PDA

View Full Version : Delay on New Insignia

Happy42
06-03-09, 05:14 PM
Hi All,

After ordering my new Insignia on the 1st Feb, have just been told by dealer my delivery date - 7th June !!!!

4 Months to wait for a standard production car!

All I asked for was the factory fit bluetooth handsfree kit to be included as part of the deal, this could be what is causing the delay so I'm told, along with the factory on a 4 day week and waiting untill they get a batch of cars with the same options before they build it !!

I'm speechless to say the least :(:(

Dealer is looking into some other options and hopes to have an update later next week.

Car ordered was Insignia 2.0D 160 Elite 5door in Tech Grey - if anyone see's one in a showroom please let me know.

Cheers

anda_d
07-03-09, 07:26 AM
With all those cars stacked up at the docks and their storage faciltys you would think they would be glad to get some of them moved!

other than that they cant find were they have parked it;)

hope you get it soon mate

Happy42
07-03-09, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys, (- :)

Perhaps they're building them by hand and I should be greatfull of the personal touch :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll go to the docks and find it myself :D

Had my heart set on the Insignia and really don't want to change my mind but then again I'm not going to wait untill June :confused::confused:

Lets hope i get some good news from the dealer soon.

Happy motoring :D

Cheers

mikeoverland
07-03-09, 04:29 PM
Thats really bad news mate! I ordered my Insignia on the 25th Jan and i've been told 14th April at the moment which i thought i was bad enough.
Ive ordered the SRi 160 with bluetooth and parking sensors.

I was originally told it would be with me in the middle of march and when i asked why it was delayed they said because of the extras!

I can't see how it takes so long to build a ****** car!
I hope you get a closer date soon mate. Keep us updated.

Happy42
07-03-09, 06:32 PM
Thanks Mike,

Nice car you've gone for too, as Mitch says the bluetooth doesn't get fitted on the production line and only takes an hour tops to fit. It's a heart breaker when told of a delay of a new car.

Last I heard on the news was just over 3,500 Insignias registered in the UK since Jan with orders for 15,000 more !! Vauxhall been top selling manufacturer in UK for past three months with the Corsa being the top seller - maybe that's where we went wrong - should've bought 2 Corsa's and stuck them together :rolleyes: ( (- to all the Corsa drivers, my sister has one and it's a great car).

When the order was placed my registration date was 8th March with a 9th March delivery and told to expect actual delivery around mid to late March.

Keeps us updated with your progress, April is not far away :D:D

Cheers

Happy42
16-03-09, 12:15 PM
Hi All,

Just taken a call from dealership to say that 200 Insignia's have been delivered to the UK for them. amongst them are 4 x Elites not to my spec but would I like to change !

Well I have :D, still getting the 2.0CDTi 160 Elite but changing from 5 door to 4 door, no bluetooth handsfree kit - but hey who cares, can be fitted later, Is coming with Sat Nav ( I had opted for without as I use the latest tom tom) and still getting my choice of colour - Tech Grey :D:D

Even better is that the price is £250 cheaper than the non sat nav model I ordered in Feb :confused: :eek::eek:

I'm back to being a happy chappy again (- didn't really want to wait untill mid June!

Cheers :)

Happy42
16-03-09, 06:32 PM
Yip, really excited :D

There's a few Bluetooth kits on the market, I'll need to look at some - although the factory fit option was around £145, yet dealer tried to sell me a "Parrot" kit at a cost of £250 !! politely told him No thanks !!

Cheers

Melbury
18-03-09, 08:29 PM
Hi All,

Just taken a call from dealership to say that 200 Insignia's have been delivered to the UK for them. amongst them are 4 x Elites not to my spec but would I like to change !

Well I have :D, still getting the 2.0CDTi 160 Elite but changing from 5 door to 4 door, no bluetooth handsfree kit - but hey who cares, can be fitted later, Is coming with Sat Nav ( I had opted for without as I use the latest tom tom) and still getting my choice of colour - Tech Grey :D:D

Even better is that the price is £250 cheaper than the non sat nav model I ordered in Feb :confused: :eek::eek:

I'm back to being a happy chappy again (- didn't really want to wait untill mid June!

Cheers :) For my Insignia I got a bluetooth handsfree item from
Maplins, just a small round speaker which plugs into the cigarette lighter socket plus a very tiny mic, very neat with two little led lights, one red one blue alternating flash at 3 sec intervals. On incomming call the number is read out ( if available) It is crystal clear sound and does the job as good as any without the need for anything stuck to the windscreen as often is the case. The mic cord can be routed around the centre of the dash and tucked in behind the trim with the mic positioned on the nearest vent. Cost was £20 but I hear has now gone up to £30.

Happy42
18-03-09, 08:40 PM
Thanks Melbury :)

Will check it out, how are you finding your own Insignia ?

Cheers (-

Melbury
19-03-09, 08:22 PM
Thanks Melbury :)

Will check it out, how are you finding your own Insignia ?

Cheers (-

I have now just clocked up 1000 miles,its going well and very smooth,but just a tad thirsty compared to my previous diesel Vectra. This one is the 1.8 petrol. I am interested in getting a DAB adapter thing which transmits to the existing AM/FM, one in particular is 'PURE Highway. It may depend on what area, to be of any use.
Had I realized on ordering the car I would have opted for the CD400 radio which is the DAB.
Now about the photos, I must try to get them on but is there a potential problem for registration plates to be visible?

Vauxhallnutter Mark
19-03-09, 10:55 PM
I have now just clocked up 1000 miles,its going well and very smooth,but just a tad thirsty compared to my previous diesel Vectra. This one is the 1.8 petrol. I am interested in getting a DAB adapter thing which transmits to the existing AM/FM, one in particular is 'PURE Highway. It may depend on what area, to be of any use.
Had I realized on ordering the car I would have opted for the CD400 radio which is the DAB.
Now about the photos, I must try to get them on but is there a potential problem for registration plates to be visible?

Thats can be overcome in two ways, either stick a bit of paper over your numberplates before taking the photo's or go into photoshop or MS paint and blot out the numbers.

Look forward to seeing the pics even though i'm not really a fan of the Insignia personally - sorry!!:o

geegee
24-03-09, 09:00 PM
i ordered a black 1.8 exclusiv with plus pack last monday the 16th and the sales man told me 6 to 11 weeks, am i really going to have top wait that long?? i think i know what the problem might be, theres so many stantard insignias stocked up, you know the ones without alloy wheels(hob caps) and colours that people dont want, because i had the dealers ring me up today offering the same colour but wihout the plus pack and one with quite a few extras including satnav but in a wrong colour lol

Happy42
25-03-09, 03:45 PM
Cheers mate,

It's a long time to wait, it does seem that any new Insignia ordered with any extra's goes to the bottom of the pile, and the dealership tells me (although not sure I believe them) is that Vauxhall wait for several cars to be ordered with the same extra before they will build it, hence reason for delay !

I'm now looking at mid to late April for my Insignia and get so excited when I see one on the road :D I even tailed a new SRI for a short while on a motorway just to see how it looked from the rear :o:o Does that make me a stalker ;)

The wait will be worth it (-

geegee
26-03-09, 08:25 AM
what country are they building them from? my dealer told me its take them an average of 27 hours to build them thats if all the parts and what not are there, so i just dont understand the 6 to 11 weeks waiting time:mad: i can bare 6 weeks but any longer than that then no no no

i know its worth the wait but i just want to drive it

Happy42
26-03-09, 02:10 PM
lol Mitch, good to see an Insignia driver taking it easy on those early miles :D(-

GG - Last I heard they were still being built in Germany and then shipped across, although I read a report the other day that mentioned Ellesmere Port was soon to start building the Saloon models.:confused:

I nearly fell off my seat when I saw in a local paper my dealer advertising Insignia's for immediate delivery - if they call 3-4 months immediate I'd hate to see a delay :eek::eek:

The wait is very Frustrating.

Cheers :)

essixash
02-06-09, 01:50 PM
It does seem to be the extras ive been told the same thing. Only Just ordered mine on May 21st but have been told as a guide that ill take delivery around Sept :( Kind of pleased to be getting a 59 plate though.

Ive ordered a 2.0 CDTi SRI NAV 4 Door in Technical Grey, with sight and light pack, but ave been told the hold up is mainly because ive ordered the 20" alloys :( cant believe that takes them that long

cameron66
02-06-09, 03:16 PM
It does seem to be the extras ive been told the same thing. Only Just ordered mine on May 21st but have been told as a guide that ill take delivery around Sept :( Kind of pleased to be getting a 59 plate though.

Ive ordered a 2.0 CDTi SRI NAV 4 Door in Technical Grey, with sight and light pack, but ave been told the hold up is mainly because ive ordered the 20" alloys :( cant believe that takes them that long

Those 20" alloys/tyres are going be a very firm ride indeed. My 18" alloys is not a hard ride but class it as being quite noticably firm, and that's with tyre pressures dropped to the lower pressure comfort mode.

The whole car has been stiffened up and it definately shows in its handling, no wallowing or rolling at all, feels very stable around bends that the old vec would be struggling with, or at least make you feel nervy.

I think you may regret getting those 20" unless you really want the looks at the cost of a big jump in firmness.

essixash
02-06-09, 04:47 PM
Those 20" alloys/tyres are going be a very firm ride indeed. My 18" alloys is not a hard ride but class it as being quite noticably firm, and that's with tyre pressures dropped to the lower pressure comfort mode.

The whole car has been stiffened up and it definately shows in its handling, no wallowing or rolling at all, feels very stable around bends that the old vec would be struggling with, or at least make you feel nervy.

I think you may regret getting those 20" unless you really want the looks at the cost of a big jump in firmness.

no i dont think i will they are what sold it to me. Im more interested in the look than the firmness of it as u say. I wouldnt ave bought it otherwise. I drive a mini at the moment so i dont think it will really matter mate its going to be majorly firm compared to a mini lol

essixash
02-06-09, 04:52 PM
Im sure there will be a difference, course there will but i doubt its gonna be anything horrifically significant, if it affected the performance of the car to an extent that made it really bad then i doubt they'd be able to put them on it

2.0 vectra
02-06-09, 05:01 PM
it's a brave person that has big wheels & really low profile tyres with the state of the roads at the moment .
buckled wheels are becoming more common all the time .

essixash
02-06-09, 05:08 PM
it's a brave person that has big wheels & really low profile tyres with the state of the roads at the moment .
buckled wheels are becoming more common all the time .

ha funny u should say that i work for the council highways department so ill be alright mate lol, they'd pay if it buckled my wheels :)

2.0 vectra
02-06-09, 05:29 PM
just as well then , especially if the roads are as bad down your way as they are here :eek::eek: