PDA

View Full Version : Update recall

nrg
16-05-09, 02:16 PM
Received a letter this morning saying insignia quality Boost package. and Minor specification changes needed. I phoned them and they said it wasnt safety related and mentioned something about the seat and roof line?!?

Anyway booked it in for Wednesday.

Anyone got the 2.0 CDTI 138ps? And Find that the Gearbox is a little notchy, i.e. when selecting a gear the gater is a little notchy, espc while warming up. Might be me.

P.s thanks for the sat nav manual pdf :)

Still loving the car...its a real head turner!

Steve

iangte
16-05-09, 10:19 PM
recalls are part and parcell of new cars

Happy42
18-05-09, 04:36 PM
Hi Nrg :)

I have the 2.0CDT1 160 and so far so good gearbox seems to be fine.

Not had a recall letter although there is still time.

Glad to hear your still loving your car, me too :D:D

Keep us updated re the recall.

Cheers

lufc
23-05-09, 04:12 PM
I had my 160 CDTI at garage due to passenger window failing to open. Checked recall (sorry Quality Boost Package) and it was not required. Window still not fixed though, so maybe another Quality Boost Package required.

Melbury
25-05-09, 08:46 PM
:confused::confused:Received a letter this morning saying insignia quality Boost package. and Minor specification changes needed. I phoned them and they said it wasnt safety related and mentioned something about the seat and roof line?!?

Anyway booked it in for Wednesday.

Anyone got the 2.0 CDTI 138ps? And Find that the Gearbox is a little notchy, i.e. when selecting a gear the gater is a little notchy, espc while warming up. Might be me.

P.s thanks for the sat nav manual pdf :)

Still loving the car...its a real head turner!

Steve I too got this letter which seems like a bit of a cover-up for something wrong somewhere or maybe not. I have mine booked in and on enquiring the dealer told me they have to remove the interior door trim on the front pssenger side to inspect for possible water damage. It may just a lot of different checks they are doing I find nothing wrong myself, lowered and raised the window on a dry day and no sign of any damp.
Its all very vague and here was I thinking Oh! they are going to upgrade mine to a Satnav. (just hope they can put the trim back right again)

martin99
25-05-09, 08:49 PM
I am driving the 138 2.0 CDTi. Found the gear box very good. Not notchy at all.

Still cant store anything in the front :confused::(:p

stephenRT
01-06-09, 05:47 PM
Hi Steve
Gearbox: Have a 1.8 VVT but think gear change set up is the same, reported a stiffness that came and went ( i think when hot?, had only done 600-800 at time, seemed like some think was stuck in selector, got a blank from Vauxhall, so with a can of spray grease a) did the end of the cables at the engine / gearbox plus b) in the drivers side pulled down the G/Box wall carpet and sprayed the selector cables, needed to move the selector in and out of gears to get all of it, no problems from then on, now at 1900 miles of all the cars i have had this has the best gearbox feel.

one for u, noticed a deep score mark on both rear disks just in from the outer edge but not at the edge?

cameron66
03-06-09, 06:39 PM
Certainly no issues with gearbox so far, in fact thats one of the things I particularly like about the car.:)

What I dont like is how thin the paint appears to be on the front bumper, seems to stone chip down to undercoat/base plastic very easily. Picked up a few already since friday, I noticed a 58 plate tech grey one (same colour as mine) in the dealers today was absolutely peppered with white spots across the front, due to stone chips, bad enough to warrant it being respayed IMO. Not good at all. :(

icemann3016
04-06-09, 08:14 AM
Sorry for messing up the topic but... what is this 2,0 CDTI 138bhp? Is this the A20DTJ engine? I ordered mine with same and is 130bhp:confused: