PDA

View Full Version : Few Car Pics + Colour difference on bumpers.

cameron66
26-07-09, 11:34 AM
Took the wife for a short run to Ludlow, Church Stretton, Carding Mill Valley, and went up on top of the Long Mynd yesterday afternoon. Not been up for many years. Some fantastic scenery.

Cars running quite well now it got 2.8k miles on it, managed to get rid of most of the console creaks, (had to do same with vec-c).
So I'm starting to be a little bit more satisfied with the car, though I'm still unsure whether I shall keep it.

Its a shame Vauxhall/Opel cannot seem to get decent paint matching on their cars and bumpers. My vec-c was the same, and depending on how the light hits the car it looks bad on some shots. Its obvious that the camera appears to make it more noticable, as its definately barely noticable to me, with no discerning difference at all most of the time. In fact some pics look okay, its obvously the way the light hits that makes the colour look slightly different.

On mine TBH I really only seem to notice any difference when I take a pic of the car, most of the time there is no visible difference, so I can't see them doing anything about it. The rear bumpers seem to show little difference in colour in camera shots, it mainly seem to be the front bumpers, so can we assume these two bumpers are sprayed at difference places by Vx/Opel.

The picture of the white panel is a members Insignia on Vec-c.com, hope he does'nt mind me posting it here, to illustrate what I mean.

Anyone else noticed any colour differences on their Insignia's, TBH mines not too bad, but it does seem VX/Opel still have issues getting their panel colours 100% correct.

martin99
27-07-09, 04:11 PM
It also has a lot to do with curves / pearl paint etc but the pics do show a change I think it is made worse by the shape of the car and all those curves / shapes and contours coming together.

Bring back chrome bumpers :eek::eek::eek::D

essixash
28-07-09, 09:22 AM
i see your point but to be honest i would never have noticed unless my attention was drawn to it and i was looking for it

cameron66
28-07-09, 10:45 AM
i see your point but to be honest i would never have noticed unless my attention was drawn to it and i was looking for it

TBh matey, I never noticed either. It was only when some sharp eyed members pointed it out when I put a few pics of the car on forums. The first poster in response actually put up in bold letters.. 'Holy Colour Mismatch Batman' and yet I'd never even noticed until he pointed it out, and I looked at the pic more closely.

It seems more noticable in camera pics than it does to the human eye. I think its just the way the light hits it, I dont even notice it myself, so I'm not bothered.
The vectra was exactly the same, and I had that 2 years before I noticed...LOL

Some colours seem to show the difference more than others.

liz86
28-07-09, 06:41 PM
my sisters silver corsa D is awful on colour match on the bumpers to

Melbury
29-07-09, 09:29 PM
Took the wife for a short run to Ludlow, Church Stretton, Carding Mill Valley, and went up on top of the Long Mynd yesterday afternoon. Not been up for many years. Some fantastic scenery.

Cars running quite well now it got 2.8k miles on it, managed to get rid of most of the console creaks, (had to do same with vec-c).
So I'm starting to be a little bit more satisfied with the car, though I'm still unsure whether I shall keep it.

Its a shame Vauxhall/Opel cannot seem to get decent paint matching on their cars and bumpers. My vec-c was the same, and depending on how the light hits the car it looks bad on some shots. Its obvious that the camera appears to make it more noticable, as its definately barely noticable to me, with no discerning difference at all most of the time. In fact some pics look okay, its obvously the way the light hits that makes the colour look slightly different.

On mine TBH I really only seem to notice any difference when I take a pic of the car, most of the time there is no visible difference, so I can't see them doing anything about it. The rear bumpers seem to show little difference in colour in camera shots, it mainly seem to be the front bumpers, so can we assume these two bumpers are sprayed at difference places by Vx/Opel.

The picture of the white panel is a members Insignia on Vec-c.com, hope he does'nt mind me posting it here, to illustrate what I mean.

Anyone else noticed any colour differences on their Insignia's, TBH mines not too bad, but it does seem VX/Opel still have issues getting their panel colours 100% correct.
I dont think I have this problem, unless I should have gone to 'Specsavers',
mine is black metalic ( dont remember the colour name) will try to post pic but I'm not very computer savvy! lol!

Melbury
29-07-09, 10:43 PM

Anyone else noticed any colour differences on their Insignia's, TBH mines not too bad, but it does seem VX/Opel still have issues getting their panel colours 100% correct. Saphire black metalic seems to be ok to me but then i did'nt go to Specsavers!

Melbury
29-07-09, 10:49 PM

yes yes! but iI'm still trying to send the picture after sending wrong one!

cameron66
29-07-09, 10:56 PM
Saphire black metalic seems to be ok to me but then i did'nt go to Specsavers!

No not all colours seem do show up, and in fairness it only seems to show under certain lighting conditions anyway.

I never noticed it on my Vec-c or this Tech grey Insignia until someone who had obviously been to specsavers spotted the slight difference when I posted some pics of the car on the forums.

I wont be losing any sleep over it. :)

Though there are a few which seem worse than others for this issue.
Glad to hear your VX seems okay.:)