PDA

View Full Version : Transport Mode - Loss of Electrics & Recall List

cameron66
30-07-09, 03:28 PM
Hopefully none of us should really ever experience this, but it seems a few of our german friends have had issues where the display had some weird symbol flashing and most of the electrics had been disabled, due to the car going into transport mode.

VX/Opel have issue a field fix for this.

It occurs when the ignition key is held in the 3rd start engine position for more than 10 seconds, and will show transport mode in the display.

I noticed when I had my car back from the dealer when it last went in that there seemed to be a bit of residual grease around the ignition lock. (wasn't there before)

It looks like some users have had sticking ignition switches so it did'nt spring back when you released it after starting the engine, thereby triggering this transport mode.

The field fix is to remove the ignition barrel and clean, spray and grease it.
So obviously they must have also done this when my car was in.

Other Recalls to date are below.

1: issued 28-4-09 , Plenubm chamber sealing - water ingress's over the scuttle panel and into the footwells. Your car may well need to have supplimentary sealing applied to it

2: issued 28-4-09 , CDC controller - Faulty part supplied when new, straight swap and reprogram with new unit from VX

3: issued 18-6-09, Satnav unit requires software update. TIS 2 Web download via your dealer.

nrg
30-07-09, 04:27 PM
Cheers for updating us Cam.

Should I book my car in you think?

cameron66
30-07-09, 04:47 PM
Cheers for updating us Cam.

Should I book my car in you think?

Not necessary, unless you have one of the issues mentioned. You can always mention the recalls to them in case they are not aware.
If you give your Reg to the dealer he will tell you if there are any recalls outstanding.

The Vx field recommendations tend to be done whenever the car is next booked in for something, unless its giving problems of course.

Mr Elite
31-07-09, 07:11 PM
Hmmm my key sticks, I normally just return it - got into a habit now.

I did have the centre display stop working and the configure button stopped - I tried the transport mode which didn't work. Fixed it by removing the fuses for the system and stereo and refitting them to reset the stereo - that made the stereo spit out all the Cds but it worked.

Very happy with the car otherwise.

Vauxhallnutter Mark
01-08-09, 10:48 PM
All this sounds far too complicated for me! Think i'll stick with cars where I know what i'm doing and what does what.

Glad you guys like your 'siggys' through.