PDA

View Full Version : Review your insignia

mitch1408
03-08-09, 08:44 AM
Ive started this topic so that people can write a short review about what its actually like to own an Insignia.

I searched the net for ages before buying mine and only found one "owners review", :eek: so think this might help others. I havnt actually got my car yet so cant start things off but if you can try and include the following I think we will very quickly have a good place for potential owners to see what it will be like to live with.

•The model you chose (SRi, elite etc)
•Any Extras
•Dealer experience
•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling
•Comfort and practicality
•Anything else you can think of including marks out of 10 (or give each sub heading a mark out of 10?)

Thanks in advance,:)

Mitch

joemailey
03-08-09, 12:47 PM
•The model you chose - Exclusive 1.8 Petrol

•Any Extras - Plus pack(Fog lights and 18" alloy's)

•Dealer experience -Dealer experience was very good.

•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - MPG I get about 28/30MPG althou it seems to improve the more I drive it. I find the handling to be very good.
After a few near misses and some sharp turning I've had to do. The Insignia handled its self very well.
downside is I seemed to stall the car a lot when I first got it. As there doesn't seem to be much of a biting point when your taken of from stand still.
I stall it a bit when I'm reversing too. As I seem to lose the point.
My dad has been driving for over 30years, Had several different cars. I've never seen him stall a car. But without fail every time he drive the Insignia he stalls it. But I'm getting use to it now. It only hassles me when I'm reversing the car now.

•Comfort and practicality - I find the car extremely comfortable for long Journeys. I have recently done an 800miles in 24hrs. It is extremely nice and comfortable. Handy being able to access everything from the steering wheel.
I also find it quiet too, If I have music on I struggle to hear my engine unless I rev it up a bit. When I first got it if I stopped anywhere I use to rev a little to see if the car was still running.

•Anything else you can think of including marks out of 10 (or give each sub heading a mark out of 10?)
I really do like the car. I'd get it and 8 out of ten.
Would give it move but it is lacking features that from what I seen reading documentation I thot I was going to get.

Like the folding mirrors and the mirrors dipping when going in to reverse gear.
The electric windows not working once the engine is of. They worked fine in my 3 astra when I turned the engine of.
The fact the Manuel doesn't seem to apply to the exclusive model is bit annoying.
The fact most of the options in the config menu don't exist on the lower model is also annoying. But I forget most of the stuff I assumed I was getting when I ordered the car.

Amos
03-08-09, 02:43 PM
The model you chose – Elite ST 2.0 CDTI 160Bhp

•Any Extras – Bluetooth, Forward Camera 19" alloy's)

•Dealer experience -Dealer experience was xxxx

•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - MPG I get about 42MPG although it seems to improve on power its done 2.5k now . I find the handling to be very good.

•Comfort and practicality- Very good really nice ride no drift on roundabouts brake good bit small in back for the dogs

•Not to happy with- sound from parking sensors when revering not very load mirrors drop to low when reversing cant see past back wing

Happy42
03-08-09, 02:47 PM
•The model you chose - Elite 2.0CDTi 160 Nav Saloon

•Any Extras - none - Std Elite spec

•Dealer experience -Dealer experience was very good. although a long wait for delivery.

•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - 10/10 MPG I get about 49/50MPG but can get 63mpg on the motorways. I did stall the car on a few occaisions for the first few days but got used it. Handles like a gream and a great motorway cruiser. I love the electronic handbrake with the hillstart assist !

•Comfort and practicality - 9/10 The most comfortable car I have driven, I'm 6'5" and there's lots of room and plenty of adjustment of the drivers seat to meet all demands. Sat nav is good, 4 didgit post code is a pity as I was used to the Tom Tom's 6 and unable to update POI's. Usb connection is superb for music and saves carrying all those cd's around.

You can tell it's a Diesel when first started but settles down quickly and now I don't notice it.

AFL lights 10/10 they are superb and bright.
Recommend the front parking sensors - It's a long nose !!
Very smooth car to drive
Tyres grip the road and although large low profiles, comfortable ride and low road noise.

9/10 I love it :D

Cheers

stephen florida
03-08-09, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your reviews , still waiting for my car was the 14th Aug now the 25th.

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com

icemann3016
03-08-09, 04:45 PM
?The model you chose: Insignia Sport, Metro Colour
?Any Extras: AFL Headlights, Navigation, Dual zone climatronic + UV front windshield, Front Camera, Park Assist and maybe few others that i can`t remember now
?Dealer experience: I can say the best dealer in Bulgaria, compared to all others mine has best aftersale support and best offers on buying the car
?Performance (MPG etc) and Handling: Urban i have ~8 l/100km and extra urban is about 6.6 l/100km. Very good handling excluding the steering.. it`s very light and you can`t feel the car... kind of. But the FlexRide is awesome, so are the TC,ESP and ABS features.
?Comfort and practicality: Much better comfort than my previous Astra H... well a bit big but with the park assist there is nothing impossible for me. Although i prefer driving the Astra when going in the city center.
?Anything else: Had a bit problems with the BCU and the electronics went crazy few times but the dealer changed the software and it`s now ok. The oil top up annoyed me a bit but no sign of it after the oil change and i find it uncomfortable to be unable to fold the mirrors from the keyfob.

So that`s about it

cameron66
03-08-09, 04:46 PM
?The model you chose (SRi, elite etc)

Exclusiv 1.8vvt

?Any Extras

Plus Pack, ie. 245/45/18 Alloys and front Fogs, also VX reversing sensors.

?Dealer experience

I was most fortunate in finding this dealer, Cannot Fault.
Could not do enough for me. Highly Recommended. 10/10

?Performance (MPG etc) and Handling

Performance is very good, I find I can get up most hills as long as I have a decent run at, and have only needed a second attempt only once.
Most impressed with engine, very quiet indeed, currently returning 33.8mpg
which is superb for a engine this powerful. Really feel the G force when you put your foot down, therefore I tend not to do it too often to save injury to the wifes neck. Most impressed indeed.
10/10

?Comfort and practicality

One of the most comfortable cars I've driven, also plenty of room in front and the rear. Loads of boot space too.
A real Tardis, size of a mini, with the space of a double decker bus.
Very impressed.
9.5/10

?Anything else you can think of including marks out of 10 (or give each sub heading a mark out of 10?)

I love some of the built-in features, the way the dash has its own sound effects when you go round bends is quite impressive. Also the way VX have included 3d effects which are automatically switched on around 3k rpm, not only can you hear the effects, but you can also feel it, really clever indeed. 10/10
I also liked the way VX prepared the car on delivery, already putting a few chips on the front, so any I caused did not show up so much, excellent idea. 10/10

It was also partly run-in, due to the fact the dealer had gone to the trouble to make sure it was well tested before I received it. Most previous dealers have only tested previous cars for a couple of miles, but this car was tested for 72 miles...not all dealers go to these lengths, most impressive indeed. 10/10

I also love the way that VX have managed to get that fantastic lighting effect on the bumpers, where sometimes it can look a totally different shade to the car. My sons thought this was really trendy too, (TBH I think they were a bit envious) must be something secret that VX put in the paint to achieve the effect, as I've not seen this on many other cars. I frequently get admiring glances, it really gives one a real thrill.
I particularly love this special paint effect. Outstanding. 10/10

Also love the way VX have assembled the bumpers to the car, so air can circulate easily between the joints to aid in keeping the car cool. Not many manufacturers do this. 9/10 (knocked a point off as I'm unsure to effectiveness of the idea)

Also the way VX have designed the drivers seat to automatically move when you go round bends, all little things that help to add to the thrill of driving this car. 10/10

So in conclusion I can honestly say I've never felt so pleased with a car.
Well done VX/Opel. Overall Satisfaction. 10/10

nrg
03-08-09, 06:06 PM

Exclusiv 1.8vvt

•Any Extras

Plus Pack, ie. 245/45/18 Alloys and front Fogs, also VX reversing sensors.

•Dealer experience

I was most fortunate in finding this dealer, Cannot Fault.
Could not do enough for me. Highly Recommended. 10/10

Performance is very good, I find I can get up most hills as long as I have a decent run at, and have only needed a second attempt only once.
Most impressed with engine, very quiet indeed, currently returning 33.8mpg
which is superb for a engine this powerful. Really feel the G force when you put your foot down, therefore I tend not to do it too often to save injury to the wifes neck. Most impressed indeed.
10/10

One of the most comfortable cars I've driven, also plenty of room in front and the rear. Loads of boot space too.
A real Tardis, size of a mini, with the space of a double decker bus.
Very impressed.
9.5/10

I love some of the built-in features, the way the dash has its own sound effects when you go round bends is quite impressive. Also the way VX have included 3d effects which are automatically switched on around 3k rpm, not only can you hear the effects, but you can also feel it, really clever indeed. 10/10
I also liked the way VX prepared the car on delivery, already putting a few chips on the front, so any I caused did not show up so much, excellent idea. 10/10

It was also partly run-in, due to the fact the dealer had gone to the trouble to make sure it was well tested before I received it. Most previous dealers have only tested previous cars for a couple of miles, but this car was tested for 72 miles...not all dealers go to these lengths, most impressive indeed. 10/10

I also love the way that VX have managed to get that fantastic lighting effect on the bumpers, where sometimes it can look a totally different shade to the car. My sons thought this was really trendy too, (TBH I think they were a bit envious) must be something secret that VX put in the paint to achieve the effect, as I've not seen this on many other cars. I frequently get admiring glances, it really gives one a real thrill.
I particularly love this special paint effect. Outstanding. 10/10

Also love the way VX have assembled the bumpers to the car, so air can circulate easily between the joints to aid in keeping the car cool. Not many manufacturers do this. 9/10 (knocked a point off as I'm unsure to effectiveness of the idea)

Also the way VX have designed the drivers seat to automatically move when you go round bends, all little things that help to add to the thrill of driving this car. 10/10

So in conclusion I can honestly say I've never felt so pleased with a car.
Well done VX/Opel. Overall Satisfaction. 10/10

hahahahaha, sorry but that is soo good.

cameron66
03-08-09, 06:24 PM
Sorry guys... but I could'nt resist.:D

Thought I would stop being negative, and start to be more optimistic and positive.:D

Melbury
03-08-09, 09:28 PM
(-:DIve started this topic so that people can write a short review about what its actually like to own an Insignia.

I searched the net for ages before buying mine and only found one "owners review", :eek: so think this might help others. I havnt actually got my car yet so cant start things off but if you can try and include the following I think we will very quickly have a good place for potential owners to see what it will be like to live with.

•Any Extras
•Dealer experience

Thanks in advance,:)

Mitch The model ----1.8 petrol Exclusiv
Extras___----18" alloys + front fogs plus park sensors front
and rear
Dealer experience__ very good
MPG & handling__ 30/31mpg , town driving not sure,
about 23
Handling is a joy but very much recommend
parking sensors for this car as it is 10" longer than vectra
to me they are a must have.
Comfort & practicality ___ Excellent seats & trim level
Anything else____Radio is not a DAB as in the Vectra Exclusiv so if
you want it its extra (cd400)
I have now done just 4k miles since Feb its getting better every
day. another point is all panel joins are good and in the black
sapphire met there is no colour problem with the front or rear
valances

stephen florida
04-08-09, 04:33 AM
I have ordered a automatic.

Any reviews of automatics please.

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com

mitch1408
10-09-09, 11:46 AM
Come on all you new owners, whats it like to live with?

Rockh
10-09-09, 04:13 PM
•The model you chose (SRi, elite etc) - Elite 2.0 160 Nav Hatch.
•Any Extras - Bluetooth, rear blinds.
•Dealer experience - N/A company car
•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - Currently getting mid to high 30's, had 45 on the motorway run on holiday.
•Comfort and practicality - Really nice to drive once you get used to the poor visibility through the rear window. Drivers seat very comfortable on long runs. Handles well, only managed to get a small amount of tyre squeal when giving it the beans on roundabouts. Very good brakes, from the couple of near misses I've had so far. Boot is good, can get all my work related stuff in and then some.
Been to the dealers who work use (Bristol St, Newcastle) for warranty work, no complaints about service. 9/10
Lack of available parts and info on VX computer system, dealers own comment 4/10

Probably one of the best car's I've had. The only other one which was as good was the Signum.

rosco
10-09-09, 05:31 PM
•The model you chose (SRi, elite etc) - Sri turbo 180 hatch
•Any Extras - nav, 20's, dealer fit tinted windows
•Dealer experience - german car salesman reasonable, eastbourne motor center staff - brilliant.
•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - averaging about 35ish seen as low as 22 average when on "das autobahn"
•Comfort and practicality Excellent drive, very comfortable and quiet even with 20's i was expecting alot of roadnoise but theres very little. visibility is pretty pants to be honest but it not really a problem only seems more-so because im used to an old airy vehicle. boot easily took 5 wheels and most of my kit. Loving the little cubby holes all over the place
20's are easily curbed..... not yet though just been close. 9/10
Also seem to be missing alot of menus refered to in the manual and on various forums.

still prefer my cavs though....:D

essixash
10-09-09, 10:02 PM
any alloys with low profile tyres are gonna be easier to kerb i guess tho

thermalactivity
11-09-09, 01:42 PM
any alloys with low profile tyres are gonna be easier to kerb i guess tho

this is my one BIG worry about getting the 20s on mine. the pool vectra's from my leasing garage have 19s with ultra low profiles on and i have had 2 punctures with them and i no doubt probably added to the already VERY curbed alloys :(

Rockh
11-09-09, 03:05 PM
this is my one BIG worry about getting the 20s on mine. the pool vectra's from my leasing garage have 19s with ultra low profiles on and i have had 2 punctures with them and i no doubt probably added to the already VERY curbed alloys :(

The 07 plate Zaffy SRi with the XP pack has really knackered alloys. I had it for a few months after my vectra was written off and my Insignia turning up and the wheels were shot. Had to get the front tyres replaced as soon as I got it as they were shredded on the side walls, took Hi-Q ages to get them balanced right due to the damage. God awful car or atleast with the XP pack it was.

Happy42
11-09-09, 03:40 PM
Hi All :)

re' the poor rear visibilty - I've found this only in the Hatch as the sallon has a bigger rear window and I don't have an issue.

I'm now getting 62mpg on the motorways :D and 49/50 around town :D:D

Just keeping my right foot very soft !!

Have fun, these are great cars (-

essixash
11-09-09, 05:50 PM

re' the poor rear visibilty - I've found this only in the Hatch as the sallon has a bigger rear window and I don't have an issue.

I'm now getting 62mpg on the motorways :D and 49/50 around town :D:D

Just keeping my right foot very soft !!

Have fun, these are great cars (-

Thats good news coz ive got the Saloon, collecting it on Thursday morning, the suspense is killing me

mitch1408
11-09-09, 06:03 PM

Ive got the Hatch on the way but dont think it will be too much of an issue as ive currently got an Astra sports hatch (3door) and the rear window is the size of a postage stamp!! only time will tell.....

thermalactivity
11-09-09, 06:50 PM

i thought the saloon had a higher back end to accomodate it having just a boot hence it having a smaller rear window and less visibilty than the hatchback? just what id noticed when i test drove both of them...:confused:

Happy42
12-09-09, 06:47 AM
Hi Mate :)

I find the opposite, I have the saloon and have had a hatch several times as a hire car in Belfast. Rear window in hatch is smaller to allow the tailgate to open, the hatch also has a larger dark area surrounding the rear window.

I thought they were both the same from the outside at first but very different from the inside.

Happy motoring (-

john57
13-09-09, 12:55 PM
I have ordered a automatic.

Any reviews of automatics please.

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com

Hi Stephen

I just got my Insignia 2.0 (160) Elite Auto on Tuesday (08/09/09), which is my 14th Automatic in 35 years of driving.

I must say the Auto box feels smooth and nice to use. The take off speed, turning into the main road at junctions, dosen't seem a quick as I am used to, ( my last three cars, Citroen C4 2.0 petrol, Rover 75 2.0 diesel and a Rover 1.8 petrol, all auto's) but it may just be that it needs more throttle than I am used to having to give it. The 0-62 time is 9.0 seconds according to Vauxhall, which is good for a Diesel Automatic and only 0.1 behind the manual version, which is excellent.

I think you should be pleased with the car, when you get it.

stephen florida
13-09-09, 01:49 PM
John
Thanks for the review.
I have had my first automatic and my first diesel only for 6 months , a Vectra. I like the car but when you pull away from a junction it takes a long time to responded, almost on the verge of being dangerous.
Just hoping the insignia is not like my vectra in that respect

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

john57
13-09-09, 02:56 PM
The Model you choose - Elite 2.0 (160) CDTI Auto, Silver Lake (ordered Silver Lightning but I don't know that there is much difference, maybe slightly more greyie than greyie blue) with light Beige interior.

Any Extras - Automatic

Performance (MPG ect) and Handling - Performance - Good,(not tested much over 65 mph) yet, MPG - Don't Know yet. Handling - Good and safe feeling but ride quality nothing great after the Citroen C4 and Rover 75 (which What Car rated the best ride quality on the road including the RR)

Comfort and Practicality - Comfortable but firm seats (not a problem). Luxurious Quality feel to dash, doors, seats and cabin roof. Also to the outside of the car. Terrific dash (must look even better with built in Sat Nav). Feels a large modern car inside, possibly better than anything else under 30K. I like the two tone light interior, it really stands out and suits the interior lines of the car. (down to individual taste). Large boot 520 cu.ft.
Poor rear visibility has been mentioned and although front and side visibility seem good enough, the rear visibility is not good (especially if you are used to a hatchback like the C4 or Vectra). However most modern cars (including my previous Rover 75 and 45 saloon) are poor due to a high boot and slopped rear window, more use to Sir Patrick Moore, than the poor driver trying to reverse and park. The Elite comes with the front and rear parking sensors which are a big help and may be worth considering as an extra if needed. What also helps is that the turning circle at 10.89 m (35.7ft) is nearly a meter less than the Mondeo and Passat turning circles.

Dealer - An initial delay by Arnold Clark (Glasgow) which may have been the difference whether or not the car came before the factory shut for for three weeks in July- 17th August. Other than that the salesman was very helpful and efficient and threw in some compensation (free Insignia velour car mats and a full tank of Diesel) for their part in the delay. Most of the delay was Vauxhall's (or GM Europe's)fault. Dealer 7/10. :) Vauxhall 2/10 :mad:

Anything Else You Can Think Of Including Marks Out Of Ten (or give sub headings a mark out of 10) -Dab Radio and 6 CD(MP3) auto changer - Excellent 9/10 :D

18in Alloys and fog lights look good and as Cameron has said if your car does not come with it, it may be a good value extra at just over £400. 10/10 :D

AFL/Xenon lights - Excellent but not essential 9/10 :D

Not noticed any undue tyre noise even although its 245/45 tyres. 9/10 :D

Time for vehicle to arrive. - At 23 - 26 week wait for the car - Depends how urgently you need it. At least if it is a non Motability car, you can order it sooner, however if it is a Motability car, you cannot order beyond three months in advance and this could cause you problems and both Motability and Vauxhall dont seem to give a Sxxt. 2/10. :mad:

Condition car was presented to me in - The car looked very presentable (in a horrible wet galeforce day) and seems (so far) to have arrived fault free and blemish free. Very impressed. 10/10 :D

One thing I badly miss is the large digital speedo in the top- centre of the dash. I think all cars should have them there. I know some drivers think that they don't fancy a digital display, but trust me having had it, you certainly miss it and the new speedo (especially between 20mph and 40mph) seems so small and out of eye sight alignment. 3/10 :(

Dissapointed that the wing mirrors can only be folded by control inside the car, and do not close automaticly, when locking the car with the remote, unlike the C4. 6/10 :(

Overall opinion of the car (so far), I love it, nothing negative that I did not know about before I got the car, other than the non auto folding mirrors when locking and unlocking the car with the remote. 9/10 :D

Excellent car for the disabled to get in and out off, I use the seat high and far back so not been able to try the easy entry seat, as that is the position I keep the seat in, anyway. 8/10 :D

One big dissapiontmet is that Vauxhall do not include or even offer as an O/extra keyless entry, which would be a huge help for someone with crutches, amongst others. I don't know if it can be fitted at a later date if Vauxhall eventually bring it out. Feedback on that issue would be appreciated. 1/10 :confused::mad:

stephen florida
13-09-09, 03:15 PM
Excellent review john, thanks. Got to wait until the end of october for my car

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

Mr Elite
13-09-09, 03:24 PM
One thing I badly miss is the large digital speedo in the top- centre of the dash. I think all cars should have them there. I know some drivers think that they don't fancy a digital display, but trust me having had it, you certainly miss it and the new speedo (especially between 20mph and 40mph) seems so small and out of eye sight alignment. 3/10 :(

Dissapointed that the wing mirrors can only be folded by control inside the car, and do not close automaticly, when locking the car with the remote, unlike the C4. 6/10 :(

I have had an Elite for 10k miles.
The centre console can be set to digital speed via the left hand stalk control.

My wing mirrors fold in with the remote control - this is in the setup menu.

mitch1408
13-09-09, 04:00 PM
Very good review John, cheers. I also wanted the keyless entry option, and would be interested in having it fitted if/when it comes out. It exists on the chinese model (there is a post and pictures on it somewhere in here...) and ive no idea why its not been brought out on the UK/EU models.

Rockh
13-09-09, 06:02 PM
I have had an Elite for 10k miles.
The centre console can be set to digital speed via the left hand stalk control.

My wing mirrors fold in with the remote control - this is in the setup menu.
It would seem that the folding mirrors when locking option is missing from some models. There was bit in a thread a while ago.

Rockh
13-09-09, 06:05 PM
Very good review John, cheers. I also wanted the keyless entry option, and would be interested in having it fitted if/when it comes out. It exists on the chinese model (there is a post and pictures on it somewhere in here...) and ive no idea why its not been brought out on the UK/EU models.

Keyless entry / start, a retro fit of DAB and TPMS would be my ideal retrofit's on my Elite.

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 08:02 AM
Quick First Impression Review
The model you chose - SRi Navigation 160 CDTi

?Any Extras - 18" Alloys, Tech Grey Metalic Paint, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

?Dealer experience -Dealer experience was good. (Pentagon of Derby)

?Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - Too early to tell.

?Comfort and practicality - 10/10

?Anything else you can think of including marks out of 10 (or give each sub heading a mark out of 10?)

So far so good! Nav unit is brilliant....and you CAN add custom POI's!

All the Tech works, i.e windows via the key fob etc.

AND.... I did get the Visable Exhaulst -)

essixash
15-09-09, 08:15 AM
oh u got the vis exhaust. Nice ne mate. Know u wanted that

2 more days for me, im so restless lol

john57
15-09-09, 08:55 AM
Quick First Impression Review
The model you chose - SRi Navigation 160 CDTi

•Any Extras - 18" Alloys, Tech Grey Metalic Paint, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

•Dealer experience -Dealer experience was good. (Pentagon of Derby)

•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - Too early to tell.

•Comfort and practicality - 10/10

So far so good! Nav unit is brilliant....and you CAN add custom POI's!

All the Tech works, i.e windows via the key fob etc.

AND.... I did get the Visable Exhaulst -)

Great Lewis, glad to see yet another happy Insignia owner. Poor Cameron maybe just seems to have got his car a bit too early in the production line.

para999
15-09-09, 11:15 AM
i have an elite as well. the folding mirror option works when you press remote to lock then again to deadlock and then keep your finger on it continuously and the mirrors fold. unlock keep your finger on the remote open button and the mirrors return to their usual place but the windows partly open as well,thats on cars with all 4 electric windows only.

Happy42
15-09-09, 11:38 AM
Hi Folks,

Good to see the new cars coming through and happy with them :)

Cheers (-

cameron66
15-09-09, 12:07 PM
Pleased to see that the later models coming off the lines seem to be free of the early troubles. Mine was just a lemon I think, or as stated just unlucky with one of the earlier models.

I've no regrets letting her go, other than the hit in the pocket. :(
Quite happy with what I have now, and I love the Keyless entry and push button start etc. At least my autolocking, and all my 4 windows open/close remotely now...lol

Ironically I've just had another large questionaire come in the post from VX, previously I did'nt want to knock my Vx dealer too much as I still needed to use them, but I dont think I shall be so kind this time round.:D

I'm glad you guys are finding owning the Insignia to be a good experience. I've heard of half a dozen early owners including myself who were not so fortunate and have since dropped them or got VX to take them back.
Just bad luck I think, and having a rubbish local dealer did'nt help at all.

I truly hope the Insignia continue's to do well, and hope all your new cars give you much pleasure and many trouble free miles, in reality thats what we all want regardless of the make of car.:D

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 12:11 PM
Seems you were unlucky Cam,

The fleet company we use has about 70 Insignias on the books, all different makes and models....albeit all diesels, she said she's not had a problem with any of them thus far apart from my armrest.lol. Maybe VX learnt from the early ones!

cameron66
15-09-09, 12:42 PM
Seems you were unlucky Cam,

The fleet company we use has about 70 Insignias on the books, all different makes and models....albeit all diesels, she said she's not had a problem with any of them thus far apart from my armrest.lol. Maybe VX learnt from the early ones!

Yes.. I'm sure I was..lol I've spoken to quite few Insignia owners including a guy who was parked next to me in Worcester yesterday in a black elite model. (anybody on here?) and they were all delighted with theirs too.

I've had lots of cars in my 49 years of driving, including a Morgan, and a Westfield which I used to love tinkering with (a bit younger then)..lol only cars I ever made a profit on. It was just my turn to buy a bad one.
Such is life.:)

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 01:11 PM
Nav unit is brilliant....and you CAN add custom POI's! All the Tech works, i.e windows via the key fob etc.

so how do you add custom poi's? is it a case of manually inputting them in one at a time or can you dump a load on a disk and then load them into the nav??
tell me about all the tech toys that youve found as im like a little kid now knowing about this still with 15 days to go!!!! :D

cameron66
15-09-09, 09:43 PM
so how do you add custom poi's? is it a case of manually inputting them in one at a time or can you dump a load on a disk and then load them into the nav??
tell me about all the tech toys that youve found as im like a little kid now knowing about this still with 15 days to go!!!! :D

There has been very active thread on this subject for quite some time on another forum, and currently its not possible to load third party poi's to the Vx SatNav. So no speed cam warnings unfortunately.

Toon
21-09-09, 08:19 PM
•The model you chose (SRi, elite etc) - Elite ecoFlex
•Any Extras - nope
•Dealer experience - very good
•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - MPG a little lower than expected especially with it being an ecoFlex but only had it for a week
•Comfort and practicality - excellent
•Anything else you can think of including marks out of 10 (or give each sub heading a mark out of 10?) - can't find a single fault. 10/10

essixash
21-09-09, 10:06 PM
The model you chose - SRi Nav 2.0 CDTi

•Any Extras - 20" Alloys, Tech Grey Metalic Paint, Sight and Light Pack

•Dealer experience -Dealer experience was fantastic (Toomeys, Laindon)

•Performance (MPG etc) and Handling - Too early to tell.

•Comfort and practicality - 10/10

Brilliant, i cant fault anything. The only thing is its hard to get your hand down the side to click the seatbelt in but who cares if thats all lol

Love the way the windows operate via the key, and cos i have the 4 door there is a button on the key which opens the boot if you hold it down, which is handy if your hands are full lol

AND.... I did get the Visable Exhaust aswell and the rear interior handles are silver, not black. And the Sports Pedals etc

The electronic parking brake is outstanding i really love it. Love the Aux and USB ports aswell, really handy for the Ipod. The sight and light pack is brilliant, tinted anti dazzle rear view mirror, didnt really care about it at the time of order it was just part of the rest of the pack but it actually makes a huge difference, the automatic lights are excellent, love how the nav screen changes colour and so does the font when the lights are on to suit the darker atmosphere. Its not rained yet so i cant see the rain sensitive wipers perform haha. Everyone keeps commenting on the 20inch wheels. I get lots of people staring at it while im driving. Went to the local pub the other day, heard them all having a natter about it in the beer garden and admiring it haha

Ive never owned such a perfect piece of machinary, im still in shock, its faultless, i absolutely love it.

Madamvectra
21-09-09, 11:06 PM
Model ; SRi 2.0 CDTi 160ps Saloon
Extra`s ; VXR styling kit, 20" alloys, AFL, Leather, DAB radio
Dealer ; great but then i used to work there hubby still does!! car ordered 6 th August delivered 3rd March!!!!
Performance ; good considering its a big car goes better now with a "magic" box on ;)
MPG ; 38mpg getting better with miles being put on still only has 5000 on.
Comfort ; the best seats VX have ever done. ride is smooth
overall a 10/10 for me.

Toon
22-09-09, 05:57 PM
i have an elite as well. the folding mirror option works when you press remote to lock then again to deadlock and then keep your finger on it continuously and the mirrors fold. unlock keep your finger on the remote open button and the mirrors return to their usual place but the windows partly open as well,thats on cars with all 4 electric windows only.

I have an elite and only press and hold lock once for the folding mirrors.

As for the windows coming down, this is rather annoying. Any way to unfold the mirrors without the windows coming down?

Rockh
22-09-09, 06:30 PM
I have an elite and only press and hold lock once for the folding mirrors.

As for the windows coming down, this is rather annoying. Any way to unfold the mirrors without the windows coming down?
No, unless you unlock and then use the switch on the mirror controller.

cameron66
22-09-09, 08:37 PM
Just wondered if VX had fixed the climate control bug on these newer 2010 models.

This where it does not return to its previous settings.
For example... say... in manual mode you set the fan speed fairly low, then you were to press the windscreen demist which obviously runs at high speed, when you knock off the demist the fan would continue to run at full speed and you have to slow it down manually each time as it does not return to the pre-set settings. This really used to annoy me, has this been fixed on the newer models now. ?

essixash
22-09-09, 11:34 PM
Just wondered if VX had fixed the climate control bug on these newer 2010 models.

This where it does not return to its previous settings.
For example... say... in manual mode you set the fan speed fairly low, then you were to press the windscreen demist which obviously runs at high speed, when you knock off the demist the fan would continue to run at full speed and you have to slow it down manually each time as it does not return to the pre-set settings. This really used to annoy me, has this been fixed on the newer models now. ?

i dont have this problem on mine so they must have rectified it

cameron66
24-09-09, 06:46 PM
i dont have this problem on mine so they must have rectified it

Thats good news matey... yes AYS they have obviously fixed it on the later models, I had to keep resetting mine, as it did'nt remember the previous setting it was on. Sounds like they are getting them sorted out at last. I think the next time a totally brand new model is released I shall wait before jumping in too early. Though I'm really a BM convert now..lol. Absolutely love it.

para999
24-09-09, 09:30 PM
Thats good news matey... yes AYS they have obviously fixed it on the later models, I had to keep resetting mine, as it did'nt remember the previous setting it was on. Sounds like they are getting them sorted out at last. I think the next time a totally brand new model is released I shall wait before jumping in too early. Though I'm really a BM convert now..lol. Absolutely love it.

as i work for a well known motoring organisation fraid i have some news for you bmw's have their fair share of problems and break down as much as any other make. they appear to be well made but they are the same as any other make. unless you unlucky enough to get a ' friday car '

para999
24-09-09, 09:30 PM

as i work for a well known motoring organisation fraid i have some news for you bmw's have their fair share of problems and break down as much as any other make. they appear to be well made but they are the same as any other make. unless your unlucky enough to get a ' friday car '

cameron66
24-09-09, 11:53 PM
as i work for a well known motoring organisation fraid i have some news for you bmw's have their fair share of problems and break down as much as any other make. they appear to be well made but they are the same as any other make. unless you unlucky enough to get a ' friday car '

Of course they break down like any other car, who said they did'nt, but as you bought it up, my Insignia definately was a friday car as you poetically put it, and it had issues when delivered second hand though it was supposed to be new. I have have had some very nice reliable VX cars in my time, However the BM is the best driving experience I've had in a very long time. If it turns out to be as reliable as my 3 previous VX cars prior to my Insignia I shall be quite happy.(-

cameron66
25-09-09, 01:11 AM
Cameron you had one bad one, but you never mention, the first Insignia you got??:confused::confused:
It was a poor experience you went through with the second one, which i wouldn't wish upon anyone.
There's good cars,, bad cars.;);)
I can go up & down the M-way all day long in my 25 yo Astra, seeing others left at the wayside. I Have seen all brands on hard shoulders, its mainly down to maintenence though usually.:)

Fully agree.. most breakdows are down to poor maintenance.

Regarding my first Insignia which was also a Exlusiv but the 160 diesel with satnav, but no alloys, just the structure wheels. I receved it 3rd week of March having waited 14 weeks from the order date, so was a fairly early model as officially they only went on sale to the public from Jan 6th.

I only had it about 2 months.. about 1200 miles on it, and I had no issues with it whatsoever, it obviously must have had the software bug on the climate control where it did'nt remember settings, but I actually never noticed it. Thats now been fixed from what I hear on later models.

That Insignia was passed to one of my sons most important members of staff, as a sweetener to keep him with the company, think I may have explained the reasons when I met you at Evesham. That one was from Bicknels Ltd in Worcester, who later went into administration and is now operated by my last dealer Baylis Ltd. Bicknels were actually quite good dealers, I used to have all my VX servicing done there, never had any problems. Also BTW that car only had 2 miles of the clock when delivered, and totally unmarked.

Quite a few of my cars have ended up being passed onto staff members, usually better for me, as I dont have the hassle selling them, but I got the impression nobody wanted my last one...lol The first one a 58 plate is still going well, though I'm told he did have a prang in it some weeks ago, I think he is waiting for a front bumper, but its driveable, damage not too severe. The guys only 25yrs old, but a brilliant software engineer.

I dont mention to often that the last one was actually my second Insignia, because inevitably I'm always asked how come I parted with it and then bought another. The guys on the Vec-c forum however know about as I posted up some of the earliest pics of the car by owners on there. Check some of my old posts on there around end of March/early April and you will see it. Aslo put up one of the first oweners reviews. (Yes, a serious one...lol)

You may also have noticed that I've ceased posting on there now.. time to move on and all that...lol

mitch1408
21-10-09, 05:41 PM
Elite nav hatch 160PS in Tech grey
•Any Extras
DAB, Bluetooth, Flexride. I love the DAB and Bluetooth, both are crystal clear, far better than in the my Astra. So far ive not seen much difference between normal and the sport/tour modes. Ive obviously not been thrashing yet as im still breaking it in so dont know if this will make much difference but did 300 miles today, mainly on the motorway and used the tour button and felt no difference between that and normal.
•Dealer experience
Wasnt the best to start with, commuincation was pretty poor but after a letter of complaint we received an appology and everything was spot on! Spent a good 90 mins showing me through the car and explaining everything and I think my salesman came in on his day off to do the handover! :eek:
Performance is very good, everything seems smooth and fluid, but solid and well made. There is loads of power and torque, it pulls like a steam train! Not broken 3000rpm. Fairly noisy on start up but as good as any petrol ive driven once you get moving.
Still not got my seat 100% comfy but its still amazingly comfy again compared to the old astra (55 plate SXi).
Some bits still need tweaking to get them set up exactly as I want them but there are so many settings it could take a while! The electric parking brake is very cool but to fully trust it ill need to park on a hill and it still be there in the morning! As for the AFL WOW! That is simply amazing! It took a bit of trust last night to believe they were going to dip and not just blind oncoming traffic but after the first few times I was just sat there in awe! The leather is soft and supple and a comment off a female collegue earlier sums the whole car up.......

"Mitch that is fuc^1n sexy car" :D

I give it 11 out of 10

thermalactivity
21-10-09, 05:50 PM
The leather is soft and supple and a comment off a female collegue earlier sums the whole car up.......
"Mitch that is fuc^1n sexy car" :D I give it 11 out of 10

im pleased your enjoying the new car mitch though even more pleased that youve got to grips with the soft and suppleness of your leather with your colleague!! ;);):eek:

mitch1408
22-10-09, 08:41 AM
Ha ha! The wife has banned me from having any more girls in it now lol. :eek:

Bigallen
24-02-10, 07:01 PM
Hi All

Thats my Insignia SRI 160 CDTI 1 year old today, not had any problems apart from the wheel nut covers have started to come off following its first service, will need to contact garage.
The mileage is just over 12400 and driving well, seen the thread about the LED lightins in the boot and thinking of fitting them as they look quite good and maybe the back windows tinted.

mitch1408
24-02-10, 07:44 PM
Dont use tint king if you do get your windows done! But do get them done somewhere, it looks so much better! As for the missing wheel nut caps a new version is coming nuts in apr/may so they will just tell you to wait till then. You could register your interest in a set though. I have! Glad your having no other probs and enjoying your car.

Bigallen
25-02-10, 05:50 PM
Thanks Mitch, who did you register with, can you pass me the details, and wont be using Kingtint, stay in Glasgow and there is a couple i have been looking at.

Thanks in advance

chris66
25-02-10, 06:36 PM
Thanks Mitch, who did you register with, can you pass me the details, and wont be using Kingtint, stay in Glasgow and there is a couple i have been looking at.

Thanks in advance

If your in Glasgow mate, Livingstons not that far. There's a guy who has done a lot of cars around here including a few of my mates.

knipex
26-02-10, 11:25 AM
SRi 2ltr cdti 160 hatchback in black.

Collected the car January 6th 2009. I needed the car in a hurry so bog standard (with 18" wheels) no extras, no sat nav not even bluetooth (2 week wait for standard car 14 weeks if I wanted extras). Currently 34K miles with about 50% over B roads.

Dealer was fine from sales point of view but is part of a group where they centralise service to one workshop. Experience there is terrible, crazy expensive, slow, for on two occasions to reset service intervals so kept getting change oil warning.

Had a prang in the ice where I hit a steel bollard, Very slow impact (10mph or less) but when the front bumper was hit was it it deformed all over the place taking out both front lights, bollard snapped (apparently a safety thing) but left enough sticking out to take out all the rads. Took 9 weeks to get all the parts and the costs were frightening (over 5K to repair).

Economy average about 42 to 44 mpg

Eats front tyres (about every 10 to 12K it needs a new set.)

Car its self.

Seats are excellent. Love the interior, initially had some minor squeaks from the centre console but blamed that on the guy who fitted my parrot blue tooth kit. He came back and fixed it.

It drives well, handles well but you do remember its a big car when pushing on B roads.

Engine is nice enough, not up to the VW engines in terms of power and more importantly power delivery but nice.

Did I mention I love the interior. :D

Radio is bog standard but more than adequate for my needs and to be honest its far better than the radio in my last two cars.

Climate control works OK. Not 100% sure I like the way fan programming is set but its a very minor issue.

Issues with the car... None. Not a one. I even still have all the wheel nut covers. 100% reliable to date (although i did notice some wind noise in the drivers door this morning like the window was not fully closed. Didn't have a look yet but hopefully its only a rubber pulled out.

Niggles that I suppose annoy me. (or did untill I got used to them)

Only issue is with the engine revving at low speed especially in frost (2nd gear no revs driving along, turn the wheel to take a 90 degree right and suddenly the revs climb and the car speeds up. Not funny. Once you get used to it and expect it you can be prepared but still don't like it.

Similarly when you clutch to change gears and the revs stay up. I know how to drive.. I don't need the xxxxxx car to do it for me. I drive a manual because of the extra control it gives me which the car is now trying to take away. If I couldn't handle a clutch I would have bought an auto.

The rear visibility (or lack there of). Parking was fun for a while (still is in a strange multi story car park.) Come to mention it front visibility isn't great either. It took a while before I could judge where any corner of the car was. I always said parking sensors were for people who could not drive but if I was ordering again parking sensors would be way up the list.

As I said the seats are lovely but the adjustment on the angle of the seat back is very coxxxx. My ideal spot it in between two clicks but I am getting used to it now.

All in all. Lovely car. Very happy with it.

Happy42
26-02-10, 03:32 PM
Hi Mate,

Good write up, although surprised about your tyres, I have the same engine although an Elite Saloon and still on the originals at 23K miles. still a few miles left in them too.

Your visibilty I agree re the hatchbacks, had a few in Ireland as a hire car and is very poor compaired to the Saloon, although I still miss a rear wiper.

Have fun :)

SimonIG10
26-02-10, 05:59 PM
I have now had my 160 tourer for about 8 mths. Only done about 9000 miles.
Pretty happy over all and nice car to drive. Certainly doesnt seem to be eating tyres like others have said as still have 6mm on the front. Only things are:

Fuel Economy is a bit less than expected at around 41mpg but it a big car
Parking sensors beeper especially the rear could be louder
Wheel nut covers coming off (lost about 5 or 6 now) - dealer says they are over £4 each so have moaned to vauxhall and awit a response as leasing company wont pay for them
Little handle in the boot floor keeps flopping down as spring flies off.
Passenger seat should have lumbar support (Sri with cloth seats) but guess I should have checked before specifying trim. Wife moans about this...
Dash a little rattly under sat nav screen
Sat nav DVD800 is pretty poor. Tomtom puts it to shame given lack of POIs and postcode input plus cost of updated maps but simple to operate.
Broken drivers side door mirror due to clash of mirrors. Amazed that the glass stayed intact and all still works even though surround is totalled.
Stonechips go through to white paint which is a pain but easy enough to touch in.
Couldnt get memory sticks to work propertly in MP3 socket but genuine Ipod works fantastic
Automatic lights get a bit anoying going on and off under bridges etc.
Lot of recalls but is a new car.
Roof bars for bike rack quite expensive plus towbar but both work a treat

knipex
26-02-10, 07:19 PM
Hi Mate,

Good write up, although surprised about your tyres, I have the same engine although an Elite Saloon and still on the originals at 23K miles. still a few miles left in them too.

Your visibilty I agree re the hatchbacks, had a few in Ireland as a hire car and is very poor compared to the Saloon, although I still miss a rear wiper.

Have fun :)

I dropped it on for its 10K service and was shocked when the dealer told me it would need tyres soon. they were actually borderline so I changed them straight away)

They claimed it was common and the tracking was fine.

I took it to a body-shop I know and got them to check the tracking (high spec 4 wheel laser job) and while they were out slightly not allot.

I kept it checked every 2K miles just to make sure it was not moving and still only got 12K out of the next set.

In fairness though I do tend to have a heavy right foot when it comes to acceleration and braking but I would have expected more than 12k out of a set.
245x45x18 tyres

mitch1408
27-02-10, 06:58 PM

Thanks in advance

I asked my dealer for some when it was in for a number of jobs this week. They said no as the new ones were out Apr/mar so they would send me some when they arrived.