PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Insignia Owners

Vauxhallnutter Mark
05-08-09, 09:41 AM
A lot of people have said that the Insignia is a lot different to other previous Vauxhall models which i think to a certain extent is true and it seems to have attracted some new Vauxhall owners. So just for a bit of fun i would like you just to spare a momnent to answer the attatched Poll.

For those not familiour with Polls, all you have to do is click on the circle next to the answer of your choice and click submit and thats it! The poll is right at the top of the thread.

The question is simple, is the Insignia your first Vauxhall?

mitch1408
05-08-09, 12:14 PM
Will be interesting to see the results of this. Dont think I would change from Vauxhall now i love them. It is the only manufacturer IMO that dont have an ugly looking car, well once they stop making the vectra that is!

cameron66
05-08-09, 05:49 PM
My last 4 cars all bought brand new were Vauxhall, and other than a slight colour mismatch on the vec-c, (if I'm nitpicking) . I never had any problems with any of them. Good reliable cars.

Not so lucky with this one unfortunately, the first 2 months experience with this Insignia could have been much better. Infact, I doubt few would have have accepted it. Only this silly billy.:(

mitch1408
05-08-09, 05:57 PM
OI!!!!:eek: I have 2 vectra's!!:p:p:p A "B" & a "C" :D:D

What i meant was the vectra is ..... er a very nice looking car lol ;)

Cam is it not too late to refuse your insignia or are there too many miles on it or something?:confused: I tried to refuse my first car, a fiesta, about 7 years ago as more things went wrong with it than i could list, in the end, it was broken into and torched and strangely they didnt want it back!! :mad:

Just read that back and it sounds quite dodgy eh? lol It wasnt me! The guy who did it went to jail for it. For 2 weeks - yes weeks! :eek:

stephen florida
05-08-09, 07:39 PM
I have been a ford man for many many years, bought a 6mth old vectra 3 months ago because it was cheap, a wrong reason to buy a car. but not a bad car , but when i started seeing the insigna on the road , I had to have one.

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com

cameron66
05-08-09, 07:43 PM
Cam is it not too late to refuse your insignia or are there too many miles on it or something?:confused: I tried to refuse my first car, a fiesta, about 7 years ago as more things went wrong with it than i could list, in the end, it was broken into and torched and strangely they didnt want it back!! :mad:! :eek:

Lol.. My health is not brilliant matey, and TBH I can well do without all the hasstle and stress I suspect i could end up with by choosing that path.

In hindsight I should have not accepted it on day one, no doubt about that.
Its currently got about 2600 miles on it.

In my case much of the worst is over I hope, though it has tested my patience a wee bit over the first 2 months.. In any case, as my car review stated I love my Insignia. :D I just dont forget too easily or quickly, and I suppose my experience with this particular example has sort of caused a permanent feeling of dis-satisfaction for me. So although the car is actually running quite well at the moment I may never be 100% fully happy with it if I'm being honest. IYKWIM.

One good thing I've discovered is that in the event I decide to sell it, I wont be taking too big a hit, it seems VX have increased the prices again by 2.5%
3rd rise this year. So I think I would still clear 13k or very close anyway. Depends what I go for next if I changed it. It seems to be holding its price a little better than the vec-c did so thats something, think I would like another fast diesel TBH.
In no rush, were in France for several weeks shortly and will be clocking a few miles, so maybe decision time after we return. :) Most of my cars get passed on either to one of my sons employee's or members of the familiy anyway. Think its me... turning into a Victor Mildrew as I've gotten older.:D:D

mitch1408
05-08-09, 08:23 PM
QUOTE In any case, as my car review stated I love my Insignia. :D

First time i read that a i thought it was a serious review, i kept pausing the TV to read bits to the wife. I then clicked and on a re-read found it hillairious!!(-:D(-:D

Was a good read! lol

icemann3016
06-08-09, 07:20 AM
Do I count in the statistics as having 3 brand new Opel`s including the Insignia but not a Vauxhall :D I voted with "no" anyway.

cameron66
06-08-09, 08:25 AM
Will be interesting to see the results of this. Dont think I would change from Vauxhall now i love them. It is the only manufacturer IMO that dont have an ugly looking car, well once they stop making the vectra that is!

I for one thought the Vecs were quite a nice looking car, I liked the look of my vec-c. :)

Slider
11-08-09, 01:59 PM
Previously had a Renault and did not like any of their current models.

Had a great experience at the Golf Club on Sunday, was stood on the first tee and happened to look across at my Insignia. Noticed 4 guys having a good look round peering through the windows etc, first car I have ever had that has attracted that sort of attention.

Rockh
11-08-09, 02:02 PM
Had quite afew Vx's.
First car was a Metro but that got nicked and torched so as I was short of cash bought a Chevette, then a Nova, another Nova, Corsa A 1.2 LS, Corsa A 1.4 Sport, Corsa B 1.6 Sport (still got that but for how much longer I don't know, starting to rust in some very expensive to repair places).
Then onto the company car scheme with a trip to the darkside with a Ford Focus Ghia 1.9Tdi Estate (great car but Ford ruined the replacement), Signum 2.2Tdi Elegance, Vectra C Design 1.9TDCi (150) (got written off after some gits broke in and nicked most of the dash, including radio, display etc, CIM, aerial, gear stick), fleet spare Zafira SRi with XP pack (awful car) and now have the Insignia Elite 2.0TDCi (160).

cameron66
11-08-09, 03:29 PM
Previously had a Renault and did not like any of their current models.

Had a great experience at the Golf Club on Sunday, was stood on the first tee and happened to look across at my Insignia. Noticed 4 guys having a good look round peering through the windows etc, first car I have ever had that has attracted that sort of attention.

Yes, I've noticed that too, especially so a few months ago when I first had it at the end of May. There's still not many on the roads round here, only one other local one which I've seen anyway.

I often get the odd guy giving it the once over, and of course you get a lot of looks from other VX drivers, vectra owners in particular..lol. Reminds me of the time when I had my Morgan, and Westfield cars a few years ago. Always used to draw a few admirers. Quite nice really.:D

If I can find a vec owner with a late low milage 58 or even 09 plate cdti150 with a cash adjustment I might be tempted to ask him if he wants to do a swap...lol:D

PRO-INSIGNIA
13-08-09, 06:34 PM
Just had someone follow me home because they wanted to have a look at my Insignia!! He said he picks his up next week and wanted to see what the VXR styling pack looks like.:D

john57
16-08-09, 07:43 PM
Just had someone follow me home because they wanted to have a look at my Insignia!! He said he picks his up next week and wanted to see what the VXR styling pack looks like.:D

Just watch that it's not your car that he is picking up next week. LOL.

Only four weeks till I finally get mine, at long last.

cheers
John