PDA

View Full Version : 2.0i 16v Turbo Petrol Comsumption

Geoff
26-06-09, 06:20 PM
I've been saying on the Newbies page that the mpg on my Sports Tourer with the the 2.0i 16v Turbo Petrol is disappointing. I've now done 1800 miles, and just done a trip of 344.7 miles Reading - Skegness, bit of driving around, and then back to fill up at Brackley. It used 55.60 litres, which is 12.232 gallons, so that's 28.18 mpg. And speedo is over-reading by about 4% (checked with SatNav and radar speed signs on A43), so mpg is probably really only 27.05 mpg. Pathetic for a 2.0 litre petrol engine - I thought the turbo was supposed to make it green!!

Also, engine is sluggish on pull away, and too easy to stall. Maybe my engine needs a tweak at the dealers. Would appreciate knowing what others are getting with this engine.

Had a Signum before. I wish I had that 2.2 Ecotec in my Insignia - 34 mpg and very responsive.

Geoff
06-07-09, 02:23 PM
Car was checked over pretty thoroughly by Eden Vauxhall, inc emissions and for fuel leaks, but NFF. It seems that 25-28 mpg is as good as it gets with the 2.0i Turbo.

There are many good reasons for buying an Insigia, but fuel economoy is clearly not one of them.