PDA

View Full Version : No Radio Code on Passcard. ?

cameron66
20-06-09, 04:52 PM
Anyone else noticed that the Passcard on the Insignia does not show a code for the radio/cd. At least it does not on my Exclusivv model.

So I don't know if VX have dropped the coding of the radio/cd units. ? :confused:

Anyone fancy checking their Passcard to see if you have Radio code listed on yours or not.... cheers.:)

2.0 vectra
20-06-09, 05:37 PM
apparently radio's don't need to be coded anymore , something to do with them being programmed to the car they are fitted to , just means that the radio will not work in another car unless it is done by tech 2 .

cameron66
20-06-09, 07:45 PM
apparently radio's don't need to be coded anymore , something to do with them being programmed to the car they are fitted to , just means that the radio will not work in another car unless it is done by tech 2 .

It was just a observation on my part, and your answer confirms what I suspected, but not sure, thanks for clarifying... much appreciated.:)

PhilCavy
22-06-09, 02:12 PM
And what happens when the car and radio are 15 or 20 years old? It doesn't bear thinking about.

2.0 vectra
22-06-09, 05:40 PM
it will be gone long before then anyway , when the car is about 8 years old & the canbus throws a fit , oops .