PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Config Menu Issues

Jawilson59
21-07-09, 04:07 PM
Hi Guys

I know there is another thread regarding missing features, specifically the Auto Door Lock, however it got steered more towards the Global Opening / Closing feature relating to the Windows.

I have had my Insignia SRi 2.0CDti in to the dealers to get the faulty air con fixed and asked about the missing features in the menu, compared to the manual.

He told me that technical dept. said it is country specific and that not all features are enabled. This sounds like a complete load of tosh to me.

So, can someone please post in this thread a specific link or info that I can take to him and prove that someone far higher up the VX foodchain knows that the door auto lock feature should be available in the menu.

Many Thanks

cameron66
21-07-09, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately Matey it all came to nothing, the VX support member who originally came back and said these features should be on all the models has I assume been shot. They later came back to myself and others saying that the features even the basic features mentioned were indeed country specific or depended on whether other options had been added when ordering the car.

The auto opening/closing of windows and auto locking which I was mainly concerned about only works when all 4 electric windows are fitted for example.

I think we are stuck with a more inferior vehicle than the one we thought we were getting. At least as far as basic features are concerned.:(

It seems VX can fit these simple missing featues on their lowest basic corsa but feel its justifiable to leave them off the Insignia which costs more than double the price.:(

lewisburglin
22-07-09, 11:10 AM
It would be interesting, to see if someone has got in touch with watchdog to see if they could get some foot in the door & see if vauxhall can squirm on this issue??
Maybe the Insignia owners ought to get together on this one & kick something off??;);)(-

A good idea me thinks....(-

joemailey
24-07-09, 05:45 PM

Seconded.

icemann3016
24-07-09, 09:49 PM

Thirded

Gorfinkle
25-07-09, 07:48 AM
I'm not an insignia owner, but i'll "forth" it :D

cameron66
25-07-09, 04:55 PM
You can obviously count me in...:)

5 Musketeers then, all for one, and one for all.

icemann3016
26-07-09, 07:25 AM
Fight for glory :P I`ll replace the logos of Opel with VX so i`ll be using Left sided wheel Vauxhall :)