PDA

View Full Version : Auto Lights Now Working much better,

cameron66
23-07-09, 01:12 AM
I remember commenting in one of my threads a while ago some limitations of the Auto Lighting.

I used to find that it would switch on the dipped beam at the slightest fading of light, such as where the road maybe partly covered by tall trees cutting some of light out slightly. Then it would take upto 10mins or longer after coming into bright sunlight before the dipped automatically turned off again.

I've noticed that since my car went into the dealers on Monday to have a engine mount replaced due to the airbox support part of it fracturing off.

That the dipped beam is now switching off more quickly, in fact within a few seconds of coming back into bright sunlight which is how it should have worked in the first place.

I read on the german Insignia forums that VX/Opel had released updated software to make the auto lights more sensitive to resolve the above issues, so I'm wondering if the dealer updated it when the car was in.
They never mentioned they had, but whatever they did seems to have fixed it, unless its started working properly on its own. :)
Either way... I'm not complaining. :D

Vectra-Arctic
23-07-09, 10:10 PM
Some good news then.

icemann3016
24-07-09, 09:53 PM
I`m not quite happy with the auto lights either, they get enabled even if i pass under a bridge or some road crossing. The Astra H had much better auto lightning. I`ve heard for some kind of update for AFL that makes the front camera decide better on switching to full beam, but nothing is being made on my car. I`m not happy with having no option for mirror folding from keyfob and i find the mirror tilt in reverse really useful and is something that i should have but i don`t have.

cameron66
25-07-09, 06:40 AM
I dont have the AFL lights on mine either. I too think they tend to switch to dipped far too early, one of my gripes was that they seemed to take ages to go back to just the Daylight Running Lights when you go back into bright sunshine. The update for the AFL ones may be what I had seen perhaps,
I've been checking to see how long it takes to switch back to DLR lights, and it seems to vary from seconds to several minutes, even when light levels appear the same to me.

Looks like we are stuck with it, :( I know you can obviously switch it off, but AYK it always goes back to Auto mode every time you start the car, it may have been better if that OFF position on the light switch had been a normal OFF switch instead of returning to Auto perhaps.