PDA

View Full Version : Locking Fuel Cap

martin99
22-07-09, 07:56 PM
Can anyone help ? :confused:

The locking filler cap has got a bit confused:confused::rolleyes::confused: and now locks shut we you unlock the car and unlocks when you lock the car :eek:

Is there a simple reset or do I just give it an almighty kick and take it back to the dealer :cool:

iangte
22-07-09, 08:01 PM
disconect your battery for atleast an hour it solves all mate lol

Mr Elite
22-07-09, 08:44 PM
There must be a fuse you can remove to reset it.

cameron66
22-07-09, 10:02 PM
Can anyone help ? :confused:

The locking filler cap has got a bit confused:confused::rolleyes::confused: and now locks shut we you unlock the car and unlocks when you lock the car :eek:

Is there a simple reset or do I just give it an almighty kick and take it back to the dealer :cool:

Fortunately I've not had any issue's with the computer doing funny things, at least not so far. Plenty of other little things but thats not one of them...LOL

I think if the dealer is fairly local I would slip back in with it and let them fix it.
Otherwise as suggested, perhaps a reset from the config menu options or battery disconnection may sort it, which is probably the first thing they will do anyway.

It was'nt you was it, that had a issue with the fuel flap not holding shut when it was closed after refueling, I remember seeing a posting on one of the Insignia forums and just wondered.

Rockh
27-07-09, 12:10 PM
Mines started to do this, a real pita, nearly ripped the flap off the first time it did it. Found that if you unlock the car a second time it normally unlocks the filler flap. Taking the car to the dealers to get them to have a look and will ask about the AFL update when it's there.

martin99
27-07-09, 04:02 PM
Oh the frustration :mad: Forgot to tell the wife about the filler cap problem :D On comes the low fuel light and in she goes for fuel :rolleyes: Wish I was there :rolleyes:
A queue of people reading the manual and trying to open the cap - eventually I get a call ;) "Just lock it" I say - you can imagine the laungage (-
After calming her down she "locked" the car to unlock the filler then unlocked the car to lock the filler cap - Laugh nearly split my sides -):eek:
Erm ............. no tea tonight then :confused: :eek::eek::eek:

Rockh
27-07-09, 04:24 PM
Luckily the wife won't fill up my motor so no issue there. ;) But it would have been the same as yours if it had been her.:rolleyes: