PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Waiting Lists

essixash
02-06-09, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering anyone whose got an Insignia or waiting for one, how long the waiting list for ur motor was???

Ash

cameron66
02-06-09, 02:53 PM
About 4 weeks for mine, depends whether you start to add any of the less than usual options. There are probably more of the Exclusiv's knocking around, as its the main big seller, hence larger number being manuactured.

Some dealers may already have what you want in stock.

BTW, dont believe some of the online cheap offers, in reality when you come to phone, and I phoned most of them, they simply dont exist at the prices advertised or anywhere near. Most are just to get YOU on the phone to them.:mad:

If going for one of the Exclusiv models, I would thoroughly recommend adding the Plus Pack which costs just £425 inc. for that you get upgraded from the 17" Steel Structure wheels to the 18" 7 Spoke Alloys and you also get the front Fog Lights which really help to set the front of the car off. I personally think that package is a must have at that price. The alloys and lights look superb especially on the darker colours. (mines Tech grey, and its look really classy imo)

essixash
02-06-09, 02:58 PM
oh yeah i know i didnt fall into that trap. Ive already ordered it just suprised at the waiting list thats all. I did order a couple of options so thats likely to hold it up so im told.

What version did u go for?

Ive ordered the 2.0 CDTi SRI NAV 4 Door in Tech Grey :) but the sight/light pack and particularly the 20" alloys are apparantly whats gonna take the time :( but the alloys are what wowed me so it wont be the same without them. Needless to say i wont be seeing an 09 reg after all as a result. Be kind of exciting to get a 59 in September though :)

PhilCavy
02-06-09, 03:12 PM
It's hard to believe that the alloys are a big problem - they should take one they''ve already made and swap the wheels - 20 minute job surely?

It took a long long time for my mum to get her Corsa, but I could understand that because she wanted an automatic.

Ian
02-06-09, 04:02 PM
im just baffled as there so many sitting about pre-made it seems,as you say i wounder if there not the spec every one wants,but you would of thought the dealers would retro fit the options,fog lights alloy etc all easly done.
i do wounder if this is abit of a promotional stunt,when you cant get it,every one wants it etc

vauxvet
02-06-09, 04:18 PM
Mine was just 14 weeks!!! Elite Nav 160cdti in Tech Grey, just had the bluetooth option.

Also came with a fault on the passanger side air bag which they have finally sorted today with a new ECU.

Now it's got to go in on Thursday for a smart repair to a scratch on the rear bumper that some stupid woman did on Saturday, she is paying for it, as she said that her DOG jumped on her lap and made her roll forward into mine!!!!!

essixash
02-06-09, 04:50 PM
It is hard to believe i know. Apparantly theres such a high demand for those alloys theyre struggling to keep up. But they'll say anything

Happy42
02-06-09, 08:00 PM
Hi Folk's,

I have the 2.0CDti 160 Nav Elite Saloon.

Went to order a pre reg 58 Elite 160 Hatch Non Nav on Feb 2nd, got told dealer had sold out and was about to leave when the manager came up and asked if I would be interested in a new car for the same price as the pre reg' model - I said keep talking :D Bluetooth was to be fitted free.

Initially told 3-4 wks but because I ordered Bluetooth was then told June !! as Mitch states - all on a previous thread!

Dealer called me late March to ask If I would liike a Saloon with Nav in Tech Grey for £250 cheaper than the non Nav I ordered ! Jumped at the chance and took collection on 28th April :D

Love it to bits, great cars and boy was I climbing the walls waiting for it ;)

Just a pity about the add on's taking so long - I'm still waiting to get the bluetooth from the dealer but the parts haven't arrived yet !!

Cheers :)

icemann3016
02-06-09, 10:00 PM
I`ve been waiting for mine almost 20 weeks. Ordered in beginning of Feb.-> Notchback 130bhp diesel, Sport trim level ( dunno how is it in britain); sat. nav, afl+ and all possible extras without leather and electrical seat moving.

essixash
03-06-09, 08:05 AM
I`ve been waiting for mine almost 20 weeks. Ordered in beginning of Feb.-> Notchback 130bhp diesel, Sport trim level ( dunno how is it in britain); sat. nav, afl+ and all possible extras without leather and electrical seat moving.

Well ive been told that mines going to take 20 weeks from time of order, i only ordered on 21st May but im not expected to get it until September, and thats at the earliest, so it could even be October

icemann3016
03-06-09, 08:49 AM
Poor you. :( Well you know... good happen slower :) The factory is overcorwded... it`s true. But there are some freaky things happening...like this: The dealer told me yesterday that in the beginning of may, another customer ordered an almost basic Insignia-> Edition trim level (levels are like that: Selection,Edition and Sport/Cosmo) with 160bhp diesel and alloy wheels only. Nothing strange so far right? The strange thing is that its coming with my car with same truck. Mine.. ordered february and his ordered may... I really don`t get how Opel organize the manufacturing but it`s too freaky in any case!

lewisburglin
03-06-09, 10:26 AM
I'd just though i'd add, Insignia orgered 1st may, expected Mid September?! SRI 160 NAV, 18" Wheels, Parkign Sensors and Bluetooth (the dreded bluetooth that adds weeks onto your order!!!lol)

Killing me waiting!:)

essixash
03-06-09, 10:58 AM
I'd just though i'd add, Insignia orgered 1st may, expected Mid September?! SRI 160 NAV, 18" Wheels, Parkign Sensors and Bluetooth (the dreded bluetooth that adds weeks onto your order!!!lol)

Killing me waiting!:)

Well mine was ordered 21st May and im looking at sept/oct, and ive got no bluetooth. Just aswell otherwise i probably wouldnt ave got it till xmas lol

Apparantly mines being held up coz i ordered the 20 inch alloys and sight/light pack

Ordered SRI 2.0 cdtI NAV aswell, I went for the 4 door in Tech Grey, what about you?

Its killing me waiting aswell, but at least it means we get the new reg plate lol

lewisburglin
03-06-09, 11:11 AM
Well mine was ordered 21st May and im looking at sept/oct, and ive got no bluetooth. Just aswell otherwise i probably wouldnt ave got it till xmas lol

Apparantly mines being held up coz i ordered the 20 inch alloys and sight/light pack

Ordered SRI 2.0 cdtI NAV aswell, I went for the 4 door in Tech Grey, what about you?

Its killing me waiting aswell, but at least it means we get the new reg plate lol

Thats true i didnt think about that 58, cool,
Mine is the SRI NAV 160 5 door in Tech Grey too. i think with whats going on overthere at the moment their just using these options as a excuse, to be fair I wouldnt be rushing about not knowing if you've got a job or not but lets just hope its not longer than september!! :)

essixash
03-06-09, 11:26 AM
Thats true i didnt think about that 58, cool,
Mine is the SRI NAV 160 5 door in Tech Grey too. i think with whats going on overthere at the moment their just using these options as a excuse, to be fair I wouldnt be rushing about not knowing if you've got a job or not but lets just hope its not longer than september!! :)

59 actually, ill screw if i wait this long and i get a sodding 58 lol

But yeah its pretty obvious that theyre using em as excuses. As everyone else says, how can an alloy wheel hold it up? u just take em off another one lol

martin99
03-06-09, 08:23 PM
Got 130 SE 2.0CDTI Nav ordered 2nd week in Feb got it 2nd week in May

essixash
03-06-09, 08:29 PM
If they work in a similar way to toyota, they don't come off the line with the wheels on them, usually are rolled out on steels they go to a prep area to have them fitted on, so untill they get stock of said item, it will sit there untill it arrives.:(:(

So my car might be being made as we speak, and then sitting somewhere on crappy steel wheels and i wont get to see a snifter of it till sept/oct :(

Ness
22-06-09, 03:39 PM
Hi
Ordered mine 30th may 09 was told mid august but seemed silly not to wait for sept 59 Plate(2.0 cdti SRi sat nav Auto ,blue tooth And sensors in Black).
Already looking at grills and idicators to change

essixash
22-06-09, 04:24 PM
Hi
Ordered mine 30th may 09 was told mid august but seemed silly not to wait for sept 59 Plate(2.0 cdti SRi sat nav Auto ,blue tooth And sensors in Black).
Already looking at grills and idicators to change

maybe mine might come quite early on in sept then :) yeah the waitings not TOO bad because we know its going to be a 59 plate. Least the wait is worthwhile

john57
05-08-09, 02:34 PM
Hi I am new to this forum and I was interested to know what is the longest wait for a Insignia to be delivered from time of order, I see some people have had several months wait.

However I ordered my Insignia Elite Auto (160 CDTI) from Motability on 31st March through Arnold Clark in Glasgow for delivery on the 6th June.

I was not told at the time that there was problems meeting delivery dates but my delivery date was put back to July, then week 32 which was the first week in August, then the start of September and a couple of weeks ago I was told it would be the end of September or October.

After contacting Bill Parfitt, the General Manager's office they now say that it should be at the dealers by the 9th of September which shall be 23 weeks after I ordered the car with Arnold Clark. Unfortunately after investigation I found out that although Arnold Clark ordered the car from Motability on 31st March, they failed to order the car from Vauxhall until 28th April. There should only be days between ordering from Motability and the Manufacturer.

It is out of order to have to wait 23 weeks for a standard car without optional extras (the auto is listed as a model by Motability) and I have just found out from the dealer that the colour that I have ordered (silver Lightning) has now been dropped for the 2010 model year and the colour has now been changed to Silver Lake, without being consulted. I cannot find any photos of a Silver Lake car other than Vauxhall's colour chart on a Fleet website.

Could someone please let me know if they have waited longer than 23 weeks and if anyone knows where I can see a Insignia in Silver Lake colour.

Cheers
John

aongoren2
05-08-09, 03:00 PM
Hi I am new to this forum and I was interested to know what is the longest wait for a Insignia to be delivered from time of order, I see some people have had several months wait.

However I ordered my Insignia Elite Auto (160 CDTI) from Motability on 31st March through Arnold Clark in Glasgow for delivery on the 6th June.

I was not told at the time that there was problems meeting delivery dates but my delivery date was put back to July, then week 32 which was the first week in August, then the start of September and a couple of weeks ago I was told it would be the end of September or October.

After contacting Bill Parfitt, the General Manager's office they now say that it should be at the dealers by the 9th of September which shall be 23 weeks after I ordered the car with Arnold Clark. Unfortunately after investigation I found out that although Arnold Clark ordered the car from Motability on 31st March, they failed to order the car from Vauxhall until 28th April. There should only be days between ordering from Motability and the Manufacturer.

It is out of order to have to wait 23 weeks for a standard car without optional extras (the auto is listed as a model by Motability) and I have just found out from the dealer that the colour that I have ordered (silver Lightning) has now been dropped for the 2010 model year and the colour has now been changed to Silver Lake, without being consulted. I cannot find any photos of a Silver Lake car other than Vauxhall's colour chart on a Fleet website.

Could someone please let me know if they have waited longer than 23 weeks and if anyone knows where I can see a Insignia in Silver Lake colour.

Cheers
John

hi john,

I ordered an insignia on 26th of march and I got it on 20th of may. I think the waiting time in uk is very long and it is not a normal delay. I ask our turkish club members if anyone knows that color and if someone replies I will write it here.

aongoren

mitch1408
05-08-09, 03:31 PM
I ordered an Elite nav hatch 160 CDTi with flexride, bluetooth and DAB. Also got the diamond brite package.

I ordered it in the first few days of July and it took them 4 WEEKS finally get the order through to the manufacturer and my salesman didnt even know it had been ordered when i rang him for a delivery date. I then got a delivery date of "October", when i went to school october was a month not a date!!

Oh well, on the plus side it will be a 59 plate! On the down side, having just read all the replies to this post it could be a late xmas present!!:eek::eek::eek:

Amos
05-08-09, 03:32 PM
I ordered in feb and got it end of may

mitch1408
05-08-09, 04:45 PM

Cheers
John

John,

Have found a few pics of insignias in Silver Lake. They are all VXRs but it gives you the idea!! ;) Hope it helps......

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57687

Mitch

cameron66
05-08-09, 06:59 PM

Cheers
John

I receive the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement and looked at the Mobility Finance Ltd prices before I bought my Insignia.

TBH I am a little surprised that anyone is paying well over £5000 upfront payment on the mobility scheme for the Elite Auto 160. Nice car though, I'm sure you will be pleased, when you eventually receive it matey.

Re. Change of colours. Yes I have been told the reason for the change of colours is because of some issues they have had on some colours. I'm informed they have changed the type of paint being used, the new colours are almost the same as previously I believe, so you should be fine with the new colour.:)

essixash
05-08-09, 09:14 PM
I ordered an Elite nav hatch 160 CDTi with flexride, bluetooth and DAB. Also got the diamond brite package.

I ordered it in the first few days of July and it took them 4 WEEKS finally get the order through to the manufacturer and my salesman didnt even know it had been ordered when i rang him for a delivery date. I then got a delivery date of "October", when i went to school october was a month not a date!!

Oh well, on the plus side it will be a 59 plate! On the down side, having just read all the replies to this post it could be a late xmas present!!:eek::eek::eek:

I know its disappointing isnt it, the only reason i havent kicked off is because at least it will be a 59 plate which will be cool. But ive only been told "September" aswell, or possibly "October" but prob sept.......... So November then lol ..............ordered on 21st May (or so they say)

Amos
06-08-09, 06:38 AM
I DO think its worth the wait its hi spec, and im over moon with mine no probs at all it knoks spot of my old vectra's and they are very good cars.

Ness
07-08-09, 04:54 PM
Ordered mine 30th may, 2.0 cdti ,sat nav ,sri , hatchback,auto,160ps
blue tooth,front and rear sensers & 18" Black sapphire, told mid August but was told might as well wait till start sept for 59 plate will be glad if i get it then (i seem to have lost a little faith in delivery dates as i read more about insignias and waiting lists) even thou i,m still looking at bits/toys for it, SAD i know.....

rosco
08-08-09, 11:45 AM
ordered mine early april, 1.6 turbo in white 20 inch alloysdealer fit tinted windows vxr pack sri nav. was due delivery in early august then mid august, the early september now im being told not a very good chance of that. getting threaders with it now as i live in germany and have to pick up the car from the uk and dont even have a chassis number yet so cant sort insurance or anything... also have been told the delay is because the factory closed for summer :confused: for all of august. anyone else heard about this and any ideas what sort of date it reopens?

rosco

john57
09-08-09, 12:51 PM
Hi Lads, Thanks for your input.

That was great, seeing the insignia in Silver Lake, Mitch, I had been trying for a week to see the colour. I see Vauxhall are now showing it on their website. You are dead right with your comment on October being a month and not a date. They seem to think that it sounds better if they can just delay the cars up to 12 times a year instead of up to 52 times a year.

Cameron, when I ordered the car through Motability the advance payment was not as high as it is now. It went up £1700 in the following Quarter, then came down £1,000 in the current Quarter, hence making a mockery of their reasoning that their car prices are based on residual values, servicing and insurance over the three years, It is all to do with how many cars (that are sitting in fields) the car manufacturer wants to shift through Motability. At the moment Vauxhall have very few cars sitting in fields, so the Motability prices are high. Being a Spina Bifida paraplegic, I need an Automatic which puts up the AP price (at the moment by £700) and I also required leather seats to make getting in and out of the car easier, hence i had to go for the elite with the high AP.

Rosco unfortunately the factory is currently shut for three weeks and will open on the 17th August. I think that they have also been laid of previously due to GM's problems. It is my guess that Vauxhall/Opel were having difficulty finding the money to pay their workers/suppliers which in turn has delayed supply of certain models.

I have been told by both Bill Parfitt's (Vauxhall Managing Director), office and Arnold Clarks (Glasgow) that the car shall be at the dealers by 9th September at the latest. Thankfully these are people I can put my trust in (Oh Yeah!). Hope you guy's who are still waiting get your cars soon and are happy with them.

Cheers
John

rosco
09-08-09, 02:30 PM
cheers for the info on factory opening date, as long as its before the 24th because im not going to travel all the way to the uk just to find out i will be left carless

cameron66
09-08-09, 03:50 PM

Cameron, when I ordered the car through Motability the advance payment was not as high as it is now. It went up £1700 in the following Quarter, then came down £1,000 in the current Quarter, hence making a mockery of their reasoning that their car prices are based on residual values, servicing and insurance over the three years, It is all to do with how many cars (that are sitting in fields) the car manufacturer wants to shift through Motability. At the moment Vauxhall have very few cars sitting in fields, so the Motability prices are high. Being a Spina Bifida paraplegic, I need an Automatic which puts up the AP price (at the moment by £700) and I also required leather seats to make getting in and out of the car easier, hence i had to go for the elite with the high AP.

Rosco unfortunately the factory is currently shut for three weeks and will open on the 17th August. I think that they have also been laid of previously due to GM's problems. It is my guess that Vauxhall/Opel were having difficulty finding the money to pay their workers/suppliers which in turn has delayed supply of certain models.

Cheers
John

The motability route is possibly the most sensible TBH, especially when you take into account residual losses especially over 3 years, and likely even more sensible with a car so new it still has the odd teething issues to be ironed out.

There may also be some truth in VX not wishing to pay out un-neccessary funds at the moment. I'm told they are only ordering the immediate parts they require to build cars they have orders for, ie. very little surplus stock to save cash. Which I suspect is the reason for the very poor supply of spares, which are taking ages to be delivered to the UK.

I dont think there will be a flow of spares into the UK at least until the takeovers have all been finalised and things have settled down and some new organisation has been put into place.

Just hope I dont end up owning a car where its impossible to get spares, so the sooner things get finalised over there the better. Waiting time for almost all Insignia spares is currently anything from 1 week to 4 weeks. So it must be costing VX a small fortune in hire car costs when cars are off the road waiting for parts.

Hope you dont have to wait too long for your car matey, and I'm sure you will love it when you do eventually receive it.

essixash
12-08-09, 09:18 AM
Supposed to be getting a more exact delivery date later today.......... getting a little excited now, bet they dont call though :(

thermalactivity
12-08-09, 04:56 PM
Im a little different as mine is a company car of which I get reminded to choose 7 months prior to my change date. I did however order the Insignia Hatchback SRi 160PS CDTI Sat Nav with 20" 5 Double Spoke alloys in Black Sapphire at the end of May and have been given a gauranteed delivery date of October 2nd as thats my change date. So 4 months wasnt too bad to wait but I knew that would be the case anyway! Only 7 weeks to go!!!!!!

lewisburglin
15-08-09, 07:10 AM
Update on mine,

160 sri nav, 18"s Park and Blue,

Ordered Mid May (i think.lol)

Into the dealers 4th Sepetember.
-)

essixash
15-08-09, 07:19 AM
Update on mine,

160 sri nav, 18"s Park and Blue,

Ordered Mid May (i think.lol)

Into the dealers 4th Sepetember.
-)

Really, nice one.....thats encouraging, i ordered mine bout same time (i also think lol) 4dr saloon 2.0 cdti SRI Nav 20"'s Sight/Light Pack, Tech Grey

Ive still not got a delivery date yet, so fingers crossed it will be soon :)

Seen tons of 59 plates advertised in the dealers now so its getting more exciting lol

lewisburglin
15-08-09, 07:43 AM
Really, nice one.....thats encouraging, i ordered mine bout same time (i also think lol) 4dr saloon 2.0 cdti SRI Nav 20"'s Sight/Light Pack, Tech Grey

Ive still not got a delivery date yet, so fingers crossed it will be soon :)

Seen tons of 59 plates advertised in the dealers now so its getting more exciting lol

20's.... I wish i'd gone for the 20's now, (not jelous at all) also wish i'd gone for the AFL as the lights give it a look of a higher standard imo. Never mind, anything will be nice when I get it!>LOL!

Fingers crossed 4 u mate in Septrember mate.

essixash
15-08-09, 07:45 AM
20's.... I wish i'd gone for the 20's now, (not jelous at all) also wish i'd gone for the AFL as the lights give it a look of a higher standard imo. Never mind, anything will be nice when I get it!>LOL!

Fingers crossed 4 u mate in Septrember mate.

Yeah from what im hearing it would ave been nice to get the AFL but i agree, anything will be good when it comes lol

essixash
16-08-09, 10:29 PM
Still waiting on a delivery date :mad:.........knew they wouldnt call back. Gonna pester them again tomorrow and see. I went past today and theres a few new cars been delivered in with 59 plates on ready for the september launch :eek: which looked cool, and made me get excited now :D lol although couldnt see any 59's that could ave been mine :( lol

mitch1408
17-08-09, 04:38 PM
Finally got a delivery DATE rather than the previous date which was october!:confused: Which is actually a month! lol Should be here 25th October! :D Cant wait and was even planning a day off work to pick it up however its a sunday so hopefully wont need to! Ordered the first week of July.

Ordered the Elite Nav 160 with flexride, DAB, Bluetooth, Diamond brite and GAP Insurance.(-(-(-

john57
17-08-09, 04:46 PM
Finally got a delivery DATE rather than the previous date which was october!:confused: Which is actually a month! lol Should be here 25th October! :D Cant wait and was even planning a day off work to pick it up however its a sunday so hopefully wont need to! Ordered the first week of July.

Ordered the Elite Nav 160 with flexride, DAB, Bluetooth, Diamond brite and GAP Insurance.(-(-(-

Great. It sounds cool.

mitch1408
17-08-09, 04:54 PM
Did they also, confirm it will be this October & not 2010??:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DONT SAY THAT!!! LOL :D:D

brummie
17-08-09, 06:02 PM
Placed an order for an Exclusive Nav 160 + Bluetooth on 31 July 2009 got a call from the Dealer saying delivery will be end of October 2009. A week later got another call saying mid October 2009, in addition to this they said they’ll try for a delivery date in September 2009.

Seeing the waiting times others have endured, I have nothing to complain about.

Ness
17-08-09, 06:03 PM
Hi
Got impatient after everyone seems to be getting some sort of delivery dates, so chased today, to be told 10th of SEPT 2009 So i have a date and not a month (so why do i still seem to expect a phone call saying that there is a further delay nearer the time) tut tut
ordered 30-04-09----delivery 10-04-09 hopefully ( time 19 weeks !!!!!)

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 06:04 PM
Just had confirmation that my Black Sapphire SRi NAV 160 with 20" alloys will be delivered to the dealers on September 11th! :) Though as its a company car on a 36 month lease I cant changeover until October 2nd so got my Astra SRi 150 for a few weeks longer :mad:

essixash
17-08-09, 06:09 PM
Now this just isnt fair, am i like the only one that still just has a month given to him and no delivery date. Im too scared to ask now incase they say ok pick up an 09 reg next week, i dont want an 09 now that 59 is so close lol im scared to chase it coz my lucks pants lol

Ness
17-08-09, 06:11 PM
Sorry should read 10-09-09 ( a bit excitied i thinks )

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 06:12 PM
Now this just isnt fair, am i like the only one that still just has a month given to him and no delivery date. Im too scared to ask now incase they say ok pick up an 09 reg next week, i dont want an 09 now that 59 is so close lol im scared to chase it coz my lucks pants lol

ask and thee shall find out!!!
then play holy hell when you receive the incorrect answer!

Ness
17-08-09, 06:14 PM
Sorry should have been 10-09-09 (a little bit excitied me thinks )

Ness
17-08-09, 06:15 PM
See Thats Three Times Now Including This One !!!!!

essixash
17-08-09, 06:15 PM
Its not gonna come that quick anyway is it? and surely they cant just give me an 09 a week or so b4 the new plate comes out unless theyve asked me b4hand if thats ok?? can they?? lol

All ive got so far is "September/October......the delivery time is estimated at the time of order and canot be guaranteed" is that a subtle way of saying "Dream on, if ur lucky santa will fetch it on his sleigh" ?

lewisburglin
17-08-09, 06:29 PM
:mad::mad::mad: So angry, what was early September (4th) i've now been told by the dealers early October?!?!?!?!?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

essixash
17-08-09, 06:32 PM
:mad::mad::mad: So angry, what was early September (4th) i've now been told by the dealers early October?!?!?!?!?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh no :( gutted aswell now, i think u ordered yours around the same time as me so i was feeling positive that yours was coming on Sept 4th. I feel a bit gutted now too lol. Sorry to hear that mate :(

lewisburglin
17-08-09, 06:36 PM
Whats going on with them?! Whats more frustrating i've been told its actually been built, so that means its sitting somewhere collecting.....err........bird poo!!

We should start a poll, who's going to get theirs first...roll up roll up!lol

essixash
17-08-09, 06:42 PM
Whats going on with them?! Whats more frustrating i've been told its actually been built, so that means its sitting somewhere collecting.....err........bird poo!!

We should start a poll, who's going to get theirs first...roll up roll up!lol

Me and u will be bottom of the poll lol

mitch1408
17-08-09, 06:47 PM
Do it, start a poll. I was told end of sept, begining of Oct its not 25th Oct so could be interesting!!-)

essixash
17-08-09, 06:49 PM
I dunno how to start a poll lol

Id be pretty gutted to have to wait tillOctober but at the same time i just want a darn date, just so i know, its hard to get excited when i know i could get it in 2 weeks or might not get it for 7 weeks etc :(

mitch1408
17-08-09, 06:52 PM
Anyone know how to start a poll to see who will get their car first?

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 06:55 PM
Anyone know how to start a poll to see who will get their car first?

can i opt out as ive a confirmed date of Friday 2nd October as i hand my old company car back then! :)

essixash
17-08-09, 07:02 PM
This will be interesting. I was hoping mine wouldnt get delayed much longer the the third of a year ive already waited lol considering the only options i ordered were sight/light pack and 20" alloys

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 07:03 PM
Id be pretty gutted to have to wait tillOctober but at the same time i just want a darn date, just so i know, its hard to get excited when i know i could get it in 2 weeks or might not get it for 7 weeks etc :(

i knew my renewal date was october 2nd 2009 when i ordered my last company car in 2006 as its a 36 month contract. when i first got a sniff of the Insignia back in October 2008 I knew I wanted one so in essence ive really waited 12 months so 7 little weeks isnt going to hurt me....grrrrrr who am i kidding! i want it NOW! :D

essixash
17-08-09, 07:06 PM
i knew my renewal date was october 2nd 2009 when i ordered my last company car in 2006 as its a 36 month contract. when i first got a sniff of the Insignia back in October 2008 I knew I wanted one so in essence ive really waited 12 months so 7 little weeks isnt going to hurt me....grrrrrr who am i kidding! i want it NOW! :D

but its not 7 weeks when uve already waited half the year for the damn thing aswell lol

Ive never had patience for anything im suprised ive stayed cool about it so long, but after seeing Insignia's round the back of the dealership with the 59 plates already on ready for the september launch its kinda got my adrenalin flowing lol

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 07:18 PM
Ive never had patience for anything

patience is a virtue! of which i havent got any of either THOUGH the good thing to come out of waiting so long is that all the recalls and camerons grumbles will hopefully be ironed out before i receive my car!! we should start a CAS (Cameron Appreciation Society) thanking him for what seems to be his receiving of a lemon...;)

thermalactivity
17-08-09, 07:51 PM
we should start a CAS (Cameron Appreciation Society) thanking him for what seems to be his receiving of a lemon...;)

in all seriousness though i hope you screw vauxhall for every penny as sounds like youve had a bit of an ordeal with your car cameron, hope it hasnt put you off what in my opinion is one of vauxhalls best designs in recent years....

lewisburglin
17-08-09, 09:21 PM
oops.

cameron66
17-08-09, 09:38 PM
Think I need to change batteries in wireless keyboard.. been flashing for a couple of days now. grammer not normally this bad...lol

john57
17-08-09, 11:34 PM
Hi
Got impatient after everyone seems to be getting some sort of delivery dates, so chased today, to be told 10th of SEPT 2009 So i have a date and not a month (so why do i still seem to expect a phone call saying that there is a further delay nearer the time) tut tut
ordered 30-04-09----delivery 10-04-09 hopefully ( time 19 weeks !!!!!)

EEE BYE GUM, Ness what I and the four yorkshiremen (from Monty Python) would give for a new Insignia in only 19 weeks. We could only dream of getting a car in less than 20 weeks. LOL.

I still have not heard of anyone who has waited 23 weeks for an Insignia and I only hope for their sake I don't hear of anyone having to wait 20 plus weeks for an Insignia.

Seriously is it not about time that the Management at Vauxhall started to give answers as to why they are running a company which seems to base the chances of customers getting a car from them, on a lottery.

If they are no longer making cars to sit in fields, but are now making cars to order, then why are their orders so out of numerical date order.

Could it be that a lot of badly run companies are now jumping on the opportunity to blame the economy on their inability to run their company.

It is now three weeks since I spoke to Bill Parfitt's ( the GM of Vauxhall) office and I am still waiting on any explanation as to why certain customers and not others, would have to wait 20 plus weeks for a car from them.

Maybe it is now time these people were accountable for misleading the public that their company is in trouble because of the downturn in the economy because they were not getting the orders for cars, instead of their inability to supply their customers, with cars, when they are getting the orders.

Ness
18-08-09, 06:54 AM
HI John57
19 weeks if they deliver on time ! Still time for "leaves on the line "
"factory holidays " "we don,t do that colour any more but didn't think to tell you " "Rubber Shortage" Blah, Blah ,Blah
Ever Hopeful Ness

rosco
18-08-09, 10:28 AM

no your not, mine was ordered in early april with an expected date of july its now verging on september and im still waiting

essixash
18-08-09, 03:27 PM
EEE BYE GUM, Ness what I and the four yorkshiremen (from Monty Python) would give for a new Insignia in only 19 weeks. We could only dream of getting a car in less than 20 weeks. LOL.

I still have not heard of anyone who has waited 23 weeks for an Insignia and I only hope for their sake I don't hear of anyone having to wait 20 plus weeks for an Insignia.

Seriously is it not about time that the Management at Vauxhall started to give answers as to why they are running a company which seems to base the chances of customers getting a car from them, on a lottery.

If they are no longer making cars to sit in fields, but are now making cars to order, then why are their orders so out of numerical date order.

Could it be that a lot of badly run companies are now jumping on the opportunity to blame the economy on their inability to run their company.

It is now three weeks since I spoke to Bill Parfitt's ( the GM of Vauxhall) office and I am still waiting on any explanation as to why certain customers and not others, would have to wait 20 plus weeks for a car from them.

Maybe it is now time these people were accountable for misleading the public that their company is in trouble because of the downturn in the economy because they were not getting the orders for cars, instead of their inability to supply their customers, with cars, when they are getting the orders.

Mine will have taken 20 and a half weeks once i get it if it comes when they say it will. Although ive been waiting since april 30th it didnt get ordered till may 21st though :mad:

essixash
18-08-09, 03:29 PM
Just been giving a delivery date :D:D:D well sort of lol

Sometime between 15th and 20th September :D thats better than "Sept/Oct"

PRO-INSIGNIA
18-08-09, 06:35 PM
If any of you have gone for the VXR pack on your Insignia's then this might be why your cars are taking longer than they should to arrive.
I was told the VXR pack is not fitted on the production line when the car is built. The car is sent somewhere else to have this pack fitted. It seems that the demand for this VXR pack is more than VX thought it would be and the company fitting the parts can't keep up with the supply of Insignias needing these bits fitted.
I believe this delayed my car by an extra 3 weeks:(
But in the end it was well worth the wait:D

Just a word of warning. If you ordered a VXR pack on your Exclusives from the Insignia 2009 Brochure version 1 it states that you will have a visable exhaust tail pipe. When mine arrived it did not have a visible exhaust tail pipe so I complained and was told that in Insignia 2009 Brochure version 2 this is not offered any more on Exclusive. Well because mine was ordered when Brochure 1 was out VX has agreed to order a visible exhaust tail pipe:D
You are entitled to get what you thought you had ordered and paying for!

lewisburglin
18-08-09, 08:03 PM
If any of you have gone for the VXR pack on your Insignia's then this might be why your cars are taking longer than they should to arrive.
I was told the VXR pack is not fitted on the production line when the car is built. The car is sent somewhere else to have this pack fitted. It seems that the demand for this VXR pack is more than VX thought it would be and the company fitting the parts can't keep up with the supply of Insignias needing these bits fitted.
I believe this delayed my car by an extra 3 weeks:(
But in the end it was well worth the wait:D

Just a word of warning. If you ordered a VXR pack on your Exclusives from the Insignia 2009 Brochure version 1 it states that you will have a visable exhaust tail pipe. When mine arrived it did not have a visible exhaust tail pipe so I complained and was told that in Insignia 2009 Brochure version 2 this is not offered any more on Exclusive. Well because mine was ordered when Brochure 1 was out VX has agreed to order a visible exhaust tail pipe:D
You are entitled to get what you thought you had ordered and paying for!

Thats very interesting, i've not ordered the VXR styling but there were quite a few changes on the SRi from MY09 to MY10, for example the electronic parking brake and infotainment controller on the nav model...and the aluminum pedals will I get these? Very eager to see what concoction i'll get!LOL

rosco
18-08-09, 08:07 PM
i got told the same thing about 20 inch wheels, white paint, and the 1.6 engine it just seems to be any excuse. last new vauxhall ill ever buy.

essixash
18-08-09, 11:25 PM
I was told same with the 20 inch wheels too

rosco
19-08-09, 07:25 AM

im due delivery in my 23rd week

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 12:47 PM
Like myself a lot of people are awaiting delivery of their Insignia soon so id urge you to check whether your order was confirmed before June 23rd 2009, as stated on the website below specification has changed on the MY10 2010 models of which cars will be built to that spec from that date.
http://www.gmukfleethub.co.uk/assets/ebulletins/VFL45422/Powerful_efficient_new_Insignia_BiTurbo_diesel.htm l

A few to note are;

.An electric parking brake is now standard on all Insignia models

.Black Sapphire and Silver Lightning exterior colours are replaced by Carbon Flash and Silver Lake, as an extra-cost option.

.Stainless steel rear bumper protector is now standard on Exclusiv, SE, Elite and SRi models and optional on S versions, priced £50.00 (inc. VAT)

.SRi, SE and Elite models fitted with 1.8i 16v and 2.0CDTi 16v (130 and 160PS) power units no longer feature visible exhaust pipes

.The rear interior door handles on SRi models now feature a black finish, replacing the previous chrome finish.

john57
20-08-09, 01:15 PM
Like myself a lot of people are awaiting delivery of their Insignia soon so id urge you to check whether your order was confirmed before June 23rd 2009, as stated on the website below specification has changed on the MY10 2010 models of which cars will be built to that spec from that date.
http://www.gmukfleethub.co.uk/assets/ebulletins/VFL45422/Powerful_efficient_new_Insignia_BiTurbo_diesel.htm l

A few to note are;

.An electric parking brake is now standard on all Insignia models

.Black Sapphire and Silver Lightning exterior colours are replaced by Carbon Flash and Silver Lake, as an extra-cost option.

.Stainless steel rear bumper protector is now standard on Exclusive, SE, Elite and SRi models and optional on S versions, priced £50.00 (inc. VAT)

.SRi, SE and Elite models fitted with 1.8i 16v and 2.0CDTi 16v (130 and 160PS) power units no longer feature visible exhaust pipes

.The rear interior door handles on SRi models now feature a black finish, replacing the previous chrome finish.

Hi

gmukfleet.co.uk have now made a couple of amendments.

The Stainless steel rear bumper protector is only on the Sport Hatch and the rear interior door handles on the SRI are still in chrome.

john57
20-08-09, 01:23 PM
Lmao, @ these waiting times, what you guys like in the maternity clinic??:D:D:D
Almost as quick as a pregnancy these waiting times eh?;);)

I would be even worse in the maternity clinic, if I found out it was not the colour that i was first expecting. LOL

(as in the change from silver lightning to silver lake).

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 01:48 PM
as in the change from silver lightning to silver lake

i cant exactly see the difference from this chart that carbon flash is to the colour i ordered black sapphire... though carbon to me sounds like a very dark gray colour and not black???

https://www.gmproductforum.co.uk/articles/1996.pdf

Ness
28-08-09, 01:09 PM
Just got a call from the dealers my car is in, made an appt to view it late afternoon to day so I can check the colour as I had ordered black sapphire so made mental note to check exhaust,interior handles,hand brake will let you know later ( if your interested ) TTFN

thermalactivity
28-08-09, 01:15 PM
Just got a call from the dealers my car is in, made an appt to view it late afternoon to day so I can check the colour as I had ordered black sapphire so made mental note to check exhaust,interior handles,hand brake will let you know later ( if your interested ) TTFN

yes id be very interested to find out if your car has any 2010MY spec changes on it. let us know the date you ordered it and the model....

Ness
28-08-09, 01:27 PM
2.0 cdti Sri nav, auto, 18", Bluetooth ,parking sensors, Black sapphire, visable exhaust
DATED ordered 30th April 2009( 17 weeks so far)

john57
28-08-09, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Ness;92582]Just got a call from the dealers my car is in, made an appt to view it late afternoon to day so I can check the colour as I had ordered black sapphire so made mental note to check exhaust,interior handles,hand brake will let you know later ( if your interested ) TTFN[/QU

That's great, that it's in. Hope it is to your satisfaction, we will all keep our fingers crossed for you (and hopefully for the rest of us and we shall all get a fault free car, with MY10 spec).

Ness
28-08-09, 05:40 PM
Hi
Just got back from the dealers has ,Electronic Handbrake,
Mutli Function Entertainment Controller,Chrome Rear Interior Handles.VISABLE EXHAUST,Arm Rest Centre Console Now Has A Sliding Cover with a phone Cradle underneath it....(any idea what phones this fits) Like sliding cover not like phone Cradle @ the moment.
COLOUR
CARBON FLASH.....Love The Colour IT LOOKS BLACK TO ME.. (PC ?)
All In All RESULT now just got to wait for DVLA to sort number plate Exchange
REMINDER CAR ORDERED WAS 2.0 CDTI (160ps)SRi NAV ,Auto ,Hatch ,18",Blue tooth,parking sensors

sorry for picture quality taken with phone !

cameron66
28-08-09, 05:47 PM
I am so pleased that you are happy with the delivered wheels matey, its always a little tense receiving a new car until your've had chance to check it over. Good result!. Lets hope all the others have a positive experience too. :)

Ness
28-08-09, 06:01 PM
Ta
Dealers have promised me this will SHINE & SPARKLE when i pick it up.....
yer Private plates had them now for about 5 years and 3 cars..ago

john57
28-08-09, 06:12 PM
Hi
Multi Function Entertainment Controller,Chrome Rear Interior Handles.VISABLE EXHAUST,Arm Rest Centre Console Now Has A Sliding Cover with a phone Cradle underneath it....(any idea what phones this fits) Like sliding cover not like phone Cradle @ the moment.
COLOUR
REMINDER CAR ORDERED WAS 2.0 CDTI (160ps)SRi NAV ,Auto ,Hatch ,18",Blue tooth,parking sensors

The car looks cool, I am glad it's came with everything and your happy with it. I notice a Silver Lake one parked in the background.

Just heard from Motability, mine is in Holland apparently (although not the sort of thing you can double check on, is it. lol). They still cant give me a date, although dealer and Vauxhall were saying the 9th September and
Motability are just saying mid September. Ive told them to tell the dealer I don't want it registered before 1st (in-case they know the chassis number) as I am not wanting to get a new car mid September and everyone thinks its second hand.

Thought the pictures looked good, the side view makes it look really long, next to the parking bay. Have fun when you get it.

lewisburglin
28-08-09, 08:01 PM
Hi
Mutli Function Entertainment Controller,Chrome Rear Interior Handles.VISABLE EXHAUST,Arm Rest Centre Console Now Has A Sliding Cover with a phone Cradle underneath it....(any idea what phones this fits) Like sliding cover not like phone Cradle @ the moment.
COLOUR

Very Glad to hear this news :-) What date did you order it Ness?

thermalactivity
28-08-09, 08:07 PM
Im over the moon for you Ness and that Carbon Flash Black definitely looks "blacker" than Black Sapphire! Im actually very pleased im getting Carbon Flash Black now, the blacker the better i say! Did they mention anything about the visible exhaust as this was supposed to be one of the 2010MY spec changes? Glad it hasnt been changed. Only 34 Days until delivery of mine now....youve got me all excited AGAIN now mate :D

Ness
28-08-09, 09:07 PM
ordered 30th april 2009

carpetmonster
30-08-09, 09:17 AM
Hi all!
Ordered my new baby on 15th June 09 and hoping to collect 26th Sept! seems like a 10 year wait. have got a vectra sri 150 cdti xp pack at the mo.
The new Insignia will be a 160 cdti exclusiv Nav ecoflecx, one of the first ones i think.
Im having the posh xenon lights, sat nav, front and rear sensors, 240v socket in rear and bluetooth kit.
Car is gonna be Olympic white, and the dealer is arranging limo black windows which will look fab. Not having front fogs, but the vacant area is gonna be home to 2 or 3 custom fit super white LED strips which will fit just right!
The icing on the cake is a £1500 Alpine install including PHX650 soundprocessor which flattens the factory signal into a pure signal to feed a pdx5 5channel alpine amp which will feed the alpine components in sound deadened front and rear doors, and a type R sub which is going in a custom built fibreglass back on left hand side of boot! (hatch)
Sub is going to have a laser-etched alpine logo on a perspex speaker grill, backlit by blue LED. will hopefully bring the final product to one of the shows for all to see and hear!

cameron66
30-08-09, 06:14 PM
Hi all!
Ordered my new baby on 15th June 09 and hoping to collect 26th Sept! seems like a 10 year wait. have got a vectra sri 150 cdti xp pack at the mo.
The new Insignia will be a 160 cdti exclusiv Nav ecoflecx, one of the first ones i think.
Im having the posh xenon lights, sat nav, front and rear sensors, 240v socket in rear and bluetooth kit.
Car is gonna be Olympic white, and the dealer is arranging limo black windows which will look fab. Not having front fogs, but the vacant area is gonna be home to 2 or 3 custom fit super white LED strips which will fit just right!
The icing on the cake is a £1500 Alpine install including PHX650 soundprocessor which flattens the factory signal into a pure signal to feed a pdx5 5channel alpine amp which will feed the alpine components in sound deadened front and rear doors, and a type R sub which is going in a custom built fibreglass back on left hand side of boot! (hatch)
Sub is going to have a laser-etched alpine logo on a perspex speaker grill, backlit by blue LED. will hopefully bring the final product to one of the shows for all to see and hear!

As you are having the Exclusiv, are you not having the Plus Pack to get the alloy wheels, the Pack consists of the larger size alloys and the front fogs which do improve the looks at the front, for £425 its a must have, or is your dealer removing the fogs afterwards to fits your Led mods..(-

Very Strange order you have put in! (- Sounds like all the kit will be worth more than the car.(-

carpetmonster
30-08-09, 06:38 PM
i thought long and hard about the plus pack but as i do mega high mileage i eat at least 8 tyres a year, and the thought of paying an extra 65 quid a time 8 times a year was a little too much just for the cosmetics of it!
also im kinda guessing that the xenon headlights will far out-power the fogs, making them a sort of silly add on or am i wrong? the led kits will look fab neatly tucked into the trim grooves, an ideal alternative i think.
i do like to be a bit individual, im guessing my motor will pretty much be unique!

essixash
30-08-09, 06:42 PM
i thought long and hard about the plus pack but as i do mega high mileage i eat at least 8 tyres a year, and the thought of paying an extra 65 quid a time 8 times a year was a little too much just for the cosmetics of it!
also im kinda guessing that the xenon headlights will far out-power the fogs, making them a sort of silly add on or am i wrong? the led kits will look fab neatly tucked into the trim grooves, an ideal alternative i think.
i do like to be a bit individual, im guessing my motor will pretty much be unique!

think that sounds likje a really good idea mate, and sounds like a nice add on. Although think i would opt for some alloys along the way

cameron66
30-08-09, 08:59 PM

I agree those Xenons should be quite good, I only had the fogs because it enhances the front appearance, I've not used them yet, other than a few seconds to see what they were like, I think its illegal to have them on unless its foggy... even the fronts on their own I think is illegal. I agree the tyres on the wide alloys are quite pricy, and in any event you will find that your ride comfort will be better for not going for the larger alloys.
Fitting those leds sounds quite a nice idea, have to puts some pics up once your get it all sorted.(-