PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Sat Nav POI

thermalactivity
15-07-09, 10:44 PM
Hi
Im still patiently waiting for my Sri 160 NAV to arrive on Oct 1st so apologies for asking all these questions!
I was wondering because you load all the Maps and Point Of Interests from DVD onto the 2GB Cars Internal Flash Memory is there a way to allow you to add custom POIs like speed camera warnings etc?

icemann3016
16-07-09, 07:34 AM
I didnt find way to add custom POI so far. :(

stephen florida
16-07-09, 09:00 AM
no there is not see the forum below

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

thermalactivity
16-07-09, 01:27 PM
no there is not see the forum belowhttp://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

no one has posted a definitive answer on that website forum that suggests you cant add custom POI??????

stephen florida
16-07-09, 02:46 PM
I defiantly read on there that the type of files used, I think it a navteq that POI cannot be added, that’s why I ordered a Insigna without a satnav.
There are forums only for members also , it may be in one of those. Only email address needed to join
steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

thermalactivity
16-08-09, 12:04 PM
So has anyone with integrated Sat Nav found a way to add custom Point Of Interests as if not then this would mean I would still have to use my TomTom Sat Nav in my forthcoming Insignia? Surely some clever techy boffin has found a way to add them???

stephen florida
16-08-09, 12:17 PM
Have been on the German forums, and there still no way of adding POI

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com

Rockh
16-08-09, 01:57 PM
No, it's the same as the Vectra CD70, can't add extra poi's. I still have to use a TomTom for work stuff which is a pain but....
There has been plenty of noise on various forums about trying but no one has managed to do it.

martin99
16-08-09, 03:30 PM
Can't play with anything on the sat nav.
Can't custom the POI
Can't change that annoying voice
Can't switch off the voice command - very annoying when you are listening to a great track volume up singing away and the silly bint chirps on about a traffic jam 300 miles away and everyone gets to hear how bad you are at singing when she turns the volume down :o

thermalactivity
25-08-09, 10:07 AM
No, it's the same as the Vectra CD70, can't add extra poi's. I still have to use a TomTom for work stuff which is a pain but....
There has been plenty of noise on various forums about trying but no one has managed to do it.

I will have exactly the same problem as yourself and would love to get rid of the work TomTom and put S/S POI onto the Insignia Nav.
Is there no way of copying the Insignias Nav Disc and then finding out which directory the existing POI are in then adding custom ones and then reloading it into the cars flash memory?

Rockh
25-08-09, 06:03 PM
Sorry, nope, this is a VERY common question at work ;) The little cubby next to the drivers right knee is very good for the TomTom. My TT one fits very nicely.
The files on the satnav disk unlike like those on a TomTom don't tell you anything. IIRC there are not many files.

Just need to get an extra charge lead so I can keep the thing charged when in the cubby, as well as have a lead fed upto the side of the dash.

thermalactivity
04-09-09, 03:43 PM
Ok after some googling ive found this forum on a German site and apparently it MAY be possible to add custom POI after all....

http://www.navigatiehelpsite.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75923

"Adding POI to map database:
1. Copy map database from CD/DVD to the hard drive (bibliogr and carindb files are enough fo CD, bibliogr and DB folder for DVD maps).
2. Run poison.exe, open map folder (folder where bibliogr file located)
3. Add your own POI or import from plain lon/lat txt or csv file.
Take a look at http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=downlo...lstpg=ds&ls ts=616
You can use: iGO 8 txt, iGo txt, GARMIN csv, destinator asc, mio asc, navigon asc, route 66 csv and tomtom asc files from there.
4. Save modified database
5. Insert modified database (carindb file of DB folder) back to image using UltraIso.
Note: Don't create new disc from scratch, it will not work.
F: Burn the disc."

Anyone care to have a go as Ive still got 27 days to wait until I get my car!!!

lewisburglin
04-09-09, 04:54 PM
Very interesting there, i'll try when I get mine on the 15th but a very good find mate. Looks complicated but lets hope it works :cool:

Rockh
06-09-09, 02:28 PM
Well I've looked and the info on the DVD 800 disk is very different to that of the CD70 / DVD 90. No mention of any of the files shown on the other site.

thermalactivity
08-09-09, 10:25 PM
Well I've looked and the info on the DVD 800 disk is very different to that of the CD70 / DVD 90. No mention of any of the files shown on the other site.

if they managed to "crack" the cd70/dvd90 then surely someone soon will have cracked the dvd800 disk so that we can add custom poi's?? :confused:

Rockh
09-09-09, 07:33 AM
It took them long enough to crack the CD70 so maybe in a year or 2.

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 05:02 PM
Very interesting there, i'll try when I get mine on the 15th but a very good find mate. Looks complicated but lets hope it works :cool:

Nav unit is brilliant....and you CAN add custom POI's!

please tell us all how to do this mate!!! :confused:

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 05:24 PM
please tell us all how to do this mate!!! :confused:

Are you wanting to add whole catagories i.e speed camera database? If so then no, I thought you meant adding single loactions...which you can do.

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 05:27 PM
Are you wanting to add whole catagories i.e speed camera database? If so then no, I thought you meant adding single loactions...which you can do.

:( :( :( we need someone to crack the disk....... i will have a go when i get mine.....

Rockh
15-09-09, 06:07 PM

Maybe a thousand or so POI's I would think.