PDA

View Full Version : what's good for stress

whoosh
08-07-09, 04:21 PM
I'll tell you what's good for stress - going to the dealer to pick up your new car to find it's a 130ps and it should be a 160ps and then finding you can't get another one till Oct and your current car is due an mot and service in Sep

Before you ask, it was a telephone deal and then visits to confirm and I got no confirmation paperwork and I've been waiting since April

cameron66
08-07-09, 04:53 PM
It may well have not been a mistake on their part, more likely they were hoping you would accept the 130ps version, rather than having to wait further. TBH I'm a little surprised to hear there are still long wait times on the model, I would have thought delivery dates would have reduced dramatically by now.

Could explain why, when I valued my Insignia on the VX site it came back with a higher figure than I actually paid, though I doubt in reality I'd get that figure in the event I Px it at a dealer. :D I have heard though, that the price of second hand cars have risen a little of the last few months, I dont know how true that is.

lewisburglin
09-07-09, 04:27 PM
I'd be sooooooo angry if that happened to me! Tell em you want comensation for the wait for the proper car and make them pay all your servicing and mot on your old car!

whoosh
09-07-09, 06:08 PM
told them today..what I would like..
I am not accepting car
I would consider a higher spec one if we can agree on price (or a tourer)
or I might consider a different colour
or they will have to order another one for me - I don't think I should accept any price rises
they will have to think about what to do about my 1st sep service and MOT

let's see what happens

essixash
12-07-09, 05:11 PM
It may well have not been a mistake on their part, more likely they were hoping you would accept the 130ps version, rather than having to wait further. TBH I'm a little surprised to hear there are still long wait times on the model, I would have thought delivery dates would have reduced dramatically by now.

Could explain why, when I valued my Insignia on the VX site it came back with a higher figure than I actually paid, though I doubt in reality I'd get that figure in the event I Px it at a dealer. :D I have heard though, that the price of second hand cars have risen a little of the last few months, I dont know how true that is.

Maybe the waiting times have come down a bit, i ordered mine nearly 2 months ago and my delivery date is about the same time Sept/Oct ive been told

iangte
12-07-09, 05:40 PM
just going to igonore the topic and go with the whats good for stress well thats easy

sex

whoosh
12-07-09, 08:37 PM
Thanks iangte - I feel better for that :cool:
I've been in to see the sales manager and pointed out I had no documentation sent to me confirming the order, else I would have spotted it. I did not even get a reciept for my deposit. Balls in their court now...

enzo
12-07-09, 10:10 PM
thats a shame that.
hope they see sense and you get it all sorted.

---------------------------
www.Insignia-enthusiast.org

whoosh
19-07-09, 01:22 PM
I have a bad feeling about all this now - waiting for their reply to my letter of complaint. Told them I want them to supply car at agreed deal or I will take legal action :-(

iangte
19-07-09, 04:22 PM
if you have it in writeing they can't go back

whoosh
19-07-09, 04:53 PM
It's all very messy - I ordered over the phone, they sent me no order confirmation nor a receipt for my deposit. When I went to collect the car it was a 130ps and I had ordered a 160ps - they claim I ordered a 130ps :(
I've lodged a complaitn with vx customer services but I get the impression they could not care less :eek:

whoosh
21-07-09, 06:27 AM
i have refused the car - but now they say they cannot supply at the prices agreed .....I have a bad feeling about all this

cameron66
21-07-09, 11:44 AM
I too checked out some of the deals online before purchasing mine in late May. In all cases the amazingly low prices splashed across their web sites did not materialise when I actually got to speak to them. Many of the prices had not included all the costs, and only applied if the car was bought on finance with them, which was no good to me as a cash buyer, some of the prices also included the discount using the Govts xxxxxxxxx deals.

IOW maybe not all, but many of them which were displaying very low prices on their web front pages was merely to get people to phone them. Once the OTR prices were worked out, in all cases I tried. you ended up paying much more than the initial advertised price on their website.

On phoning a few proper VX dealers, it became apparent that all of them had similar prices, though there were differences of upto £500 between the highest and lowest prices.

The usual snare trap is to offer you a higher than expected price for your PX car, and then charge you a higher than usual price for the car your buying, after they have added all the charges on, (delivery etc).
The salesman then repeatably comments he's given you a grand more for your car than what its valued at. Fell for this one myself.

You did right to reject the car, especially as it was a totally different engined version. If your not 100% happy walk away. Its just a pity I dont take my own advice.

cameron66
21-07-09, 02:57 PM
I had a look at theon-line stors offering these just to be inquisitive.

They offered me £1200 for my vec-c.:eek::eek::(

My comments regarding the high price P/X scam usually applies mainly at some VX dealers, I doubt the online ones's really want to know about PX deals hence your low px figure.

Whatever PX they offer, often when they give a more than generous PX allowance IME they then rip you off with the Upfront/OTR price.:(
IOW it balances out any advantage and is usually in their favour as usual.