (-

martin99
26-05-09, 07:13 PM
"Martin99 - Haven't come across anyway of changing the voice, apart from turning it down

Thanks for that - yes spent most of my spare time today trying to find a way but no luck. I suppose I will have to live with it.:(

Herdwig
29-05-09, 08:35 AM
I emailed the dealer (got no reply) but I did also make contact with Vauxhall via their website and asked for the manual. A guy from Vauxhall called back next day regarding my request and confirmed that the manual is now on order from my dealer.

Herdy

martin99
29-05-09, 01:03 PM
emailed the dealer (got no reply) but I did also make contact with Vauxhall via their website and asked for the manual. A guy from Vauxhall called back next day regarding my request and confirmed that the manual is now on order from my dealer.

I hope you are going to give the dealer some stick over this - he could have told you :mad:

icemann3016
02-06-09, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

I wondered... anyone of you tried to play videos on the DVD800 Navi? Is it capable for such things? I`m waiting for my car to arrive soon but i`m eager to know everything in advance.

Cheers:D

Happy42
03-06-09, 04:36 PM
Hi Iceman :)

Unfortunatley No, they have either disabled the function and it doesn't appear as an option or just doesn't play dvd's :confused:

Spoilsports :( although I can see the safety side of why it doesn't

icemann3016
04-06-09, 08:02 AM
Hi Iceman :)

Unfortunatley No, they have either disabled the function and it doesn't appear as an option or just doesn't play dvd's :confused:

Spoilsports :( although I can see the safety side of why it doesn't

Another question then... I`ve heard it is Windows Mobile based. If so, it won`t be difficult to unlock. As you say it doesn`t play dvd movies, do you mean that it can`t play divx/xvid/mp4 also?

Happy42
05-06-09, 02:44 PM
Hi,

Afraid so, mp4 files are not recognised. :mad:

MP3 / WMA files only - I had to reload a number of songs to Mp3 format on my mem' stick.

Herdwig
12-06-09, 12:57 PM
Just been told by my other half that the correct Sat Nav manual has arrived from the dealer. It was a bit inconvenient but not worth giving him any stick for it as they've now corrected the situation even if I had to push for it.

One thing I've noticed with the DVD screen when showing the birdseye view is that there is faded out strip (it's a dark strip like dark clouds when it's night-time) near the top section of the screen. Is this intentional to look like a cloudy horizon of sorts or do I have a duff screen? I'll check the manual when I get home but has anyone else experience this?

Happy42
12-06-09, 07:54 PM
Hi Mate,

Yip it's normal :) I use the 3d view and have the clouds for daylight and stars for nightime :rolleyes:

icemann3016
14-06-09, 06:16 AM
I`ve tested on my own with EVERY signle video format possible. No! It cant play :( I find this a bit stupid... actually a lot stupid. By the way i have dark clouds for night not stars, i think stars would be cooler.

icemann3016
25-06-09, 09:48 PM
Can anyone tell me is the DVD90 Navi and DVD800 equal on map usage?The DVD90 is fitted in Vec C, Zafira B, Astra H and i think Corsa D.