PDA

View Full Version : Simple Yes/No Question for users with SatNav

cameron66
27-07-09, 01:19 PM
When using your built-in Satnavs can you split the screen into two, so that part of it displays your Satnav info and the remaining part of the split screen say displays your mp3 music info for example. ?

IOW does it have the ability to split the screen to display different info, like on the BMW nav screens. ?

Rockh
27-07-09, 03:04 PM
No, map and direction info on split screen only.

cameron66
27-07-09, 03:33 PM
No, map and direction info on split screen only.

Cheers Matey, I just wondered if it was capable of showing output from the Satnav and other info at the same time.

Thought it may have been able to do this, its quite a clever feature to have.
You can do this on my sons 57 plate BMW 320i M-Sport dropheap Coupe, and looks really superb. Just thought that in 2009 VX may have included this feature on the SatNav... Ah well... typical VX/Opel.

I suppose ultimately you get what you pay for. Though at £1200 for the VX Nav option I would'nt call it cheap.

martin99
27-07-09, 03:54 PM
Come on Cam - What do you expect (-

At least you can plug in an MP3 player :eek::rolleyes:

Rockh
27-07-09, 04:27 PM
Yep VX have joined the 21st century, just...

cameron66
27-07-09, 06:07 PM
Come on Cam - What do you expect (-

At least you can plug in an MP3 player :eek::rolleyes:

I cant even do that...LOL

No USB on the Exclusiv, just the Aux In.

Have you ever seen me knocking the Insignia...lol of course not!:D Nothing but praise from me matey..:D

I was just curious whether it could split its screen into two. I actually would have liked to have had the Satnav fitted to mine, but it seems that it may not be possible to have it retro fitted afterwards.
In any event... with electronics stuff these days being so cheap, these little features dont really cost a lot. Anyway questions been answered. :) Thanks guys.

Rockh
27-07-09, 06:22 PM
I'd give it 6 months to a year and then the serious modders will have got their hands the insignia and I'm sure they'll find a way of retrofiting the sat nav.

essixash
28-07-09, 09:25 AM
Oh i didnt know there was no USB on the Exclusiv, Ive ordered the SRi does that have the USB? or just the Aux in?

cameron66
28-07-09, 10:25 AM
Oh i didnt know there was no USB on the Exclusiv, Ive ordered the SRi does that have the USB? or just the Aux in?

On looking at the spec, it looks like its optional on the Sri,, ie. not fitted as standard. It shows it under the DVD-800 section, its included with the DVD-800 unit.
It states the Sri is fitted with the CD300 Mp3 unit by default, which is the same unit thats fitted to mine, so I suspect it does not have a USB port as standard.

I only have the 1st edition of the Insignia Brochure Book, which I believe has been updated to Edition 2 with some changes to the specs, such as dropping the leather gear knob etc. and other minor things. Pop into your dealers and pick up a copy of the latest brochure version, surprised you dont have one, continually browsing through it while your waiting for your car..lol Like I did.

Maybe someone with the Sri can give a more definative answer.

essixash
28-07-09, 03:15 PM
On looking at the spec, it looks like its optional on the Sri,, ie. not fitted as standard. It shows it under the DVD-800 section, its included with the DVD-800 unit.
It states the Sri is fitted with the CD300 Mp3 unit by default, which is the same unit thats fitted to mine, so I suspect it does not have a USB port as standard.

I only have the 1st edition of the Insignia Brochure Book, which I believe has been updated to Edition 2 with some changes to the specs, such as dropping the leather gear knob etc. and other minor things. Pop into your dealers and pick up a copy of the latest brochure version, surprised you dont have one, continually browsing through it while your waiting for your car..lol Like I did.

Maybe someone with the Sri can give a more definative answer.

Who says i dont? coz i have lol just hadnt seen anything bout USB on it, thats probably why, coz it dont have one. Im not bothered, was just intreagued to know

cameron66
28-07-09, 05:15 PM
Who says i dont? coz i have lol just hadnt seen anything bout USB on it, thats probably why, coz it dont have one. Im not bothered, was just intreagued to know

It's mentioned in the specifications for each model on page 68, a couple of pages in from the back.

I find the built-in cd/mp3 player works very well and you can still get a couple hundred mp3's on discs, sounds decent too.
Though TBH I think the USB would be very nice to have, no moving parts etc, and only limited by the pen-drive capacity etc. though from what I've read on the forums, it does have a max number of titles of 1000. Certainly enough for most collections I would have thought...LOL

I suspect you need the DVD800 in order to get the USB, I dont recall how much that option was but it may have been worth adding. (Like you, I assumed it would come with a USB socket too)
As I've said previously, this really should be on the car as standard.

Almost all cars these days including low end models are Ipod ready. The audio through the Aux In sounds okay from a Mp3 player, but you dont have any control over it, and of course you have to manually switch it on-off everytime you want to use it, which is why I dont use it.

essixash
29-07-09, 07:33 AM
It's mentioned in the specifications for each model on page 68, a couple of pages in from the back.

I find the built-in cd/mp3 player works very well and you can still get a couple hundred mp3's on discs, sounds decent too.
Though TBH I think the USB would be very nice to have, no moving parts etc, and only limited by the pen-drive capacity etc. though from what I've read on the forums, it does have a max number of titles of 1000. Certainly enough for most collections I would have thought...LOL

I suspect you need the DVD800 in order to get the USB, I dont recall how much that option was but it may have been worth adding. (Like you, I assumed it would come with a USB socket too)
As I've said previously, this really should be on the car as standard.

Almost all cars these days including low end models are Ipod ready. The audio through the Aux In sounds okay from a Mp3 player, but you dont have any control over it, and of course you have to manually switch it on-off everytime you want to use it, which is why I dont use it.

Like me? lol i didnt assume it came with one, i didnt even think about it until u mentioned it actually, i was just wondering because you brought it up. Nice to have i agree but not essential, i wouldnt have have added that to mine, already paid enough out on extras, gotta draw the limit somewhere im not a millionaire lol

cameron66
29-07-09, 08:35 AM
Like me? lol i didnt assume it came with one, i didnt even think about it until u mentioned it actually, i was just wondering because you brought it up. Nice to have i agree but not essential, i wouldnt have have added that to mine, already paid enough out on extras, gotta draw the limit somewhere im not a millionaire lol

Sorry, it was wrong of me to make assumptions. I appologise. (-

However, though maybe not in your case, according to the many posts on forums, many buyers did assume it would have the USB as standard.

And to quote your own earlier post 'Oh i didnt know there was no USB on the Exclusiv, Ive ordered the SRi does that have the USB? or just the Aux in?' it was natural for me to think that you too thought it came with USB. Anyway... please accept my apologies. :)

I'm not a millionaire either, I'm actually a pensioner, which is why I went for the Exclusiv with just the Plus Pack option, and protection kit. I figured at just £425 for the larger 245/45/18 alloys and front fogs, it was so dirt cheap and really a must have at that price. I think the front fogs set the front of the car off. :)