PDA

View Full Version : Faulty passenger window

lufc
24-06-09, 09:46 PM
My new Insignia has now been back to supplying garage (Ballyrobert Mallusk and Bangor) 9 times, yes 9 times and they still cant fix the problem. The window will not come down, but occassionally does but then wont go up again. so far they have (so they tell me) replaced the motor twice, the switch, the body control module and checked the wiring several times. I have had 19 hours off work deliverying and retrieving the car and they have now had it for the past three days and have given me a hire car.

Progress or what? In the good old days it was just a mechanical winder or two wires to a motor broken by a switch.
Does anybody build anything with any quality nowadays? OR do dealers actually give a ****?

cameron66
24-06-09, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear that you too are having issues with your new Insignia, not good at all. Never had any problem whatsoever with previous 3 new vauxhalls I've had, this is the first one I've had to keep going back to get things fixed.

I suppose cars are getting quite complicated and technical these days with more to go wrong, and possibly we are in the minority, with most buyers having good experiences I assume.
Due to the fact the Insignia is a totally new model, dealer mechanics are having to re-educate, and possibly get conversant with the model, though it has been out 6 months now.

Your problems remind me of a VW Polo I bought new many years ago which had to go in several times to sort out a problem with the wipers, they would start up on their own and I could'nt turn them off, even on a sunny day.
Took them ages to sort it out.

Anyway matey I hope they resolve your window issues... 9 times eh.. that's quite a lot of chances to fix it. I thought I was having it rough.:(

aongoren2
25-06-09, 05:55 PM
may be it is about the software that they load to our cars.
try to upgrade it with the new release.
sorry for your faulty in your new insignia...

lufc
25-06-09, 07:13 PM
Got my Insignia back today after they found the fault was a broken cable going to passenger door, simple to find and fix but it took over 9 visits and 13 days. They are going to pay for my insurance changeover costs for courtesy car but I will expect more from VX customer care.

BTW.. asked when picking it up about closure of windows using key fob, "yes it should work with the latest programming of my body control unit" he said...

OH NO IT DOES'NT, I HAVE CHECKED, there are no settings and the line in the manual does state "specification" so it is model dependent.

Anyway back on the road again, let's hope that is all for while.

cameron66
26-06-09, 09:42 AM
BTW.. asked when picking it up about closure of windows using key fob, "yes it should work with the latest programming of my body control unit" he said...

OH NO IT DOES'NT, I HAVE CHECKED, there are no settings and the line in the manual does state "specification" so it is model dependent.

Anyway back on the road again, let's hope that is all for while.

Glad to hear they have finally fixed the window issue for you, must have been really bad not being able to open and close the things. I assume it must have had a intermittent break in the cable, as I would have thought they would have checked the continuity with a meter quite early in the diagnostic stage. Having said that, I notice that technicians these days seem to lack basic common sense skills. ie. If the fault is not self evident, and hitting them in the face, they dont want to know, or dont have a clue.

Re. operating the windows from the keyfob. Yes dealers are saying its model specific, ie. (only works when 4 electric windows fitted)

AYK I rang Vx customer support to get a definitive answer whether they should or not work, and they stated that remote window function should work across the whole model range.

So it sounds to me like they dont know anything about their own product! If VX had stated that it simply did not work on that model, that would be end of story, but they said it should work! When its obvious that it does'nt and never will, unless its enabled in a future software update. Which I suspect will not happen.

jackrs
27-06-09, 09:07 AM
This is the wiring diagram for the windows. Its not that complicated so i cant see why they cant fix it.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/424/insigniawindows.jpg
Shot at 2009-06-27