PDA

View Full Version : increadible accident with insignia and survive!

aongoren2
01-08-09, 07:54 AM
Thrilling accident in Antwerp...According to the report, indeed the driver of the Insignia got out of the car unharmed. The crashed occured when a truck drove full speed into a traffic jam into the back of another truck that was launched for 100ft and hit the Insignia that got crushed between two trucks. The driver of the truck that drove into the traffic jam died in the hospital… Luckily no passenger in the Insignia…you can find the other detailed photos in www.opelinsigniaclub.net

http://opelinsigniaclub.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/img406611.jpg

http://opelinsigniaclub.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/img40941.jpg

anda_d
01-08-09, 08:07 AM
show's how safe modern Vauxhalls are

and how lucky the driver was :eek:

Vaux Nige
01-08-09, 10:12 AM
That really was lucky:eek:

bud1970
01-08-09, 10:53 AM
Bl**dy heck! he was lucky!!!

Vectra-Arctic
01-08-09, 01:53 PM
Only survived because the car was a LHD version, RHD and he would have been killed.

Vauxhallnutter Mark
01-08-09, 08:25 PM
Blimey, its hard to believe he walked out of that one!

I was watching Traffic Cops on sky yesterday and there was an accident simular to this where a pug had been hit hard from behind by a 7.5t lorry but unfortunately the female driver was not so lucky. Turns out the driver of the 7.5 was texting on his phone at the time.

There was another where a woman was stopped driving her Corsa in a pub car park by a member of the public and when the police arrived she could hardly stand up let alone drive! When tested at the police station her alcohol level was 153! Legal limit being 35 so that made her over 4 times over the legal limit!

cameron66
01-08-09, 09:17 PM
OT a bit.. sorry.

Thanks for the link to all the Billing pics in above post, some fanastic pics there.

I did have a good walk around the cars on the VODC section and really enjoyed chatting to many of the members about their cars.
My first visit to one of these events, but it wont be my last.
A very good day out for my wife and I.

cameron66
02-08-09, 12:46 AM
Did i miss you too??:confused::confused::( Sorry i did, i must have been on the autojumble stalls at the time.:(

Have you thought bout considering coming onto our stand next year;);), A lack of Insignia's on stands this year.:((-(-:cool:

Depends if I've still got it..lol May swap it for something a little better, have to see.

I was a little surprised how few Insignia's were at the show, other than mark/cabby's white one on the Irmscher stand, and a few others on show.

Mind you, I was more interested in the many classics that were there, of which there were some lovely examples, including some small Opel sportscars which I had never seen before (from Holland I think) I really fancied one of those myself. I must admit many of the cars there were a credit to their owners.

Sometimes when you dont know people, and your'e walking around such an event, people are often in groups chatting about their favourite subject as they do of course, and as a stranger not wishing to be impolite or for a better word gatecrash in on gatherings, I did'nt meet as many as I would have liked. Though I did thoroughly enjoy the conversations that I did have with people, I remember talking to the son of the owner of the mock police car at some length on the VODC site, positioned on the right side in front of your area A very pleasant and friendy young man.
Plus one or two others.

Same thing on the Vec-c section, you dont want to be a lemon, but it can sometimes be awkward (though I dont think thats the word really) breaking the ice and getting to know people. In reality of course I'm sure many of the those on the stands are as keen to talk about their cars as I am to hear about them and exchange experiences/views about the cars.

IOW I'm wondering who they are, and no doubt they may be wondering who the old git with the white hair is looking in their direction, but wary of walking over and introducing himself, must happen a lot at these events I should think. One does'nt want to feel pushy if you know what I mean..lol especially when you dont know them, and lets face it at those events people can be quite busy at times, so one's wary of interupting.

May be a good idea for members of clubs to have a name badge perhaps with their username on it at these events, for the benefit of getting more easily acquainted perhaps.

No different to turning up to any event, and you know no-one there..lol
Its alright once you get to know people.

The wife and I stayed the Sunday night at the Premier Inn next door, before continuing on the monday up to Scarborough for a weeks break. I was quite surprised but she enjoyed the day at Billing too. We actually arrived there quite early about 8.15am and left around 3.30pm back to the room and a nice meal which we were ready for.

Overall, it was a great day, much better than we both thought it would be.
Next time though we'll take a couple of folding chairs so we can watch the cars parade in the circle in comfort to save the legs..lol.:D

Vauxhallnutter Mark
02-08-09, 07:49 AM
Glad you and your wife enjoyed the event and i am sorry too that I didn't get a chance to speak to you. Most of us were wearing name badges throughout the weekend so that people could see who we were so I guess the people you ran into wasn't then!

Billing is always a great show and is the highlight of the Vauxhall Opel Bedford calender.

I am glad you liked the police car, it certainly created a lot of interest.

If you attend next year be sure to come up and say hello, you may have seen me hanging around I was the 6ft tall person in the cowboy hat!

cameron66
02-08-09, 04:21 PM
I am afraid i was in a similar situation, when i first turned up, but, i did overcome this & introduce myself to a "gathering";);)

As Mark said we were wearing badges for such purpose.:):) we have a mugs/rogues gallery on here & you can see some of us, also in our marquee was a board with pics of reps/mods etc on it also:cool:
A shame i missed you, & yes there was alot of fine cars there, i had my green vec-c there also my mk1 Astra too, two tone.
:D:D

Thanks Mark & Mitch for those friendly words, TBH my comments re. the id badges in hindsight were probably not valid and would have made little difference anyway, a lot of it comes down to simple shyness and the reluctance to go over and introduce oneself, especially when there are groups chatting away together, which naturally happens at such events.

I shall however endevour to get involved and meet more people next time.
AIS it was a most enjoyable day, I still came away thinking I had not chatted so much for years...lol Good job I have a very patient and understanding wife.. essential for events like Billing. :D
Thanks again.

etd
02-08-09, 08:23 PM
that is one hell of a lucky escape...