PDA

View Full Version : Proud Insignia Owner

Happy42
29-04-09, 07:45 PM
Hi Folk's

Collected my Insignia last night from the dealer :D:D They called me Fri night to say they took delivery and Car would be ready for Tues night - Yippee

Insignia is an Elite 2.0CDTi 160 Nav 4 Door

Drives like a dream, all very tight as you would expect from a new car. All systems work and all manuals handed over incl the Sat Nav one! Sat Nav DVD loaded into internal memory and no issues so far re post codes.

I'll update with a decent review and post some pics asap

Just a quickie attached although it was dark

Cheers (-

iangte
29-04-09, 07:48 PM
very nice (-(-

Happy42
29-04-09, 09:24 PM
Cheers Guys (-

Need to clean the Insignia already :eek:

18" Wheels are nice, the 19's may have been a little on the hard side, well pleased with the car.

Just need to figure out if I can put the speed camera poi's on a dvd and then upload into the Sat Nav - will give it a try over the weekend.

Very quiet inside for a Diesel and although not pushing her hard, you can feel the power waiting to be unleashed.

I like the way when you select reverse the wing mirrors move down so you can see the side of the car and the kerb for easy parking.

Cheers all and yes I'm Very Happy :D

Happy42
29-04-09, 09:37 PM
Hi Mitch :)

Yip, cruise control is superb on the motorways and the Microfibres are at the ready ;) there won't be a sponge going anywhere near it (-

Cheers

nrg
30-04-09, 06:32 AM
Hi Happy

Really glad you got your insig and are very happy :)

I was wondering if you can do me a favour? I have the sat nav but they dont have any manuals to give me, is there any way you can scan and post on here?

Thanks

Steve

Happy42
30-04-09, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I'll see what I can put together re the Sat Nav manual, you're right Mitch there are a few pages but shouldn't be an issue.

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Getting used to the Sat Nav, totally different animal to that of the Tom Tom.

Will have some pics ready over the weekend (-

Cheers

ct58
01-05-09, 11:34 AM
Glad your happy with your new car, think I like them but not 100% sure, they may grow on me though :confused:

vauxvet
01-05-09, 06:53 PM
Hi Happy

Really glad you got your insig and are very happy :)

I was wondering if you can do me a favour? I have the sat nav but they dont have any manuals to give me, is there any way you can scan and post on here?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve try this link

http://www.savefile.com/files/2045826

vauxvet
01-05-09, 06:55 PM
Looks nice Happy, glad you got it on time, enjoy mate

Happy42
01-05-09, 09:27 PM
Hi Vauxvet and thanks for the Sat Nav link, beat me too it :D

Nrg - any probs with the Sat Nav just shout;)

Really am pleased with the car, so comfortable and a joy to drive, but back down to earth and got to clean her now :eek: and Yes Mitch got all me products ready :p

Cheers all (-

vauxvet
02-05-09, 08:13 AM
Hi Vauxvet and thanks for the Sat Nav link, beat me too it :D

Nrg - any probs with the Sat Nav just shout;)

Really am pleased with the car, so comfortable and a joy to drive, but back down to earth and got to clean her now :eek: and Yes Mitch got all me products ready :p

Cheers all (-

Hi Happy,

what you going to use to clean it? i usualy use a sponge but i've seen it said not to, what should i use mate i'm new to all this looking after a new car,

nrg
04-05-09, 01:39 PM
Hi Steve try this link

http://www.savefile.com/files/2045826

Thanks mate, been waiting for this for a while now. happy driving!

vauxvet
04-05-09, 05:46 PM
Bin your sponges & your leathers!!!

Sponges cause more swirls the a diesel valve & the leathers remove your wax coat then the laquer,, then the paint!!

Microfibres are the way, wash mits & cloths, all available, & cheaply from pound shops or other cheaper outlets so they don't break the bank, :cool::cool:

Cheers Mitch i'll have to get some then

Melbury
05-05-09, 10:08 PM
Bin your sponges & your leathers!!!

Sponges cause more swirls the a diesel valve & the leathers remove your wax coat then the laquer,, then the paint!!

Microfibres are the way, wash mits & cloths, all available, & cheaply from pound shops or other cheaper outlets so they don't break the bank, :cool::cool:

So thats whats doing it, I wish I hada knew that before.
Its over 2 months now with new insignia and some swirls on the bonnet show in certain light. can they be removed anyway easily now?
I had some suspicions about the sponge.
I think on new cars you tend to see some minor scratches and swirls every time you wash them and eventually you become less paranoid but it still is worth doing something about.

whoosh
08-05-09, 08:55 AM
Having used no sponges for years, I can vouch for that - the grit and dust gets stuck in the holes and scratches the paint
I use Meguires 3 stage cleaner, polisher and wax - have done for years - works great.

Is this collinite stuff any good and whats with all the numbers 126 476 and 845 ?

PS also use Mequires wheel wax - works a treat

If you want to go further, get a bucket with a sieve at the bottom so all the dirt falls through
or
two buckets - one to rinse the dirty cloth in and one for the qashing the car bit

if you drop the cloth on the floor, get a new one out - always microfibre or rasta dreadlocks style wash mitt

Melbury
08-05-09, 01:46 PM
Having used no sponges for years, I can vouch for that - the grit and dust gets stuck in the holes and scratches the paint
I use Meguires 3 stage cleaner, polisher and wax - have done for years - works great.

Is this collinite stuff any good and whats with all the numbers 126 476 and 845 ?

PS also use Mequires wheel wax - works a treat

If you want to go further, get a bucket with a sieve at the bottom so all the dirt falls through
or
two buckets - one to rinse the dirty cloth in and one for the qashing the car bit

if you drop the cloth on the floor, get a new one out - always microfibre or rasta dreadlocks style wash mitt
So I have been destroying paintwork for years,but maybe microfibres is a new thing, RIGHT THEN !! thats it the sponges are binned,remedial action will be taken. ( I hear Meguiars shares are on the up )

Happy42
08-05-09, 03:27 PM
Good Luck Mel', I'm a convert and impressed with the results :)

Just need the weather to improve up here in Scotland to wash and polish again :D

Cheers all (-

geegee
04-06-09, 08:22 AM
Get some SRP on this, then some egp or collonite 915, that will keep it nice & sweet.:cool::cool:

whats all that and were can i pick up them up? halfords??