PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Rear Bumper Securing Bolts ?

cameron66
07-06-09, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know whats involved in removing the rear bumper.?

Well not so much as remove, but locating which bolts I may need to get access to, in order to re-align the rear bumper a little better.

I had some VX rear sensors (AutoWatch one's I think) fitted by the dealer recently, and I notice that the alignment with the body panel is not brilliant.
ie. about 3mm gap at the top and about 1mm at bottom, and is a bit noticable, if its a really simple job which I suspect it is, I can do it myself, otherwise I shall have phone him up so he can fix it, just trying to save the hasstle of going back again.

essixash
07-06-09, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know whats involved in removing the rear bumper.?

Well not so much as remove, but locating which bolts I may need to get access to, in order to re-align the rear bumper a little better.

I had some VX rear sensors (AutoWatch one's I think) fitted by the dealer recently, and I notice that the alignment with the body panel is not brilliant.
ie. about 3mm gap at the top and about 1mm at bottom, and is a bit noticable, if its a really simple job which I suspect it is, I can do it myself, otherwise I shall have phone him up so he can fix it, just trying to save the hasstle of going back again.

id take it back, if they havent done it that well they should put it right, that way if they damage it theyre liable, if u damage it ud have to pay for a repair/replacement

cameron66
08-06-09, 03:42 AM
Your'e both right of course, will take it back this week, should only take a few minutes to re-align. The bumpers on my Vec-C were a doddle to remove, or to re-align, but AYS I should'nt have to do it myself.

Have had to return so many times with this Insignia, I'm spending more time at the stealers than at home.:D It's getting embarassing.:(

martin99
08-06-09, 07:21 PM
Yep - take it back-)

iangte
08-06-09, 07:32 PM
take it back and complain might get a free service out of it

Happy42
12-06-09, 08:08 PM
Yip,

All been said, stand your ground and make the dealer fix :)

Cheers

cameron66
19-06-09, 09:35 AM
Rear bumper now aligned to my satisfaction. :)

I asked the dealer to also re-align the drivers side join on front bumper when it went in on Monday for other minor jobs, and it looked okay when I had it back, but I notice its moved back out of line again where it joins the body. So I'll put it back on the list again the next time it goes in.

cameron66
21-06-09, 12:53 PM
Seems our german colleagues are also having quite a few Insignia issues, with quite a few posting on their forums. Though you will need to use google to transalate.

This is a picture of one of the posters bumper issues.

http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/mangelhafte-verarbeitung-g1605385/bild2-i202867158.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dopel%2Binsignia%2Bforum%26hl%3Den%26r ls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjPViL6g8HYRx7WBb4lFSfB4Yyuew

martin99
21-06-09, 03:55 PM
Followed link and saw C&A advertising :eek:

cameron66
21-06-09, 04:10 PM
Followed link and saw C&A advertising :eek:

Hmmm... strange. Just clicked link again and it came up okay even when I refreshed it to force a reload.

Anyway, there's quite a bit of info and feedback on the

www.motor-talk.de insignia forums.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/opel-insignia-b716.html&ei=vBQ-SqvRENKZjAfy-4UY&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dopel%2Binsignia%2Bforum%26hl%3Den%26r ls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US

martin99
21-06-09, 08:18 PM
Sorry for the confusion ! :confused:

The C&A advert was above the Insignia pics - just found it funny to see them still alive in Europe :)

cameron66
22-06-09, 04:04 PM
No problem matey, it's me! I get confused all the time these days.:D Just passed pension age.:)

One thing is certain, quite a few of those guys on that german forum appear to have some issues, with some experiencing the same issue's I've had.

I suppose its one of the downsides of buying a car thats not been out very long, ie. still ironing out problems. Though in fairness fortunately most of mine are easily fixed or getting fixed slowly.

Just had my number plates off, and warmed them sufficiently to bow them to shape slightly so they fitted on the car better..lol. As you may have guessed, yep I am a bit fussy, though personally I dont think so... I just like things right! especially considering the price one has to pay when buying new.
IMO, It should be perfect.