PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dealers

Rockh
28-07-09, 11:49 AM
Well a nice trip to the dealers for them to look at the fuel flap, true to form it didn't play up for them and they did spend quite a bit of time playing with it :rolleyes:
However they did a software update on the car which seems to have improved throttle response and something for the satnav :). Asked about the AFL update and the computer said no.

cameron66
28-07-09, 06:12 PM
usually the way... May be a chance of a return visit then, :(

Love the look of your car Matey, what polish you using on it, certainly shiny.
Whats the actual colour, looks slightly dark green.

How easy was it to fit the sunglasses holder, as I believe they are actually for other VX models, not specifically for the Insignia, whats involved fitting them. ?

Rockh
28-07-09, 07:31 PM
Just used autoglym super resin. Not got round to breaking out the meg's kit, it seems to rain before i get to throw the polish on.

The colour's metro blue, something different from the silvers I've had recently. It looks different colour's in different lights which I like.

The sunglasses holder is actually pictured in the Insignia manual, hence where I got the idea from as it's the same as those fitted to the Zaffy, Astra and Corsa.

Just unbolted the drivers grab handle, removed a couple of locating tabs and reinforcing bushes on the sunglasses holder and then just bolted the holder on using the grab handle bolts, a thin walled socket helped as it's a tight fit getting the heads of the grab bolts in. There is a very slight gap at the bottom where you can see the cut out in the head liner cloth but you really have to look to see it.

cameron66
28-07-09, 10:12 PM
Just used autoglym super resin. Not got round to breaking out the meg's kit, it seems to rain before i get to throw the polish on.

The colour's metro blue, something different from the silvers I've had recently. It looks different colour's in different lights which I like.

The sunglasses holder is actually pictured in the Insignia manual, hence where I got the idea from as it's the same as those fitted to the Zaffy, Astra and Corsa.

Just unbolted the drivers grab handle, removed a couple of locating tabs and reinforcing bushes on the sunglasses holder and then just bolted the holder on using the grab handle bolts, a thin walled socket helped as it's a tight fit getting the heads of the grab bolts in. There is a very slight gap at the bottom where you can see the cut out in the head liner cloth but you really have to look to see it.

Thanks for the info, I've seen them on Ebay quite cheap, so will get a couple of those myself.
Thanks again. :)

Rockh
29-07-09, 08:25 AM
No problem :)

cameron66
29-07-09, 02:02 PM
J There is a very slight gap at the bottom where you can see the cut out in the head liner cloth but you really have to look to see it.

Is it not possible any way to lower it a touch so it completely covers the trim by elongating the mount holes a touch?

Rockh
29-07-09, 03:28 PM
Possibly but the bolts (you could replace them with machine screws which don't have a flange) for the grab handles are a tight fit in the sunglasses holder and you wouldn't be able to fit the bolt covers. You can't actually see the slight gap (couple of mm) as its hidden.

I'll go and take closer photo and see if you can spot the gap :)

Rockh
29-07-09, 04:02 PM
Photo's, the camera didn't want to focus very well.

cameron66
29-07-09, 06:56 PM
Photo's, the camera didn't want to focus very well.

Think I can just see it right underneath, but looks okay from what I can see. For close up shots like this, your camera will likely have a 'Macro' mode which allows focusing on closer subjects.
Though it may simply be down to lower light levels in car of course..lol

Think I understand what you mean about the bolts, there's obviously a recess through which the bolt goes, covered by a cap to hide the bolt, so it would be awkward if not impossible to move any holes slightly for obvious reasons..

thanks matey

Rockh
29-07-09, 07:18 PM
Holder fixing:

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/Rockh555/DSC01073.jpg

Will have a play with camera settings and see if I can improve the shots of the gap but I ain't David Bailey.