PDA

View Full Version : Ipod touch second generation - will it charge?

mitch1408
09-08-09, 11:49 AM
Ive got an ipod touch second gen. Just wondering if it will charge on the usb port of the insignia as for some reason they changed the way this ipod charges so all the speakers i currently have dont work with it! Has anyone tired it? Mitch

joemailey
09-08-09, 04:19 PM
Ive got an ipod touch second gen. Just wondering if it will charge on the usb port of the insignia as for some reason they changed the way this ipod charges so all the speakers i currently have dont work with it! Has anyone tired it? Mitch

Might do, It has nothing to do with the USB port for why it doesn't charge.
Providing you use the cable you got with it. It should charge.

They changed the pins around in the connector or something along those lines :D

cameron66
09-08-09, 04:26 PM

I have a touch 2 myself, and know what you mean regarding the chargers, as I have come up against that problem myself. The chargers are basically the same vers 1 &1 , but they added a extra sensory pin on version 2. I believe it is possible to do a little mod on the lead to make it work/charge.

Unfortunately I dont have the USB on my car so cannot help, but no doubt someone will be along to give the answer.

However I have seen a couple of threads somewhere on one of the Insignia forums regarding this same question, but I cant remember the conclusive answer...lol or which forum I'd seen it mentioned. It did'nt concern me so took little notice... sorry matey.

The touch 2 has been out quite a while now, so I'd be surprised if it did'nt charge okay from the USB, and in any event it should be possible to mod the lead so it did.

Pity its not possible to retro fit the USB option to mine, but I believe its not supported on the basic CD300 units, think one has to have the DVD-800. Shame though.

martin99
16-08-09, 03:59 PM
I had to purchase the iPod classic to ensure VX compatability and the USB charges this.