PDA

View Full Version : My new Insignia Reg Document?

PRO-INSIGNIA
06-08-09, 09:39 AM
Hi,

Pick up my new Insignia tomorrow Friday 7/8.
To my surprise my Registration V5 document came through my post box yesterday 5/8.
Surely this should not happen?
I have not even paid for the car yet!
When I look at the V5 Document it was actually registered on the 31/7. I have a contact at Vauxhall and found out that the car was not even at the dealer on the 31/7, it was still at Purfleet docks.
Do you think the dealer has registered it early to get it into last months figures.
Do you think I have a gripe with the dealer or not?:confused:

Thanks

Paul

cameron66
06-08-09, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Pick up my new Insignia tomorrow Friday 7/8.
To my surprise my Registration V5 document came through my post box yesterday 5/8.
Surely this should not happen?
I have not even paid for the car yet!
When I look at the V5 Document it was actually registered on the 31/7. I have a contact at Vauxhall and found out that the car was not even at the dealer on the 31/7, it was still at Purfleet docks.
Do you think the dealer has registered it early to get it into last months figures.
Do you think I have a gripe with the dealer or not?:confused:

Thanks

Paul

I would say thats exactly whats happened. However It's quite common for dealers to do this.

As to the gripe, well thats up to you, though its unlikely make any difference.
Can always make a subtle comment.

I had only paid the standard VX deposit of £500 when ordered, and was eventually given a date to pick it up. (About 5 weeks later) A few days before collection I arranged the free 7 day VX insurance which is sent direct to the dealer so they can tax the car, and of course for them to tax the car it has to be registered with DVLA first. In my case the car was registered and taxed the morning on the day I collected it.. on the 29th May.

I paid the balance by debit card when I collected it. Personally I dont think a few days makes a lot of difference. Would have been a different matter if they had done this and it affected the reg year. This happened to me once when I bought what is called a pack car, this is where dealers buy a pack of cars say about 50 of a certain model to get a better deal from VX, so they need to shift them quickly and offer quite good deals on them to customers. However, I lost out on the new reg letter because they registered and taxed the vehicle just 2 days before the new Reg letters started. Needless to say, I was not a happy bunny. Thats not the situation in your case, so its not so bad.

essixash
08-08-09, 02:00 PM
Really........... did they ever rectify it, to lose out by two days i would have gone mad

cameron66
08-08-09, 02:20 PM
Really........... did they ever rectify it, to lose out by two days i would have gone mad

No. It had already been registered. They dont stop business during August for example just because the new reg letter starts in September.

They had to get x amount of cars registered that month, this is why you see so many brand new pre-registered cars knocking around garages and websites for sale.

I was not a happy bunny, but I did make a good saving on the car, but I was still left annoyed. Not much I could do really other than reject it, and remember I was getting quite a bit knocked off the price.