PDA

View Full Version : Automatic door locking

Mr Elite
07-06-09, 09:17 PM
Insignia Elite - non sat nav
Hi - This is probably quite obvious and I am having a thick moment, but, can anyone tell me how to turn on automatic door locking when driving off?
The handbook says it is in the vehicle personalisation menu but whatever I try I just cant do it.

cameron66
08-06-09, 04:16 AM
I'm told these features you mention, including closing/opening windows from the remote keyfob only works when all 4 electric windows are fitted.

I've opened a case with VX customer support regarding this, but on translating one of the german Insignia forums where there is lots of information and many postings from german Insignia users on this same subject. It seems none of these functions work when only the 2 front electric windows are fitted. This is also what my dealer has told me too.
Not good at all! :mad:

I'm not happy with VX over this, as a disabled person I used to find the option to remotely close windows was very useful, and dont know why they dropped it on the 2 powered window versions, as it does'nt really save them a single penny. Hopefully, if they later come out with updated software they may enable it.

Quite a few features mentioned in the manual don't appear to have been included especially on the Exclusiv range, but its seems from users, that some options are missing even on the more expensive models too.

One would have thought after six months however, that updates would have been issued if they were going to fix it, so dont hold your breath.:(

When I asked the dealer if all the recalls had been done on the car when I collected it just over a week ago he said that there was'nt any.
Yet according to german users they said there had been 2 so far, one was for the door seals on passenger side, (water leaking into car) and something else which I forget what it was, I can only assume recent models don't have these issues..:confused: Or UK dealers just dont know!.

Mr Elite
08-06-09, 06:47 AM
Hi
Thanks for the answers.
I had read through cameron66's thread and my car has 4 electric windows that work fine from the key fob remotely as did my Vectra Design.
I shall be taking it to the dealers today and post the reply later.

cameron66
08-06-09, 07:53 AM
Insignia Elite - non sat nav
Hi - This is probably quite obvious and I am having a thick moment, but, can anyone tell me how to turn on automatic door locking when driving off?
The handbook says it is in the vehicle personalisation menu but whatever I try I just cant do it.

I notice you state the Elite model comes with all 4 electric windows, if so then I believe this option should work, have you checked in your configuration settings to see if this option is mentioned and if so, is it enabled? (sounds obvious I know, but I had to ask..lol) Note. Many of the options only show when the Ignition is on.

It does appear from feedback from various Insignia users that VX appear to have not included many of the options mentioned in the manual, depending on the model.

kevinfourlegs
08-06-09, 12:42 PM
Had this on me bmw 7 series. I'd park up up and walk away from the car with the windows open.

Lost count of the times I had 'excuse me your windows are open'. No they aren't. They look back at the car and the windoqs would have closed.

Good toy that.

Mr Elite
08-06-09, 04:47 PM
Ok, took it to the dealer this morning and they had no idea.
They called VX who tried to check if it was supposed to do it and finally said that if it did not appear in the "comfort settings" menu then it is not supposed to do it and not available on the Elite.
If this feature is in the handbook then I would like to know what model does it.

The Vevtra I had previously did this by pressing the lock button on the dash while pressing the key fob. The Insignia only seems able to use a menu system.

kevinfourlegs
08-06-09, 04:51 PM
I would have thought that an 'elite' model would have it. Usually top spec them aren't they?

cameron66
08-06-09, 09:46 PM
Ok, took it to the dealer this morning and they had no idea.
They called VX who tried to check if it was supposed to do it and finally said that if it did not appear in the "comfort settings" menu then it is not supposed to do it and not available on the Elite.
If this feature is in the handbook then I would like to know what model does it.

The Vevtra I had previously did this by pressing the lock button on the dash while pressing the key fob. The Insignia only seems able to use a menu system.

Yes, My old Vectra-c did too. It seems the Insignia is a lesser equiped car.:mad: (in some area's anyway)

I would have thought this option would have come under the 'Vehicle Settings' menu in the 'Power Door Locks' section, or in the 'Remote Lock,Lock,Unlock' options somewhere.

Many of the options listed in the manual, ie. things which the basic Vec-c's did are not included on my Insignia.. not good at all!.

icemann3016
10-06-09, 05:21 AM
I have another question. When you hold the lock button on remote key except locking the car the windows go up. BUT why does not the mirrors fold? In the manual is said that there should be Comfort & Convenience menu in the Vehcicle Settings, but I have only Comfort and inside there should be options like chime volume, mirror folding, mirror tilt in reverse etc. I have only for chime volume. Why this happened? I asked the dealer yesterday and i`ve been told that the question will be forwarded to GM Southeast Europe which means to have an answer in few years. I hope you can do it faster :) I forgot to mention that my Insignia is Sport trim level with Navi / Sri Nav for VX i think/

Mr Elite
10-06-09, 05:58 AM
I have another question. When you hold the lock button on remote key except locking the car the windows go up. BUT why does not the mirrors fold? In the manual is said that there should be Comfort & Convenience menu in the Vehcicle Settings, but I have only Comfort and inside there should be options like chime volume, mirror folding, mirror tilt in reverse etc. I have only for chime volume. Why this happened? I asked the dealer yesterday and i`ve been told that the question will be forwarded to GM Southeast Europe which means to have an answer in few years. I hope you can do it faster :) I forgot to mention that my Insignia is Sport trim level with Navi / Sri Nav for VX i think/

My Elite does have mirror tilt in reverse and mirror folding when you hold the lock on the fob - both were in the Comfort & Convenience menu.

cameron66
10-06-09, 11:56 AM
As you will see in other thread regarding my query to VX customer support regarding window operation via the remote key fob, I received a phone call today from them, and they stated after checking with their technical people, that all models of the Insignia have this option, and should work as stated in the manual, he also said that the auto locking features work on all models too, or at least should do.

I asked them to relay that information to my dealer which they agreed to do, stating they will get back to me again once the issue is corrected by the dealer. Hope they inform the dealer how to fix it!...LOL

Its obvious that VX have some issues with different software versions on some cars. Looks to me like VX need to recall some models to have software updates carried out.

Mr Elite
10-06-09, 09:23 PM
Thanks Cameron I shall be visiting my dealers soon!

Happy42
12-06-09, 08:06 PM
Hi,

At least we see some progress from VX, well done guys.

I had my Elite in yesterday for a loose cable which was fixed, and asked if my car could be checked for recalls.

They were aware of both types of recalls and their system informs them of any outstanding recalls on your car when they enter your car details.

Early built cars are the ones being recalled and the late built cars are uptodate before they leave the factory.

Cheers :)

icemann3016
14-06-09, 06:12 AM
Opel made a vehicle recall. Yesterday the dealer called me. It seems that ost of the last series of cars with DVD Navi got another software, not the designed one for these systems. I`ll visit Opel dealer in wednsday and give a feedback to you.

aongoren2
26-06-09, 05:58 AM
are there any 'good' news about auto door locking issue?
we also could not find out to do it in Turkey...

cameron66
26-06-09, 09:05 AM
Nothing so far.

Dealer still maintains its model specific. Maybe if a few owners contacted VX/Opel regarding these basic features not working we may get some action.

I shall be ringing VX again regarding these issues, but the more people that do this, the better chance we have of getting a software update released.

Otherwise, dont hold your breath, we will have to accept the fact they dont work on these cars, or ever will. :(

icemann3016
26-06-09, 12:27 PM
Tricky, it seems that the mirror folding, auto locking and other options are only available on Cosmo trim level/ Elite/. I wonder why Sport /SRi/has no such options :mad:

Mr Elite
26-06-09, 03:28 PM
Tricky, it seems that the mirror folding, auto locking and other options are only available on Cosmo trim level/ Elite/. I wonder why Sport /SRi/has no such options :mad:

I have an Elite with no door locking!

icemann3016
29-06-09, 12:59 PM
I have an Elite with no door locking!

Euh, i got self owned

higgsy
18-11-10, 07:00 PM
can anyone help me out. My friend has just got a 60 plate SRI NAV 160 CDTI (500 navi) and in the menu there is an auto lock function as well as a few other menu options. Has anyone had their cars software updated recently that allows them to use auto lock function (can it be done). my car is a late 09 (59 plate with electronic hand brake) with the 800 navi

mitch1408
21-11-10, 07:28 PM
I have recently had a software update and it has the auto locking feature, however believe this isnt the "anti hijack" feature we all want. I believe this locks the car after 5 mins if you forget when you leave it! Sounds good but has the downside of if youleave your keys in and it locks your screwed!!

higgsy
22-11-10, 08:12 PM
the auto lock on the other car locks the doors within 5 seconds or i guess about 15 mph the audio volume is a little scale in the bottom right of the screen so it doesnt completely cover the map. nice little updates tbh