PDA

View Full Version : My New Insignia Sports Tourer Due Tomorrow

pgodd
19-05-09, 05:10 PM
Taking delivery of my new Insignia Sports Tourer SE tomorrow and can't wait.
Photos and full review to follow in a few days....watch this space!

Paul.

pgodd
20-05-09, 10:59 AM
Quite possibly Mitch!

Just phoned the dealer as they are delivering to my home address. The car is one hour away, so delivery due at around 13:00.

-)-)

vauxvet
20-05-09, 03:06 PM
Enjoy Paul

veci35
20-05-09, 10:16 PM
we need plenty of pic's and a good write up mate......

pgodd
21-05-09, 08:26 AM
Insignia has arrived and is everything I expected.
Full review and photos to follow over the next few days.

In the mean time I have a few questions which I am hoping other SatNav users might have also experienced:

Does anyone know how to copy the SatNav files off the DVD and onto the memory inside the car, therefore allowing me to remove the DVD and play my own CDs?

Also, I have noticed that the USB port only accepts some USB sticks and is not compatible with Apple's iphone. Has anyone else had this issue and know of any workaround?

Thanks,

Paul.

vauxvet
21-05-09, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=pgodd;71833]Insignia has arrived and is everything I expected.
Full review and photos to follow over the next few days.

In the mean time I have a few questions which I am hoping other SatNav users might have also experienced:

Does anyone know how to copy the SatNav files off the DVD and onto the memory inside the car, therefore allowing me to remove the DVD and play my own CDs?

Also, I have noticed that the USB port only accepts some USB sticks and is not compatible with Apple's iphone. Has anyone else had this issue and know of any workaround?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, my satnav files were already loaded in but i would have thought it was just a case of inserting the dvd and going throught the setting menue.

On the usb i think it's just the ipod's that work, i've got an 8gig 3rgd gen and that works fine, everything comes up on the display.

Duncan

pgodd
21-05-09, 01:10 PM
Thanks Vauxvet, I scoured the menus during my lunch hour and found the option. Actually quite obvious when I found it, I was just looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, GB maps saved to flash memory and SatNav now working without DVD.

Still not resolved my USB key issue.
I have two USB keys:

USB Key 1
Make: DELL
Size: 128MB Primary Partition
Formatting: FAT32

USB Key 2
Make Corsair
Size: 4GB Primary Partition
Formating: NTFS

The Dell key works fine, but the Corsair key does not.
I have tried reformatting the Corsair key to be FAT32 and FAT16, but makes not difference.

I am wondering if there is a maximum size limit that it will support.
I called Vauxhall on 01582 454 666 and spoke to a insignia engineer, but they did not have any technical specs for the DVD800 unit and could not give me the details of anyone who would.

My aim is to identifiy the maximum size USB key that it supports, as I want to use it like a disc changer, and store as much music as I can on it.

I could go down the ipod route, but as I already have an iphone it seems a waste of money to by such a similar device just to keep in the car!

ACTION PLAN:

Tonight I will delete all partitions off the 4GB Corsair USB key and create a new single primary FAT32 parition of 128MB (to mimic the DELL key). If the insignia then recognises it, then it proves the theory that it is related to size. If it does not recognise it, I will carry out more detailed comparison of the partitions on each device.

Anyway, lunch hour over so back to the day job!

Paul.

Happy42
21-05-09, 05:18 PM
Hi Paul :)

Great to hear you've got your Tourer :D

I have a 1gb Corsair mem' stick file system FAT with all me music on it and it works great.

Manual states "Only MP3 players and USB stick with a sector size of 512 bytes in the FAT file system are supported"

Look forward to the pics, enjoy (-

Cheers

pgodd
21-05-09, 09:48 PM
Thanks Happy42, I'll definitely look into that.
The manual I got was for the non-USB version of the infotainment system. Can I ask where you got your manual from that states the information you have posted? I am keen to get my mitts on the one you have!

Thanks,

Paul.

Happy42
22-05-09, 09:23 PM
Hi Mate,

hope this works - link to pdf copy of the DVD 800 Manual

http://www.savefile.com/files/2045826

cheers :)

pgodd
28-05-09, 06:12 PM
Thanks Happy, the manual download worked great.
I have now found a 1GB USB stick that works fine, and have also successfully hooked up my ipod.

Photos of my new tourer are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=96882&id=619656020&l=e659084d84

Thanks,

Paul.

Happy42
29-05-09, 05:04 PM
Hi Paul,

Super looking car, boot space is vast (-

Now remember No sponges only Micro Fibre :D

Aint that right Mitch ;)

Have fun..

Cheers

pgodd
29-05-09, 10:10 PM
Thanks gents.

What on earth is microfibre?
Bear in mind that in my 14 years of driving I have only ever cleaned my car twice!! I am a great believer in letting the rain wash the dirt away.

Paul.

pgodd
30-05-09, 01:18 PM
Thanks Mitch, I will be ordering the mitt shortly.

One thing I have noticed on my Sports Tourer over the last week is that the automatic tailgate seems unpredicatble.

Sometimes when I press the button on the keyfob to open the boot, it opens fully and then stops, just as you would expect. However about 1/3 of the time when I press the button the boot opens, then pauses for two seconds, then closes again. Before I realised what was happening I have a few near misses where I started to reach into the boot and it started to close on me!!

Now that I am aware of the issue, I wait to check if its going to close again before risking life and limb!

At first I just assumed it was me doing something wrong, but I have checked multiple times and all I am doing each time is just simply pressing the boot open button once. Very strange, anyone else seen this?

Paul.

Happy42
31-05-09, 09:36 AM
Hi Paul,

Sorry can't help with the power tailgate as I have the Saloon.

Yip, as Mitch says - a must for the dealer. :eek:

I have a wash mit, and several microfibre cloths and a strange microfibre bright green bobbly sponge size cloth for the wheels - sorry for the description, picked it up in France and is superb for getting into the nooks and crannies on the wheels.

Cheers :)

pgodd
01-06-09, 04:54 PM
Thanks Happy,

I've booked it in to the dealer this Thursday.

I've done some more testing and found some consistency in the problem.
It only occurs when trying to open the boot via the keyfob when the doors are locked.

For example if you unlock the car, then open the boot via the keyfob it works correctly. However if you lock the car, then open the boot via the keyfob it opens, the after a 2 second delay closes again.

I'm pleased to have found this consistency, as I was worried that when I come to demonstrate the issue to the dealer it might not have gone wrong!

Paul.