PDA

View Full Version : More small issues with this Insignia than any previous car

cameron66
10-06-09, 05:18 PM
Well my Insignia is booked in at the dealers on Monday for various work to be carried out.

1. Re-align rear bumper after rear parking sensors fitted last week.

2. Re-align front bumper, as one side looks like its dropped since I've had it, large gap and the clips holding the sides in place are plainly visible due to the size of the body gap.

3. Atempt to find out why the electric windows dont work as they should from the Keyfob. VX state it should work on all models, and have notified the dealer to this effect.

4. abnormal noise from 1.8VVT engine on tickover, like a slight drumming sound, also roar noise similar to exhaust manifold blowing when pedal depressed more than a third when pulling.

This engine noise seems to have started about 2 days after receiving the car, when we first heard it was when we had pulled up at a junction, and in fact my wife and I at first thought there was a helicopter above us. Unfortunately it was coming from the engine area, we pulled over, stopped the engine, and after 5 mins restarted it, and the noise was far lesss severe though still slightly audible, and its made those noises ever since. I was going to leave it a little longer until it was fully run in, but the wfe commented a few times when out in the car about the noise, saying that cannot be right, and if she noticed it then it must be bad..lol

Its certainly looking like this was a friday afternoon car. :( Buying this car is not turning out to be a good experience so far. :(

andyace
10-06-09, 08:05 PM
Depending on how long you have had the car, reject it and either get a replacement or your dough back.

The same law applies even if it is a toaster or a car. If you have got these problems now, in two years time they will use the time honoured 'fair wear and tear' routine.

Good Luck

martin99
10-06-09, 08:39 PM
Give it back to the dealer - demand he fixes everything and get a repalcement equal car from them while they do the work. The dealer will bill it back to VX anyway.

Good luck:(

cameron66
11-06-09, 08:15 AM
Well since the OP, in addition to other issues on this car, the front bumper has now decided to drop, at least on the drivers side. A large gap has appeared where it joins with the body, so large is the gap infact, that the clips which hold the 2 together are plainly visible.:mad:

To top it all off, the dealer does not have a courtesy car, first available date with a courtesy car is the 22rd June, (hope to be away then) so they are dropping me off back home on monday and picking me up later in the day.
:(
Not proving to be a good experience at all!:(

cameron66
11-06-09, 09:02 AM
Get Or insist on the "demo" car:D:D
I wouldn't be happy being without.:(

Since I posted I rang the sales manager to put him in the picture, and he said I could have one of the salesmans Insignia's for the day so that's something. Hopefully, them having the car for a day will get these issues fixed. (fingers crossed..lol)
I've been lucky with VX cars in the past, last 3 vehicles were bought brand new and never had to go back once, other than when servicing, this is the first one that's had issues.

Melbury
11-06-09, 06:12 PM
Get Or insist on the "demo" car:D:D
I wouldn't be happy being without.:(

I never knew about windows to operate from key-fob ( will investigate ).
As for engine noise, what I have with my 1.8 is some resonance from the exhaust at times on acceleration but I find it tolerable and have previously
experienced exactly the same tone with a Mitsubishi Carisma.
I have the parking sensors front and rear and no trouble there.
My main gripe is the non DAB radio.
I suppose my car was a Wednesday job maybe!:)

kevinfourlegs
11-06-09, 08:03 PM
This reminds me of me dad. When we were ankle biters me dad Vauxhall after Vauxhall.

Then he had a bad one. In August '81 he had a Subaru.

Didn't have it long. I think it was late '82 or early '83 he switched to Ford.

Ever since then he has stuck witb the blue oval. He has no immediate plans to veer away from them.

One bad car, and its put him off Vauxhalls.

Happy42
12-06-09, 07:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues with the Insignia - poor show VX

Keep a note of all the issues and when / who you spoke to may come in handy if it all goes wrong.

Good luck

Cheers

icemann3016
14-06-09, 06:22 AM
Thats reallly intresting. Some ppl can`t operate windows from keyfob.. i can, but other can operate the mirrors floding, and i can`t. I think VX/Opel just tried to push the car asap on market so they can gain money..and fix the software bugs later on.In times of crisis that can be accepted in some cases...but the strange thing is that every customer has different problem with his Insignia, it is not similar to all, and that`s scary!

cameron66
15-06-09, 07:03 PM
Picked up the car this afternoon, and its like a different car, at least as far as the engine is concerned. They have fixed that annoying roaring noise that was coming from the engine area whenever you pressed the accelerator more that a quarter way down.
They seem to have spent quite a bit of time resolving this, mentioning and securing the airbox, also stopped bad resonance noise that was coming from the exhaust system when pulling up a slight gradient. (on load)
Silence is golden! :)
Also stated they had tightened up the brake master cyclinder for some reason, brakes seemed fine to me, though I notice that pedal goes down less before brakes come on now.

They have re-aligned rear bumper and it is now quite a decent fit. They also said they had re-aligned front bumper on drivers side as I thought the body gap seemed a little excessive.
It still has a small gap of about 1mm, but is slightly better than previously (I think), maybe a issue on some bumpers due to tollerances as I dont think there are adjustments one can make to the sides, ie. they just clip in... dont they?

The outer audio surround which was scratched/marked when I collected the car new is still on order and will be replaced when it arrives.

Finally, the issue regarding why windows wont work from keyfob, even though VX say that feature should be present on ALL models is still on-going which I knew it would be, as only a software update can fix that, which I believe Vx will update shortly. (Hopefully);)

At least they managed to fix some of my issues, especially that annoying noise from the exhaust, it's made driving the car a much more pleasurable experience.

The courtesy car I've used today was a diesel Tourer, and was a little surprised how loud these Insignia diesel's sound, especially on tickover ect. seems a little louder than my old 1.9cdti 150 IMO.
It had around 1250 miles on it, and I noted that the average MPG was only showing 35.8 which did'nt seem that good to me, especially as my own 1.8VVT is currently showing 32.7mpg and thats just local use, (light on pedal though) its not been on the motorway or a long run since I've had it yet.
I would have thought they would have been a little quieter than the vec-c diesels.

In conclusion then, we are awaiting on VX to supply to dealers a updated software fix, as it seems many customers are complaining about features that should be working on their Insignia's, do not work.
The saga continues! all we can do is wait on VX doing something.

Thanks for the support/comments guys, I do feel less unhappy now...:D:D:D

martin99
16-06-09, 08:35 PM
Glad to see things are starting to get sorted :D

With regard to the noise of the oil burner yes they are a tad loud. :o I have just gone thru' the 4000 miles mark and found it is getting louder :eek:

Down to 78% oil life so might hold off til it's service.

Started up today and had all the warning lights go beserk :eek::eek::eek: Switched off and re-started all back to normal :rolleyes:

PhilCavy
17-06-09, 03:25 PM
With cars being built by robots these days you shouldn't get "Friday afternoon" cars any more, but maybe the robots are so inteligent these days that even they look forward to the weekend!

cameron66
17-06-09, 04:06 PM
With cars being built by robots these days you shouldn't get "Friday afternoon" cars any more, but maybe the robots are so inteligent these days that even they look forward to the weekend!

LOL... Yep I forgot they are built by robots these days. I'd imagine bumpers and exhaust system are still fastened on by humans, so cant blame the robot. :D

Most of the issue's I had are being sorted slowly, engine is running as it should now, and is now very quiet indeed at all revs.
We had a lovely drive up through the Wye Valley and Brecon to Merthyr Tydfil yesterday, and the car drove superbly, a nice day out.

Happy42
17-06-09, 08:36 PM
Hey Great News - Progress :D

Cheers :)