PDA

View Full Version : Does Insignia have remote windows operation from keyfob ?

cameron66
30-05-09, 10:49 PM
Hi people... just collected my Insignia on Friday, and have a question I've not as yet managed to resolve (if its possible that is)

One of the features that was quite useful on my vec-c was the ability to close or open the windows after you have gotten out of the car by holding down the keyfob buttons.

It seems the windows dont appear to work on the Insignia until the ignition is turned on, but it does say in the handbook manual that it should be possible to close the windows remotely after getting out of the car.
I used to find this feature quite useful if your've forgotten to close the window fully you could do it from the key to save opening the door again and switching on the ignition.

Has anyone with a Insignia got this to work?

I also notice that I should also be able to operate windown withing 5mins of opening the door, at least thats what it say in the book, again which was possible on the vec-c.
I've gone through all the config and menu setting, and cannot see any options to disable/enable this feature. Has Vx dropped this option together with above option.

Thanks for any suggestions.

cameron66
30-05-09, 11:09 PM
Not having seen the handbook i can't really help but if the book says it does, then does it not say how??
I was wondering, can you do it with the key in the door, like the vec?:confused:
If it does, then a possible fault on the fob??:(

To quote handbook " for operating windows from outside of car after you get out and door is closed its a simple case of just holding down the relevant close or open buttons.

It does state... in the even it does not work as discribed, then it may need reinitialising as may happen after the battery has been disconected for example.
This is done by closing the doors, switching ignition on, and the open windows one at a time, and then close them again and to keep the close switch held on for extra 2 seconds.
Which I have done a few times now, Really need someone with a Insignia to say whether its actually possible. I dont seem able to operate windows at all unless ignition is on.

I dont remember ever putting the key in the vec-c door lock even once in 2.5 years of ownership, the key fob was used all the time for locking/opening. So your saying one could also close the windows by inserting and locking using the actual door lock.?

cameron66
30-05-09, 11:26 PM
Many thanks for moving it somewhere of more relevance.

The windows dont seem to work at all until the ignition is turned on, where on the vec-c you could lower/raise the window by using the door switches as long as it was done withing 5mins from the time door was first opened when you got in the car.

The manual actually states this should also work on the Insignia, but this does'nt work either for some reason. IOW I cannot use the electric windows at all until ignition is turned on.

The option to close the windows after your've got out of the car and locking it up is useful especially when you have forgotten to close the window.

On this Insignia I currently have to reopen the door, insert key again and turn on ignition before I can close the window.:(

I've gone through the config and menu setting but cannot see anything of relevance regarding this issue, and was hoping that one of the guys who actually use a Insignia could tell me whether its still possible or whether its no longer implemented. I spent quite a bit of time earlier searching with google, but little online info knocking around at the moment regarding the Insignia's. Thanks for your help matey.

nrg
31-05-09, 06:30 AM
Hi

I can confirm my insignia does wind up the window by holding down the key fob door lock button. Used it a few times now.

But...does the windows go up and the car lock itself after a perid of say 5 mins?

Steve

cameron66
31-05-09, 08:43 AM
Hi

I can confirm my insignia does wind up the window by holding down the key fob door lock button. Used it a few times now.

But...does the windows go up and the car lock itself after a perid of say 5 mins?

Steve

Hi Steve.. No it does not.

Its the exlusiv model, so some of the functions in the configuration are not present.
Under the "vehicle settings", and then into "Power Door Locks" I then had just one option showing called "Avoid Door Lock Open" which was enabled, I found if I disabled it, it would then give me a extra option called "Delayed Door Lock" which I enabled thinking this would turn on the auto locking after exit function. But after 10mins still had not autolocked itself.

From the "Vehicle settings" there is a option called "Remote Lock,Lock,Unlock,Start" so the problem is logically in these settings obviously.
However, I've only got 2 options in there, which are called
"Rmt Key Door Unlock" (All doors or just the driver door)
and other one is
"Rmt Unlock Feedb" (enabled or disabled) and thats all.

Also cant seem to get my head around that personalised option which you can enable or disable, but which on mine seems to do nothing.

Ideally of course, I need another Exclusiv owner to verify it actually works on that specific model, because I'm sure the first thing the dealer will say is "No mate.. they did'nt put it on the Exclusiv" even if they had. Auto locking and remote window closing have been on all previous vec-c exlusiv's.

I've tried resetting to factory defaults. Also tried re-initialising the power windows by turning ignition on, and closing the windows and holding the close switch for further 2 seconds or longer, which apparently you need to do if the battery gets dis-connected. It's a real pain having to open the door again, and insert key and switch ignition on when I've inadvertantly not closed the window fully when locking the car up.

At the moment the ignition has to be in the on position to do anthing at all with front windows. On the vec-c, you could operate the electric windows without putting key in as long as it was done withing 5mins of opening door for first time.

Waste of time asking the salesman who sold me the car, he did'nt even know that you had to touch the brake once in order for the cruise control to be turned on.

Sorry for the post length, but appreciate any suggestions from any of you, especially a definate confirmation ya or nah from another exlusiv user.

Cheers matey.

Happy42
31-05-09, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

I have the Elite, and although I don't use the option I did try the remote opening of all windows and closing of all windows via the fob and it did work.

I have the auto lock feature turned off and not tested the function by activating. will give it a try and see what what happens.

Again not used the personalisation option either for the fob.

Cheers :)

pgodd
01-06-09, 02:41 PM
I have the SE sports tourer model and am able to open and close all windows from outside the car by pressing and holding down the unlock or lock buttons on the key fob.

Paul.

cameron66
02-06-09, 07:10 AM
Looking like a visit to the stealers to see if they can "shed some light on it":confused::confused::(

Yes I think so matey...

Also one cannot use the windows at all, unless ignition on, where is on the Vec-c you could operate the windows within 5mins of opening a door etc.

I cannot see ref. to windows locking in the settings anywhere.

I'm at the dealers in the morning so will see what they have to say, at least I may be able to check its actually possible on this particular model, I cannot see any reason why VX would drop the feature on this model and do it on ther models, especially as it does'nt save them any money. I hope they have'nt dropped the feature, as I found it useful.

On a different subject.

I notice the Insignia members on here seem rather shy, quite a few anyway...lol. In reality, perhaps its because there are still not that many Insignia's owners out there, and of course many owners only tend to visit when they have a issue, such as me at the moment.:D I'm sure it will become more popular in time, as the Insignia takes off.

I appreciate the work you guys put in ...:D

Happy42
02-06-09, 07:38 PM
A BIG Hello from a fellow Insignia owner -) :D:D

Me thinks we're quiet because you can't get us out our cars ;);):p

Good luck with the dealers :)

Cheers (-

cameron66
02-06-09, 08:35 PM
A BIG Hello from a fellow Insignia owner -) :D:D

Me thinks we're quiet because you can't get us out our cars ;);):p

Good luck with the dealers :)

Cheers (-

Thanks Matey, and a big hello to you too...:)

Have a couple of issues to sort out when it goes in tomorrow, but hopefully all will get sorted.
Would have been nice just to have confirmed that the remote windows should work on the Exclusiv models, just in case I was fobbed off by the statement 'No they dont work on the Exclusiv' when in reality they dont know themselves. :D

Looks like every one's got too much money and only buying the better specced models..lol Hopefully they may have a Exlusiv model in so I can check this out for myself. I dont understand why there is nothing showing up in the menu settings relating to this, infact to options at all relating to windows. I would be extremely surprised if it was not implemented on this model, as its just purely software, and would'nt save VX a single penny by leaving it off. Very strange.

Can you operate your windows from the switches inside the car without switching the ignition on when you first get in the car, which you should be able to do if operated within first 5 mins. ? ie. no need to insert key at all, like the old Vec-c and as stated in the Insignia manual. I assume your's is not the Exclusiv model either..lol

Cheers Matey.

lewisburglin
03-06-09, 03:13 PM
It'l be nice to know if the SRI has this feature or its just the SE and Elite, maybe its part of the sight and light pack??

cameron66
03-06-09, 06:26 PM
It'l be nice to know if the SRI has this feature or its just the SE and Elite, maybe its part of the sight and light pack??

It does not say in the handbook that its specific to certain models, this has been on basic model vectra for ages, at least I hope its not been dropped, its a real pain having to keep opening door, insert key, and turn on ignition so I can just close a window.

I browsed the online manual and noticed during the read that they still had this feature before I bought the car, TBH it may have had a little bearing on my decision to buy or not.
The dealer is no wiser than I, saying he will find out about it.
I rang VX customer service this morning and opened a case number so I could get a definitive answer on this issue. They are getting back to me when they get the answer..lol
Worth adding that I am registered disabled so this option is quite a useful one to have on a car.

geegee
04-06-09, 08:07 AM
It does not say in the handbook that its specific to certain models, this has been on basic model vectra for ages, at least I hope its not been dropped, its a real pain having to keep opening door, insert key, and turn on ignition so I can just close a window.

I browsed the online manual and noticed during the read that they still had this feature before I bought the car, TBH it may have had a little bearing on my decision to buy or not.
The dealer is no wiser than I, saying he will find out about it.
I rang VX customer service this morning and opened a case number so I could get a definitive answer on this issue. They are getting back to me when they get the answer..lol
Worth adding that I am registered disabled so this option is quite a useful one to have on a car.

i've got an exclusive and the only thing it does is open the petrol cap lol i was expecting the windows like you too a very let down on that part

cameron66
04-06-09, 05:08 PM
i've got an exclusive and the only thing it does is open the petrol cap lol i was expecting the windows like you too a very let down on that part

Thats not good news at all, and surprised to hear this, as it does'nt really add any extra cost to the car, ie. everything they need to do this is already there. Its only software, so I dont know why they stopped doing this on the Exclusiv models. A lot of disabled people will miss this option, a simple option but useful option, and one I used to use quite often.

I phoned VX customer services a couple of days ago to see if I could get a definitive answer, she opened a case file..lol and said she would check with those in the know and get back to me. I feared that VX had disabled it for some reason, and your reply pretty much confirms it, not what I wanted to hear, but many thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I dont know why they would drop a useful option like this when in reality it cost them nothing. :( I assume that you also have to turn on the ignition every time, in order to do anything at with the windows, as the option where you could raise or lower windows withing 5 mins of opening any door seems to have disappeared too on this model.

Looks like hardly anything in the manual relates to this model... I'm surprised they managed to put 4 wheels on it... :D

Happy42
05-06-09, 02:38 PM
Hi,

Yip not good news, I tried the electric windows on my Elite via switches on door without the key in ignition and no joy nothing :(

Windows will only work either via key fob or when ignition is turned on.

Hope you get an answer soon from Dealer.

cameron66
08-06-09, 04:54 AM
Well the eventual answer from dealer was that remote closing of windows and it seems some other options too only works when the 4 electric windows are fitted.

I've asked VX customer support for a definitive answer to this but they could'nt tell me, so they opened a case number and are supposed to be getting back to me when they do find out.

It does seem however that many users, especially in germany have shown much dis-pleasure that VX may have dropped quite a few options.
One can only hope they issue updated software at some point in the future which may fix things, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

cameron66
10-06-09, 11:39 AM
Having opened a case query with VX last week, they phoned me today, and stated they have checked with their technical people and it appears that the function to open and close the electric windows by pressing the remote key fob should in fact work, as stated in the manual, also the auto locking functions etc. should work too. hmmmm.

I told them that the dealer had stated that it was only implemented on vehicles with all 4 electric windows, and not those with just the front 2.

VX stated it should work on all models of the Insignia... hmmmm.

In conclusion I asked VX if they could relay that information to my dealer, so we will see what happens. Car goes back in to the VX dealer next monday so the gentleman who fitted my rear parking sensors can re-align the rear bumper properly, so we shall see what happens then.

If I hear anything re. the windows saga, I will post it up.

Seems to me that we are being fobbed off (excuse pun) :D VX say remote window closing should work on all models, dealer says only on some models.
Looks like they dont know very much about their own product. :(

cameron66
15-06-09, 07:19 PM
Car went in to dealers today for other issues to be put right.

I passed the VX case number over to the dealer, so they could pursue it futher with VX. Its seems quite a few buyers have issues where features that should be working according to VX, in reality do not work, and dealers are awaiting on VX to supply software updates, which I am informed should be arriving shortly. (Hopefully) ;):)

martin99
16-06-09, 08:40 PM
When mine goes in for a service I will play dumb and say the thingies arent working and let them upgrade everything :p;):):D

cameron66
19-06-09, 04:39 PM
On collecting the car on Monday the dealer stated they were awaiting a software update in order to get the windows to function via remote keyfob.
I got the impression they had at least acknowledged, after speaking with VX that they should work across the whole range of the Insignia's.

Perhaps if a few more users were to ring VX and complain about functions, such as this not working it may give them more reason to get a software update released sooner than later.

geegee
21-06-09, 09:13 AM
So All Models Should Have These Features Yeah??

cameron66
21-06-09, 09:36 AM
So All Models Should Have These Features Yeah??

Obviously some features won't be on all models, but basic operation of electric windows by using the remote keyfob should be on all models, at least that's what VX customer support told me when I opened a case number with them. There are a few simple basic options which are mentioned in the manual, which do not work. VX support said that a software update should fix the issues..... still awaiting!.

geegee
22-06-09, 12:03 PM
well i've booked mine in on thursday so they can have a look at it, when i told the lady on the phone she didnt even have a clue so when i take it in im going to let them know of the basics things that are missing

cameron66
22-06-09, 03:47 PM
well i've booked mine in on thursday so they can have a look at it, when i told the lady on the phone she didnt even have a clue so when i take it in im going to let them know of the basics things that are missing

Whats it going in for matey? beside asking about the remote windows of course.

Mine will be going back in when they eventually get the audio surround trim in stock, which is allegedly on order according to the dealer. Mine was noticably scratched when car supplied new. Also, I still think the drivers side front bumper should be a better fit where it joins the body than it is.

Let us know how you get on about the remote closing of the windows via the keyfob. Though I suspect you will get fobbed off. At least until some updates filter through.

geegee
23-06-09, 07:05 PM
Whats it going in for matey? beside asking about the remote windows of course.

Mine will be going back in when they eventually get the audio surround trim in stock, which is allegedly on order according to the dealer. Mine was noticably scratched when car supplied new. Also, I still think the drivers side front bumper should be a better fit where it joins the body than it is.

Let us know how you get on about the remote closing of the windows via the keyfob. Though I suspect you will get fobbed off. At least until some updates filter through.

it's going in for them to have a look at every features that's missing but stated in the manual, mine too came with a little faint scratch about 5/10 cm long thankfully it was not a deep one you could only see it at night so i didnt make a big fuss:)

are vauxhall going to get back to you when the updates available?

cameron66
23-06-09, 11:18 PM
AFAIK the case number with VX is still open, I asked them to contact the dealer and to pass the information they told me onto them, as they were saying my model did not have the options, where VX were saying that it should have them. I'm assuming the dealer is awaiting updated software, that what they said the last time it went in.

Had a phone call today from dealer to say the replacement matt grey surround trim which goes around the audio panel has arrived in stock, so its going in tomorrow morning to have that replaced. (mine had a bad scratch on it when new, looks like someone tried to touch it up and made it worse.)

I'm currently not too happy about the noise this 1.8vvt engine is making, its almost as loud on tickover as my old 1.9cdti vec-c.
I'm getting like a slight knocking sound come into the cabin when its ticking over, and appears to be coming from some small electrical valve device or whatever it is located on top of the engine at the rear. Something to do with the fuel I think, so I'll be mentioning that too in the morning.
I cant say I'm overly impressed with this particular car so far.:( Just taking a bit of time to get all the issues sorted out. TBH I was expecting this 1.8 petrol to be fairly quiet in a car this size, but knocking noises from this valve thingy, and various resonance noises are an annoyance inside the car. :(

In fairness, the dealer has been doing their best to fix the isues as they arise. I'm just not used to having these problems with a new car. This is my fourth new vauxhall, and I never had a single problem with any of the first three, all replaced at 3 yrs old or less, so VX has made quite a lot of money out of me, but I think this may be my last VX car.:(

Happy42
24-06-09, 06:16 PM
Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues with your Insignia, I can't fault mine and is a pleasure to drive.

I have been there - new car and lots of issues, and it is very frustrating to say the least - My issues were with a Nissan Almera Tino bought new and took 1.5 yrs to fix all the issues !! Had it for 7 years and 200k miles :eek:

Fingers crossed you get a result from VX and start to enjoy your new car.

cameron66
24-06-09, 07:21 PM
Thanks matey. yes it does take some of the thrill away when you get a few issues with a new car.
They fitted the replacement audio surround trim today, replacing the scratched one that was on the car when new. Took the tech about 2 hours
to work out how to fit it. Seems he had to remove a few other bits too to release it. First time he's replaced any trims on the Insignia dash apparently. Seems okay now though.:)

Its got to go in one more time, to have a fuel solenoid replaced when it comes into stock. Its making a knocking type noise which is quite noticable inside the car especially on tickover.
Hopefully, that will be everything sorted I hope, except for the auto remote windows, and I cant see anything happening with that until Vx release some updates, at least that's quite a minor issue.

Happy42
24-06-09, 08:33 PM
Hi :)

Good to see a plan of action.

I had one loose cable fixed the other week behind the dash, minor and not worth complaining about, but the lead engineer took over two hours to fix as he was showing the rest of the guys how to dismantle the dash :eek:

All fitted back as new and cleaned and polished.

Cant fault the guys at Arnold Clark in Glasgow :) Even getting 25lts free fuel for filling in a customer satisfaction survey :D:D

Cheers (-

lufc
24-06-09, 10:10 PM
Guys

See my post about my window problem
https://vodc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7795

cant even open it from inside car with key in ignition, definately something strange with this software!!!!

cameron66
25-06-09, 01:43 PM
Hi :)

Even getting 25lts free fuel for filling in a customer satisfaction survey :D:D

(-

Well thats one way to ensure a favourable satisfaction survey. LOL

Wish my local dealer was as obliging.

I've just received my VX Satisfaction Survey, and I've not decided which way the decision is going to go yet, but its unlikely to be favourable this time round, if I'm 100% truthful.

Mr Elite
25-06-09, 03:55 PM
cant even open it from inside car with key in ignition, definately something strange with this software!!!!

I have heard of a way to reset the software with the ignition key - too scared to try it yet :o - and wondered if anyone else had heard about it and how much it resets.

cameron66
25-06-09, 04:16 PM
I have heard of a way to reset the software with the ignition key - too scared to try it yet :o - and wondered if anyone else had heard about it and how much it resets.

Only reset I've seen is the option to reset everything to factory settings which is the config menu of course.

I dont think VX would have some secret reset which would render the car useless..lol probably a quick method to reset to factory defaults I suspect.

So are you going to share this info with us? :D

Mr Elite
25-06-09, 04:24 PM
Only reset I've seen is the option to reset everything to factory settings which is the config menu of course.

I dont think VX would have some secret reset which would render the car useless..lol probably a quick method to reset to factory defaults I suspect.

So are you going to share this info with us? :D

I am an engineer and the stuff I work on all has a factory reset but will render the equipment useless unless some settings are also input - that's why I am worried about it.

lufc
25-06-09, 07:11 PM
Got my Insignia back today after they found the fault was a broken cable going to passenger door, simple to find and fix but it took over 9 visits and 13 days. They are going to pay for my insurance changeover costs for courtesy car but I will expect more from VX customer care.

BTW.. asked when picking it up about closure of windows using key fob, "yes it should work with the latest programming of my body control unit" he said...

OH NO IT DOES'NT, I HAVE CHECKED, there are no settings and the line in the manual does state "specification" so it is model dependent.

Anyway back on the road again, let's hope that is all for while.

icemann3016
25-06-09, 09:52 PM
After software update i still cant operate the mirrors fold from keyfob. Windows close and open from the keyfob from the beginning which is strange. Most of you guys have issues with windows not mirrrors. :S

geegee
29-06-09, 01:15 PM
just spoken to vauxhall customer service and the lady's told me that the remote windows operation from the key fob is not included on all models so shes been told by her marketing department and branch manager so yeah what a stinker

cameron66
29-06-09, 01:34 PM
Though they came back and told me it applied across all models, I'm not surprised to hear this. I aways suspected they did'nt know for definate themselves.
On seeing posts from various forums, especially german one's I think they have had a lot of enquiries regarding this.

I'm amazed they managed to include 4 wheels with the basic models! :(

cameron66
30-06-09, 11:20 AM
just spoken to vauxhall customer service and the lady's told me that the remote windows operation from the key fob is not included on all models so shes been told by her marketing department and branch manager so yeah what a stinker

I had a phone call from them too this morning telling me exactly the same.

You never know they may enable it in a future update if enough users mention it to them. If they ever release any updates of course. One has to think positive. :D:D

Geoff
04-07-09, 06:53 PM
My wife parked and locked the car to-day and when she came back all the windows were half down all the same amount! Either its elec fault or car must have remote window operation which I didn't think it had (Sports Tourer SE). Got other elec faults too - occassionally elec boot refuses to open, and elec parking brake doesn't release on pull-away but applies more fully instead.

This is not the best Vauxhall I've ever bought. Car is going to dealer on Mon for poor petrol consumption, so these elec problems are going on the list too.

cameron66
05-07-09, 12:38 AM
The fuel consumption on my 1.8vvt is not very good either. Which petrol engine do you have in yours Geoff. ? Mines currently showing a average of 28.1 mpg.

It goes back in the dealers this friday to have that Vent Valve Solenoid replaced, and hopefully sort out a flat spot on engine around 3k rpm. I'm also still getting some resonation noise from something under the bonnet or bulkhead when pulling away from lights for example or when accellerating in second or third gear around 2750 to 3500 rpm. They were supposed to have fixed this resonance issue, it is a lot better than it was when I first had the car, but it still does it occasionally.

I noticed last time they tried to resolve the resonance issue by putting some old bits of foam under the airbox, and between a couple of pipes, and thought it looked a bit of a heath robinson bodge. (not what you really want to see on a brand new car)

Geoff
05-07-09, 07:09 AM
It's a 2.0i Petrol Turbo 4X4. On a long run I managed 27 mpg, but it's showing 25.3 mpg now after some more non-urban trips. Hope dealer can fix it tomorrow.

Sorry this is a bit off topic for windows, there are other threads for fuel economy.

icemann3016
05-07-09, 10:17 AM
Sorry guys for the following i`ve gotta tell you but GENERAL MOTORS are COMPLETELY RET*RDED!!! That`s just not possible: for the launch models of insignia and the first ordered if you want to have auto door locking and to operate mirrors and windows from keyfob you MUST have seats with memory, and for the late ordered cars you need seats with memory for the auto locking and for the mirrrors. Why is GM doing that? When i was ordering I wanted heated seats WITHOUT leather... yes you can but in pack with headlights cleaning system which i get with the Xenon headlights and have to pay 2nd time. I already paid "Sight pack" 3 times and etc. I`m just angry guys, just angry.

cameron66
05-07-09, 01:08 PM
It's a 2.0i Petrol Turbo 4X4. On a long run I managed 27 mpg, but it's showing 25.3 mpg now after some more non-urban trips. Hope dealer can fix it tomorrow.

Sorry this is a bit off topic for windows, there are other threads for fuel economy.

A lot of users seem to be getting well under 30mpg with the 2.0 engines, so that may be as good as it gets. :(

I've noticed if you reset the MPG display it starts off again at around 25mpg before it very slowly starts to climb again, so wont be resetting again..:D
Highest mines got up to is 31.2mpg but I tried resetting it and its just starting to work its way very slowly indeed back up..lol 9 (currently at 28.1)

Best way of course is to fill the tank and monitor it that way, Last time I did this I got about 425 miles to a tank of fuel and according to the computer it still had 25miles range left.

From various posts by users it seems quite a few owners are finding fuel figures (petrol & Diesel) are not as good as they would have liked it to be. Probably down to the increased weight of the car perhaps. While others post theirs is quite reasonable.

At least you have a some power for overtaking etc. in your's, I don't even have that... Unless I'm overtaking a cyclist. LOL

cavmk3 td
05-07-09, 01:32 PM
dont know whether its changed but the mpg is tested on test tracks which are super smooth the most expensive tyres money can buy and in a very straight line lol never belive what car manufacturers say tbh its just to get you to buy the car imho but i acctualy saw a tcdti up close today and i must say there growing on me when first released i didnt like them but now :cool::cool::cool:

cameron66
05-07-09, 03:10 PM
Sorry guys for the following i`ve gotta tell you but GENERAL MOTORS are COMPLETELY RET*RDED!!! That`s just not possible: for the launch models of insignia and the first ordered if you want to have auto door locking and to operate mirrors and windows from keyfob you MUST have seats with memory, and for the late ordered cars you need seats with memory for the auto locking and for the mirrrors. Why is GM doing that? When i was ordering I wanted heated seats WITHOUT leather... yes you can but in pack with headlights cleaning system which i get with the Xenon headlights and have to pay 2nd time. I already paid "Sight pack" 3 times and etc. I`m just angry guys, just angry.

There does seem to be a lot of threads in the german forums regarding options not working, even when the extra was added. Seems to be too many variations/options IMO, and in some cases it seems not getting what you think you are paying for.

I would'nt mind so much if they had included just the bog standard lowly stuff like remote closing closing/opening of windows from the remote keyfob, and auto locking etc.
In some respects I feel like I've gone to a lesser car than my 56 vec-c was.

Just ways to extract more money if you want some features when ordering... that should have been on all the models anyway.:(

Geoff
06-07-09, 02:19 PM
My wife parked and locked the car to-day and when she came back all the windows were half down all the same amount! Either its elec fault or car must have remote window operation which I didn't think it had (Sports Tourer SE). Got other elec faults too - occassionally elec boot refuses to open, and elec parking brake doesn't release on pull-away but applies more fully instead.

This is not the best Vauxhall I've ever bought. Car is going to dealer on Mon for poor petrol consumption, so these elec problems are going on the list too.

Just collected car from the dealers. Apparently windows can be operated remotely from key fob, wifey must have held open button too long. I had no idea my car had this feature, but sure enough I've now found it in the Owners Manual page 35. This feature seems completely pointless, but dealer says VW's have it. Is there any other reason?

NFF on other elec items.

As regards mpg, I'll reply on that thread.

cameron66
06-07-09, 04:31 PM
Its especially useful for people with disabilities for the reasons you mention, and for when you forget to close them after your've left the car, and you glance back to see your've left a window open.

Everyone glances back dont they when they have a nice car..LOL :D

Personally I think the vec-c was a very much a under-rated car, I thought mine was fantastic, and TBH I'm having thoughts that I did the wrong thing letting it go, may have been better keeping it a bit longer (it was still less than 3 years old and under 40k on clock, a cdti 150) and keeping the money in the bank... ah well.. too late now.
I do the most silly things sometimes even at my age.:D

icemann3016
06-07-09, 10:37 PM
I talked to a guy thats in the service at my dealer. He said that comparing vec-c and insigna, the vec is much much more intelligent in small things that make you happy. Insignia is made in a rush and has a lot of things to fix. He said that the price list and standart/additional extras list were changed over 10 times from the time being launched. But he believes that GM will satisfy the customers with releasing software fixes for the missing features like the windows, the mirrors the locking etc. I hope they also make a better price list with no need to pay for a packet 3 times in a row etc...

cameron66
06-07-09, 10:52 PM
I would probably agree with him, lets hope that VX do indeed release new updated software at some point in the future to enable some of these basic features that really should have been in place from day 1.

The more Insignia owners that phone VX support and voice their thoughts about these issues, the more chance of them releasing a update.

cameron66
10-07-09, 08:35 AM
I'm driving a basic Corsa courtesy car today a 09 model and guess what! even that has the capability of operating the windows from the keyfob.:confused:

I think it's ridiculous that a bottom of the range Corsa has these functions, and they dont include it on the Exlusiv Insignia models, which costs double the price.:mad:

VX/Opel need to get their act together, its little things like this that annoy customers, (it annoys me anyway) resulting in them looking at the competition when they next buy a car.

cameron66
10-07-09, 11:03 AM
:DJust had my car back, and it seems they were not able to fit the replacement 'Tank Vent Valve Solenoid' which is why it specifically went in, because it has not come in yet (still on order) TBH, the one fitted does seem to have quietened down quite a lot compared what it was. (Typical)

What I cant understand is, why they arranged for it to go in today, when the part is'nt even there to be fitted. Crazy. They did'nt tell ne until I went to collect the car.
Good job I mentioned a couple of small issues when I took it in, occasional noise like exhaust catching the body when starting the car, and a sound like the starter motor was sticking a bit when the car was left overnight.
(I almost did'nt bother mentioning them, but glad I did)

Turned out to be something wrong with one of the exhaust mounts apparently, and they have fixed the starter motor issue, otherwise it would have been a total waste of time. Though both were only minor things.

Running really well, now I've got rid of most of the noises and rattles...

cameron66
10-07-09, 11:27 AM
I think quite a few new models have teething probs to start with, it does appear the Insignia has had more then its fair share though:(:(

It can only go forwards from here, so hopefully when i can afford one, these will all be fine & dandy!!:):)

Yep, Its us guinea pigs that doing all the testing. :D I suppose, the only real test is when something gets released to the public. You can keep testing something, but I'd imagine its difficult to cover all posibilities, Its when its out there being used that the real tests begin.

Lets not forget either that the Insignia is almost a total new build, its not a facelift or had slight changes to a current model, so I suppose it's inevitable that some issue's will arise.

I remember the Vectra had quite a few issue's too when it was first released. Hopefully they will all get sorted eventually.

martin99
17-07-09, 03:04 PM
Found that my key operated window closing works fine (-:D(-

However the wife discovered by accident that a quick double tap on the fob when unlocking opens all 4 windows :eek::cool:

She is now so annoying because she found something new on the car before me :confused:

cameron66
17-07-09, 10:37 PM
Found that my key operated window closing works fine (-:D(-

However the wife discovered by accident that a quick double tap on the fob when unlocking opens all 4 windows :eek::cool:

She is now so annoying because she found something new on the car before me :confused:

Yes... from reports, it seems that the remote open/closing of windows via the keyfob does indeed work on Insignia's fitted with all 4 electric windows.

The issue is with vehicles fitted with just the 2 electric front windows only, where it does not work as the option has not been provided on those. Why VX did this I have no idea. I drove a basic 09 reg corsa a few days ago and even that has this option enabled on the car. This is a 09 VX car which costs less than half the price I paid for my Insignia.
VX need to bring out a software update ASAP to fix these anomalies. :mad:

icemann3016
17-07-09, 11:10 PM
The so called "comfort module" is not a software update. It`s about the window motors electronics. You need front window machines from a 4 el. windowed Insignia and you will have the keyfob operation. But you are right that VX suck at brains :)

cameron66
06-08-09, 06:45 PM
Had a phone call from VX customer services this morning, to acknowledge the letter I included with the returned satisfaction questionaire. Voicing my dis-satisfaction that VX had not included certain features on some of the Insignia models, one of them being the remote window operation of course.

They appreciated my feedback, and would pass it on to higher Tech management.... Concluding.. that they may bring a update out at some point in the future. What a load of tosh. :( I think pigs will fly before this happens.:D