anda_d
28-06-09, 06:11 PM
Might be worth checking to see if this is a common fault :eek:

lewisburglin
28-06-09, 06:19 PM
I know doesn't fill me with confidence on such a new car! :eek:

lewisburglin
28-06-09, 06:23 PM
Apparently it started in the brakes but not got a 100% defo answer on that.

martin99
28-06-09, 08:32 PM
wow - it certainly seemed to take well :eek::eek::eek::eek:

icemann3016
29-06-09, 09:53 AM
Holy ****! Oh my god.

cameron66
29-06-09, 02:01 PM
It's not looking good is it.

OT.and apologise in advance for my ramblings.

TBH my wife thinks because of all the various issues weve had with our Insignia, she says she would feel happier if we dropped it, and bought something else.

Serously thinking about putting the extra ££ and getting myself a late second hand series 3 BMW, shall have to see. I'm in late sixties so might treat myself, especially as it may well be my last car.

My Insignia seems quite heavy on fuel, highest average I've achieved is 31mpg, its currently showing 26.2 on this last tankful. (about 400 per tank of fuel) and I have a very light foot. Also the starter motor has now decided to make funny noises when starting the car, sounds like its not dis-engaging properly. It's already due to go back in again to have a noisy vent valve replaced when they get one come in. (its on order)

One thing is certain, I would definately not recommend the Insignia 1.8 to anyone, its just not powerful enough for a car this size and weight, plus the fuel economy is poor too, due to the fact you have to work the engine so hard especially up hills etc.

martin99
29-06-09, 08:19 PM

TBH my wife thinks because of all the various issues weve had with our Insignia, she says she would feel happier if we dropped it, and bought something else.

Serously thinking about putting the extra ££ and getting myself a late second hand series 3 BMW, shall have to see. I'm in late sixties so might treat myself, especially as it may well be my last car.

My Insignia seems quite heavy on fuel, highest average I've achieved is 31mpg, its currently showing 26.2 on this last tankful. (about 400 per tank of fuel) and I have a very light foot. Also the starter motor has now decided to make funny noises when starting the car, sounds like its not dis-engaging properly. It's already due to go back in again to have a noisy vent valve replaced when they get one come in. (its on order)

One thing is certain, I would definately not recommend the Insignia 1.8 to anyone, its just not powerful enough for a car this size and weight, plus the fuel economy is poor too, due to the fact you have to work the engine so hard especially up hills etc.

Blimey mate you are having a rough time with this one - I know how you feel regarding just walking away especially with the wife not happy either :eek:

essixash
01-07-09, 10:13 AM

and can u believe they have now started offering this Insignia in a 1.6........a 1.6??? thats ridiculous on a car that size

essixash
01-07-09, 10:15 AM
and late 60s? last car? u joking? my grandads just bought a camper van and a couple of years ago he bought a ford galaxy which hes still got, he's 85 next month lol

Geoff
01-07-09, 11:53 AM
Looking at that vid i'd say that was a fuel leak that started that & not off the brakes!!:eek::eek::eek:

Get your Insignias checked folks!!:(:(:(

I've got poor fuel consumption on my Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0i Petrol Turbo. It's now booked into dealers next Monday for a check, but thier initial reaction was if there are no fault warnings showing, there's probably nothing they can do. I'll now tell them about Insignia fire and possibility of fuel leaks.

cameron66
01-07-09, 01:38 PM
I've got poor fuel consumption on my Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0i Petrol Turbo. It's now booked into dealers next Monday for a check, but thier initial reaction was if there are no fault warnings showing, there's probably nothing they can do. I'll now tell them about Insignia fire and possibility of fuel leaks.

That is one of the problems with all dealers these days, not just VX dealers, AYS if they don't see a fault code they dont want to know, unless the symptoms are so obvious and hitting them in the face it gets dismissed.

They seem to lack the old fashioned 'Good Old Common Sense' approach to diagnosing faults.

I happened to comment to the dealer the other day when they rang to book my car in for a couple of jobs, that I was also occasionally getting a weird noise from the starter motor, like its not dis-engaging properly when the engine starts, and mentioned that it seemed to do it most often when first started in the morning. As soon as I said that, they said they would need to have the car overnight so they could test it first thing in the morning.

The starter motor is not exactly rocket science, and will come off after removing a couple of bolts, the gear or solenoid which engages when you turn the key is obviously sticking, and would probably only take a few minutes to fix. But no! they wont do anything unless they can physically hear it or see it themselves. Which can be a bit of a Bu***r if you have a intermittant fault.

However, thats how things are now done in 2009, people with good diagnostic skills seem to be very rare indeed. Which is probably why it took one of the members on here 9 visits before the dealer fixed his faulty electric windows.

vaxcavvy1
07-07-09, 09:40 PM
if i remember rightly didnt vax have a problem with the corsa abs sensors setting them on fire wile parked on the drive i hope this dosent become the case on the insignias as my dads thinking of getting 1 to rplace his 3rd vectra

this is also a reson for me having old cars because there so much easyer and enjoyable to work on saying that i havnt had to do anythink to the cavvy yet lol