PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Mat Clips

SimonIG10
05-07-09, 11:42 AM
On my Insignia there are what can only be described as plastic buttons on the floor which the mats clip onto. This is fine on the drivers side as the mats the leasing company supplied have the clips fitted. However on the passenger side they dont so the mat slides forward. Does anyone know where I can get some clips to fit the mat. I cant imagine they are difficult to fit through the existing mat. I understand that they are on a lot of the later Vauxhalls.

cameron66
05-07-09, 12:38 PM
I've never seen them advertised, though maybe a google or Ebay search may reveal something.

AYS the genuine VX mats have always had the clips on both sides as long as I can remember even on previous 3 VX cars. Usually like a plastic circle insert which just clips over the plastic fixing studs.

geegee
07-07-09, 12:53 AM
ask your dealer because they chucked them free when i ordered mine

cameron66
07-07-09, 07:32 AM
ask your dealer because they chucked them free when i ordered mine

If you mean the mats, you were lucky. Baylis Ltd, Hereford, charged me £52 for my mats, which included a generic bulb kit, which does not have all the bulb types used on this car anyway. I tried to get free mats from them, but they would'nt budge. I've since found out that the mats the dealer fitted are only £19 direct from VX, the cheapest set, not the velour ones. :(

I must have MUG written across my head.

geegee
07-07-09, 09:20 AM
haha thats salesmen for you always trying to squeeze people dry no wounder people dont like them, i went in there with the "if you dont give me the best deal today im going to another dealership attitude", they even chucked in the black sapphire paint, i tried my hardest to get the plus pack thrown in but his manger wouldnt barge 3 times he went and asked to try and get him to come around but still i got other little stuffs thrown in also was in there for about 2/3 hours:D whitmore vauxhall

martin99
07-07-09, 03:43 PM
Got mine free with the car (Leasing company fitted them as standard) and included the mats for the back (-

cameron66
07-07-09, 04:26 PM
I had the back one's too, also, I forgot to mention that £52 did also include a touch-up paint set, I dont want people thinking I'm being mean to the dealer. :D

We did manage to get a free set of VX 'Autowatch' rear parking sensors, and that was only when I was contemplating rejecting the car, (weekend I had it) just to make the deal a bit sweeter to swallow. I was told they cost £300 normally to be fitted. (Sure I saw a pig flying past as I came out):D

No, I must admit, on this occasion I dont think I did myself any favours when I did this deal, I'm still a bit undecided whether it will be a keeper or not.

Off for a weeks holiday next week up North, we are going over to the VBOA Rally at Billing on Saturday, staying at the local Premier Inn and driving North on Monday. So we shall give it a good run, and see how it goes after its been back in to the dealer this Friday. .:)

I suppose I'm lucky I can afford to drop it if I so decide, but even I dont like dropping probably upto 3 grand in such a short time, its still only got 1200 miles on it. TBH, now I've got most of the issue's sorted, and the engine seems to be improving a little now its getting a few miles on it, I shall probably end up keeping it.
My son however, reckons that unless I'm 100% pleased with it especially as I'm getting older now then if it was him, he would PX it towards something else. Well see how it goes next week. :D:D:D

Victorbox
07-07-09, 08:24 PM
Clips appear to have a VX part number moulded into mine (Zafira) of 13142011 May be for the clip or mat set - not sure.