PDA

View Full Version : Holiday with the Insignia

martin99
31-07-09, 04:41 PM
Boot jammed full :D

Roof bars on with roof box also jammed full :)

DVD player rigged in the back to keep the kids amused :cool:

iPod in the front for the adult's entertainment ;)

3 bikes hanging off the back end:eek:

3 young kids and 2 adults ready to squeeze in for the 4 1/2 hour drive :eek:

Now all I need is for the rainy forecast to change to sunny and we are away (-

Would take some pics but the camera is packed in there somewhere :rolleyes:

See you all in 2 weeks (Hopefully not too Rusty) -)

cameron66
31-07-09, 05:10 PM
Sounds good to me! Hope you all have a good time. Sounds like you are well loaded up there matey.
Most importantly have a safe trip. :)

The wife and I have 2 more holidays planned, 1st week of Sept, and 2/3 weeks end of Sep/into Oct. maybe longer if weather is kind over there. Already had 5 weeks away in the Uk, and 3 months at our gite in France, (just south of Falaise) so as you can tell we like our holidays. We spent a good 5 months in total over there last year.
The benefit of retirement. :D

Even drove down to Rome, Venice, taking in Switzerland, Austria for 3 weeks last year in the Vec-c, so yes.... we do indeed like our hols, and lets face it you cannot take it with you, so we enjoy what time we may have left. We love it! :D Not bad going for a pensioner, though the kids (well grown up now) keep accusing us of spending their inheritance...LOL There far better off than we are.

Gorfinkle
31-07-09, 05:54 PM
Have a great time, don't forget the stick of rock :D

Rockh
31-07-09, 06:10 PM
Have a good one.

The wife has just finished packing the car for our trip to Pembrokeshire tomorrow morning. No camping so no roof box or bikes this year :). Still very, very full.........

Rockh
08-08-09, 07:12 PM
Back after the road trip, nope, no bikes this year as I've not got the new roof bars yet.

Fab week and the car is a great mile muncher :)

Rockh
08-08-09, 09:56 PM
Marloes, Pembrokeshire, as far west in Wales as you can get without taking a dip :) Really nice place, fab beaches for the kids and limited mobile coverage :).

Nope, no photos of the motor, after a 400 odd mile trip, no chance of taking snaps of the car it was filthy :). The best part of over a 1000 miles in all.
Spent the whole afternoon cleaning the car outside and removing the beach from inside, the sand dune look in the back is not good :D .

Rockh
08-08-09, 10:38 PM
Not a good drive once you get off the dual carriageways.
Seems to take forever especially if you get stuck in a caravan convoy as there are very few places to overtake.

Normally try and make sure that we drive overnight in either direction as it means peace and quiet for the pilot :) Time seems to pass more quickly too.

martin99
16-08-09, 04:03 PM
Just got back. :)
Now finished cleaning in and out :rolleyes:- roof bars off and packed away - back to work tomorrow :mad:

Who wanted the rock :cool: